Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Talk here like this is all a given.  Remember the teams that beat us last year is all in D2 and Christy ring.  Carlow Westmeath.  Even down and Derry will be licking there lips to get at us.  It's a bigger task than maybe some think. I've still confidence in pj and whatever team he puts out.  But like someone said already.  It will be a process.  Not a quick fix.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

imtommygunn

Nothing is a given when you support antrim...

btdtgtt

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 13, 2015, 12:26:23 PM
Talk here like this is all a given.  Remember the teams that beat us last year is all in D2 and Christy ring.  Carlow Westmeath.  Even down and Derry will be licking there lips to get at us.  It's a bigger task than maybe some think. I've still confidence in pj and whatever team he puts out.  But like someone said already.  It will be a process.  Not a quick fix.

I'm assuming we'll be a better team than last year! (McManus & Graffin availability a factor).
Therefore while I accept our level is declined - I think it should still be above those teams.

In terms of the "process". I said before my wish that PJ will allow the club scene to be unhindered.
This is also the process for me. It will take a few years to broadly increase the playing pool.
So forgetting about results for a second - wouldn't it be great if at the end of the season there is no question over Pj's position?
A period of stable (even if slow) improvement with the same manager and steady progression would be great!

Sleeping giant

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 13, 2015, 12:44:02 PM

I'm assuming we'll be a better team than last year! (McManus & Graffin availability a factor).
Therefore while I accept our level is declined - I think it should still be above those teams.

In terms of the "process". I said before my wish that PJ will allow the club scene to be unhindered.
This is also the process for me. It will take a few years to broadly increase the playing pool.
So forgetting about results for a second - wouldn't it be great if at the end of the season there is no question over Pj's position?
A period of stable (even if slow) improvement with the same manager and steady progression would be great!
yes I'd say if neither lad is avalible it will be a big blow.  But we will have to get on with it, Westmeath and Carlow are still in the Liam Mc Carthy right? 

johnneycool

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 13, 2015, 12:52:09 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 13, 2015, 12:44:02 PM

yes I'd say if neither lad is avalible it will be a big blow.  But we will have to get on with it, Westmeath and Carlow are still in the Liam Mc Carthy right?

Yes, along with Kerry and Laois.

TBH Antrim really shouldn't have any problems in the Christy Ring, Derry, Wicklow, Kildare and ourselves are the main threats.

Getting out of Div2A though is a bigger ask.

Na Glinntí Glasa

the fixtures were done already were they not for our league?
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

Would anyone have them to post here?

NAG1

Loving this new found sense of positivity  ;)

north_antrim_hound

Good Luck to PJ in his new position
He's the new Antrim manager so time to get right behind him
I read his article in the Irish News today and he's deffo going to give it his best shot and get all our best players on board
I hope all our good players get right behind him
With shorty out and MC Manus taking a sabatical its gonna be tough going for first year so we need to be patient
I hope if things are tough going that we won't be hearing any snide remarks like the last manager got

Antrim Abu
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

NAG1

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on November 13, 2015, 02:37:08 PM
Good Luck to PJ in his new position
He's the new Antrim manager so time to get right behind him
I read his article in the Irish News today and he's deffo going to give it his best shot and get all our best players on board
I hope all our good players get right behind him
With shorty out and MC Manus taking a sabatical its gonna be tough going for first year so we need to be patient
I hope if things are tough going that we won't be hearing any snide remarks like the last manager got

Antrim Abu

Was this a dig NAH or was it just pure coincidence?

Megaman

Yep, as ive said already, good luck to PJ and his backroom staff.

I hope he is given time to get Antrim going in the right direction, I have already said that if we don't win the Christy Ring and get promotion it will be a bad year, but if this happens i think PJ's position shouldn't be in question. (unless he make a right pigs ear of it, which i don't envisage)

i also hope the circus that is LW doesn't take over and distract PJ from his job.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on November 13, 2015, 02:05:11 PM
Loving this new found sense of positivity  ;)
sure if you can't be positive and hope for a bit of success with a new man in. Why f**king bother??

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Megaman on November 13, 2015, 02:48:33 PM
Yep, as ive said already, good luck to PJ and his backroom staff.

I hope he is given time to get Antrim going in the right direction, I have already said that if we don't win the Christy Ring and get promotion it will be a bad year, but if this happens i think PJ's position shouldn't be in question. (unless he make a right pigs ear of it, which i don't envisage)

i also hope the circus that is LW doesn't take over and distract PJ from his job.

The Watson factor is what it is
He's been good at whinging via different media outlets about What he thinks is  wrong
Time to shut up and show us what he can do
Personally I think he has left a great future behind him but I would be delighted to proved wrong
Nag no digs
Managing Antrim is hard work with little reward so PJ needs everyone's support as did the last managers who tried there best

Milltown Row2

This thread will turn out to be a bit sit if we continually have this Loughgiel Cushendall tits for tats scenario
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2015, 03:04:30 PM
This thread will turn out to be a bit sit if we continually have this Loughgiel Cushendall tits for tats scenario

No it won't
Imm Dunloy and have no real beef with LG or CD
We should be able to discuss player selection and there possible impact
I hope PJ can bring MC Manus on board after Dalls all Ireland campaign
Think he has more to offer than watson
I also hope PJ can get more out of Eddie at county level to as he's one of our best club players
One things for sure he had my full support