Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on November 06, 2015, 10:37:47 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 06, 2015, 10:24:40 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on November 06, 2015, 09:52:54 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 06, 2015, 09:35:21 PM
Well il leave it at one persons door. Barr was delighted with what pj had to say and backed him for the job 110%, but the bold Frankie knows best!!!!  Biting the lip not to throw a few home truths out, not really the place for it I suppose.   This should keep the dall lads happy anyway I suppose. 👍
Why?
for there's no doubt they wouldn't have wanted PJ named manager.  And any of use on here could say it's the backroom team they had issues with.  Balls!!!
For obvious reasons no-one in the Dall has really been talking about the county job. I haven't heard too many complaints about him getting the job.I thought it was all sewn up to be honest. There was one fella rumoured to be one the backroom team that genuinely shouldnt be near it.
obvious reasons  ::).   They'll be back early February tho will they  ;D yes that would be correct.  And he was removed and another brought in.   I'd imagine he's not gonna jump through hoops for the job.  Was asked.  Showed interest and got as close to stabbed in the back as you'd want by a lad that's yet to do f**k all for our county.  But anyway.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

It's amazing how one vindictive man's personal vendetta against PJ can be allowed to influence our county board. Please be in no doubt as to why our hurling and football teams languish where they do.

No county stadium, Dunsilly a dead duck, third division hurling and fourth division football to look forward to. Wonderful!

I haven't heard that Manley has been appointed but if he has, it's a huge slap on the face for Ciaran Barr. Like I said previously, it could go public.

It's all very, very disheartening.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

If that's the way it played out doesn't it feel like groundhog day.

Cringeable  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hand up

SG your talking nonsense, You Continuesly make snide remarks about our lads Who turn up for County which they obviously love doing and have great pride in, so why would they wish to see the balls up that's being made by FQ?? If PJ gets the job which most people think he should, our lads will support the team as they always do, will yours??  What's happening is wrong but you just couldn't help yourself!!

NAG1

Quote from: Hand up on November 07, 2015, 06:44:49 PM
SG your talking nonsense, You Continuesly make snide remarks about our lads Who turn up for County which they obviously love doing and have great pride in, so why would they wish to see the balls up that's being made by FQ?? If PJ gets the job which most people think he should, our lads will support the team as they always do, will yours??  What's happening is wrong but you just couldn't help yourself!!

+1

lads if.you have something to say about the process then do, the person you are blaming for this jas already been named so you may as well go ahead now and let us know what the reasons are for this person blocking PJ?

My position on it was that I didnt rate the back room team that was nothing to do with anything other than hurling, that was not a reflection on PJ's ability to do the job. It was a personal observation.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on November 07, 2015, 07:30:59 PM

+1

lads if.you have something to say about the process then do, the person you are blaming for this jas already been named so you may as well go ahead now and let us know what the reasons are for this person blocking PJ?

My position on it was that I didnt rate the back room team that was nothing to do with anything other than hurling, that was not a reflection on PJ's ability to do the job. It was a personal observation.

Are you for this new manager Nag?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

There's no new manager yet. To be finalised by next weekend. All the other teams at our level are already training.  ::)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 07, 2015, 07:41:28 PM
There's no new manager yet. To be finalised by next weekend. All the other teams at our level are already training.  ::)

Is there no rest period anymore?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

keep her low this half

I may have missed something here. Could somebody tell me who Ger Manley is and what are his credentials for managing Antrim? I know PJ, I know he has won four county championships, four ulsters and an all ireland as coach of Loughgiel. He lives in the county and is routinely at county, club and juvenile matches and would know virtually every player in the county. I may be poorly informed but could someone tell me who Ger Manley, who he has coached and what he has won?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2015, 07:42:57 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 07, 2015, 07:41:28 PM

Is there no rest period anymore?
teams knocked out if the championship before June are allowed to start training officially 15th November. But sure, if they're not outside... 

Milltown Row2

So that last post by you is incorrect?  ;D

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2015, 08:01:01 PM
So that last post by you is incorrect?  ;D
no. Actually it was factually correct.  ;)

Sleeping giant

how am I continuesly making snide remarks.  I was the first man to congratulate use and I said few weeks back I felt use had a good chance of reaching final on paddys day.  I did say I felt Cdall lads wouldn  be happy if pj didn't get the job.  And il Stand by that statement.   I've been around long enough and no and talk to a fair few hurlers in most clubs in Antrim.  And id have the opinion Cdall wouldn't be the biggest fans of PJ. Get the f**k over yourself. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

johnneycool

Quote from: keep her low this half on November 07, 2015, 07:43:44 PM
I may have missed something here. Could somebody tell me who Ger Manley is and what are his credentials for managing Antrim? I know PJ, I know he has won four county championships, four ulsters and an all ireland as coach of Loughgiel. He lives in the county and is routinely at county, club and juvenile matches and would know virtually every player in the county. I may be poorly informed but could someone tell me who Ger Manley, who he has coached and what he has won?

Ger Manly played fullforward for Cork, early to mid 90's. A robust type of character.

Can't say I know anything about his coaching prowess, but throw up a post on the Cork forum, rebel GAA and see what comes back

Tony Baloney

Is Ger Manley the start of another 3 year plan? How many 3 or 5 year plans before we see results?