doodaa

Quote from: NAG1 on November 04, 2015, 09:45:04 AM
Quote from: doodaa on November 04, 2015, 09:44:09 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 03, 2015, 03:26:47 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 03, 2015, 03:18:29 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 03, 2015, 03:04:43 PM
SHOCKING!!!!!
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 03, 2015, 03:04:36 PM
There seems to be a bit of shenanigans going on behind the scenes in relation to the appointment of our country manager. One particular individual is holding the whole process up as he doesn't agree with Ciaran Barr's nomination. It's all a bit sad really.

Quality of the proposed back room team that I would have more than an issue with, but that doesnt seem to matter much  ???
when the man that was appointed to apoint the new manager is getting under minded by a clown who God willing is hopefully on his way out, there's the issue right there.

Who is this "clown" and how is he holding up the show?
Whats his reasoning for not allowing Ciaran Barr to go forward as a candidate?

Really  ::)

What seems to be the problem with my question?

doodaa

Quote from: hardstation on November 05, 2015, 04:51:11 PM
Ciaran Barr is not "going forward as a candidate"? He was 'supposedly' given the role of choosing a candidate.

Thanks for clearing that up hardstation it wasn't clear from SIE's post, I just assumed he was a potential candidate.
I am not overly familiar with the various hurling people in Antrim, hence the confusion.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on November 05, 2015, 04:51:11 PM
Ciaran Barr is not "going forward as a candidate"? He was 'supposedly' given the role of choosing a candidate.
Not supposedly, most definitely. And what's more, he has a signed dossier, signed by the person in question, to prove he was assigned to find the next manager. I would imagine if anyone in power went against Barr's decision things could go public.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Signed?
Was he paid?
Otherwise I don't see the need for a dossier or a signature?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 05, 2015, 08:07:02 PM
Signed?
Was he paid?
Otherwise I don't see the need for a dossier or a signature?
I don't know if he was paid. Definitely a dossier though. We'll see what happens.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

bannside

For slow learners like myself!

Who is promoting who for the hurling job. Who is recommending PJ and who isn't.  Who is behind Lennon/Manley?

And who is Ciaran Barr recommending?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 06, 2015, 06:15:31 PM
'Apparently'

Barr interviewed PJ O'Mullan and was happy with him. Barr related this back to County Executive. 'A man' (ahem, hold on A SEC) wasn't happy with Barr's choice and decided he wanted to 'interview' other people. He drove to Cork, spoke to a Cork man and lo & behold the Cork man has now been appointed manager.

That's what I've picked up from all the different reports.

Great!! Seriously what is the logic behind getting someone so far removed from the county the they don't have an idea of the emerging talent or the understanding between the clubs their difficulties and actually have the ability to unite teams ... If only wee Jim Nelson (god rest him) was with us once again !!

Hey ho its off to Div 3 we go
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on November 06, 2015, 06:15:31 PM
'Apparently'

Barr interviewed PJ O'Mullan and was happy with him. Barr related this back to County Executive. 'A man' (ahem, hold on A SEC) wasn't happy with Barr's choice and decided he wanted to 'interview' other people. He drove to Cork, spoke to a Cork man and lo & behold the Cork man has now been appointed manager.

That's what I've picked up from all the different reports.

What cork man?

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on November 06, 2015, 06:29:08 PM
Ger Manley. As I said, "apparently".
I'm only piecing together different reports. I have heard that one twice, once on the other thread from MIBAG

Cheers.. It should of been PJ all day long for me.

bannside

Once Ciaran Barr was given the remit, his recommendation  should have been upheld. (Almost no matter who that would have been). If true this is unbelievable and one more example of where our problems really lie on this county.

Milltown Row2

I seriously don't see the logic of bringing in a person to over see appointments and then say, nah you're alright mate...

That's me regulated to div 5 next year :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Well il leave it at one persons door. Barr was delighted with what pj had to say and backed him for the job 110%, but the bold Frankie knows best!!!!  Biting the lip not to throw a few home truths out, not really the place for it I suppose.   This should keep the dall lads happy anyway I suppose. 👍
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 06, 2015, 09:35:21 PM
Well il leave it at one persons door. Barr was delighted with what pj had to say and backed him for the job 110%, but the bold Frankie knows best!!!!  Biting the lip not to throw a few home truths out, not really the place for it I suppose.   This should keep the dall lads happy anyway I suppose. 👍
Why?

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on November 06, 2015, 09:52:54 PM
Why?
for there's no doubt they wouldn't have wanted PJ named manager.  And any of use on here could say it's the backroom team they had issues with.  Balls!!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 06, 2015, 10:24:40 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on November 06, 2015, 09:52:54 PM
Why?
for there's no doubt they wouldn't have wanted PJ named manager.  And any of use on here could say it's the backroom team they had issues with.  Balls!!!
For obvious reasons no-one in the Dall has really been talking about the county job. I haven't heard too many complaints about him getting the job.I thought it was all sewn up to be honest. There was one fella rumoured to be one the backroom team that genuinely shouldnt be near it.