Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: cushendall on October 26, 2015, 12:39:34 PM
Dr our defending is usually second to none, the backs had an off day and we still came out with the win, I agree poor defending yesterday cost us the goals! However we playing the better hurling throughout sneil where incredibly dirty, sean MC afee and Aidan where hammered around that pitch, pulled down every time they got the ball,
Slaughtneil weren't dirty. A few bad challenges on both sides not helped by a poor referee.

MoChara

I thought the referee was only remembering rules as he went along, poor performance from him, I thought he was bad last year as well in the C'Dall Slaughtneill semis.

Sleeping giant

I thought mc manus as super as he was yesterday bought a few frees. He won't get away with it at the all Ireland stage.  Something that has crept into his game.  And that's not knocking him. He was very good.   Also I think Shane may need to move inside when fully fit.  Cdall for me maybe lack that tricky forward that's required at the stage use are now at.  Christy was very good in spells.  But for a semi final you'll need a forward light and tricky on the feet.  I can see Cdall beating either Galway side. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

getevennotcross

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on October 26, 2015, 12:45:00 PM
Dr our defending is usually second to none, the backs had an off day and we still came out with the win, I agree poor defending yesterday cost us the goals! However we playing the better hurling throughout sneil where incredibly dirty, sean MC afee and Aidan where hammered around that pitch, pulled down every time they got the ball,
Slaughtneil weren't dirty. A few bad challenges on both sides not helped by a poor referee.
Glad you agree with me Two Hands, in my view he was woeful.

getevennotcross

Quote from: Hand up on October 26, 2015, 12:11:52 PM
*delf!! Still a little fragile from last night😄
enjoy Hand Up, sure to end in tears down the road.

We have experienced barren years, days of winning always come to an end and thats the reality for all clubs.  Just wondering how long the Dall will ride their luck?

johnneycool

Quote from: getevennotcross on October 26, 2015, 01:26:30 PM

Who was the ref?

On Slaughneil, it's no surprise that they're up with the best club hurling teams in Ulster, they've won 2 or 3 Ulster club minor titles whose teams also play in the Antrim leagues and go to any underage blitz and more often than not they'll have a team at it. Serious effort being put in for a good few years.

getevennotcross

Quote from: johnneycool on October 26, 2015, 01:34:05 PM

Who was the ref?

On Slaughneil, it's no surprise that they're up with the best club hurling teams in Ulster, they've won 2 or 3 Ulster club minor titles whose teams also play in the Antrim leagues and go to any underage blitz and more often than not they'll have a team at it. Serious effort being put in for a good few years.
A Tyrone boi named Clarke, cant recall his christian name. Thought he gave Dall some easy frees. NMcM in particular.  Not that I have anything against Neill of course. A good lad considering.

NAG1

This is getting tedious in the extreme  ::)

Na Glinntí Glasa

Didnt rate the ref yday at all. Thought he was poor. Blew up frees for over carrying and then let obvious over carry away. Was very fussy throughout. the yellow card seem to disappear when it came to the Sneill players at times.

Thought he was poor for both teams. Also didnt think Sneill were dirty at all, it was tough and physical throughout and fairly contested.
hurl like f**k boi!

Link

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 26, 2015, 01:56:45 PM
Didnt rate the ref yday at all. Thought he was poor. Blew up frees for over carrying and then let obvious over carry away. Was very fussy throughout. the yellow card seem to disappear when it came to the Sneill players at times.

Thought he was poor for both teams. Also didnt think Sneill were dirty at all, it was tough and physical throughout and fairly contested.

also stood out for me! thought the ref was harsh on cushendall overall.

paddyjohn

Quote from: NAG1 on October 26, 2015, 01:56:04 PM
[/quote

It's people like that who are bringing the county even further into the s**t with that nonsense that's spouted. The quicker he/she goes back under the rock that they came from the better.

MoChara

Quote from: getevennotcross on October 26, 2015, 01:41:22 PM

Who was the ref?

A Tyrone boi named Clarke, cant recall his christian name. Thought he gave Dall some easy frees. NMcM in particular.  Not that I have anything against Neill of course. A good lad considering.

The ref from tyrone might have givben the dall an easy time but James Clarke from Cavan was the man in black yesterday.

imtommygunn

Agreed. Hard to believe this person could be an adult at this point.

getevennotcross

Quote from: MoChara on October 26, 2015, 02:22:57 PM
Quote from: getevennotcross on October 26, 2015, 01:41:22 PM
Apologies, though he was from Tyrone. Either way Tyrone or Cavan, still thought he gave the Dall any easy ride and was poor overall. But, its only an opinion of course.

Who was the ref?

The ref from tyrone might have givben the dall an easy time but James Clarke from Cavan was the man in black yesterday.

getevennotcross

Just pitching the postings at audience capacity and intellect NAG, just so you NA bois may comprehend.

I must get back to work, enough regaling you bois today.