Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 23, 2015, 10:56:38 AM
Looks to be a lot of Dunloy guys on that St Louis team skull? Them and a Loughgiel McNaughton  which you don't see too often.

I wondered has st louis won it before but seems they won it in the late 80s.

St Marys have a large pick though so might be a tough enough ask but would be nice to see a win going outside st marys, maghera or cross and passion for a change.
Loughgiel or McNaughton?  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: theskull1 on October 23, 2015, 11:38:56 AM
Ahh.. the oul Mikasa glove on a hurling pitch. Was never a good look  :)

Yeah i rem that look as well. Never understood it at all ;D

I see they all look to have standard issue red helmets with a face guard as well. Our school made us wear them horrible basket cases!
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Well seeing the two Gillans with the standard Loughgiel red helmets, not sure face guards were on the go back then though, that'd be mid to late 80's.

doodaa

Did Cushendall object to the final being in Owenbeg?
Seems mad taking Slaughtneil, Cushendall & Loughgiel to bloody Armagh!
There wont be any less Slaughtneil people at it, but there will definitely be less people at it as a whole!
Cant see many neutrals from Derry or North Antrim making the trip to the Athletic Grounds.

Bonamargy

Quote from: theskull1 on October 23, 2015, 10:40:47 AM
Mageean Cup final tonight up at the dub. St Louis vs St Marys at 7:30pm

Plenty of talent on show from both teams. Hope the tight pitch doesn't make it a ruckfest

Just in case you head up and waste your journey. The Mageean final was moved a couple of days ago. It is now in Ballymena at 4.30pm today.

Megaman

Quote from: Bonamargy on October 23, 2015, 01:07:37 PM

Plenty of talent on show from both teams. Hope the tight pitch doesn't make it a ruckfest

Just in case you head up and waste your journey. The Mageean final was moved a couple of days ago. It is now in Ballymena at 4.30pm today.

i thought just the forresters (i think thats it) is the one that was switched, QUB didnt want two matches on at the Dub AFAIK

whitelines

***McNamee was moved to Ballymena at 4:30. Mageean remains in the DUB

Two Hands FFS

2nd year final in Ballymena at 4.30

Mageean final still at the Dub.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on October 23, 2015, 12:43:41 PM
Well seeing the two Gillans with the standard Loughgiel red helmets, not sure face guards were on the go back then though, that'd be mid to late 80's.

Brian was a decent juvenile hurler.. Wristy hurler, played on the county juveniles when I played... Still about Loughgiel SIE?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

I think he's a shamrock in exile

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: johnneycool on October 23, 2015, 12:43:41 PM

i was playing under 12 in 88 and the club had a batch of yellow helmets with face guards on them, you wernt allowed on the pitch without one on to play.

Its the reason i wore a face guard my entire life.
hurl like f**k boi!

Bonamargy

Quote from: Megaman on October 23, 2015, 01:19:12 PM

i thought just the forresters (i think thats it) is the one that was switched, QUB didnt want two matches on at the Dub AFAIK

Apologies, didn't take time reading the amended fixture.

Kickham csc

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 23, 2015, 11:10:14 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 23, 2015, 10:56:38 AM
Looks to be a lot of Dunloy guys on that St Louis team skull? Them and a Loughgiel McNaughton  which you don't see too often.

I wondered has st louis won it before but seems they won it in the late 80s.

St Marys have a large pick though so might be a tough enough ask but would be nice to see a win going outside st marys, maghera or cross and passion for a change.

Is that Ciaran Kearney of Stormont fame in the middle back row

Theres Ryan Elliott, Conor Kinsela, Keelan Molly, Conal Cunning, Ciaran Elliott, Seaan Elliott from Dunloy on the team. Also Ryan McGarry who hurls for Dunloy but is a ballymena man

88 was the last time they won it

imtommygunn

I think it is Ciaran Kearney... I don't know who the guy is mind you but I read it on facebook!

theskull1

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 23, 2015, 04:06:46 PM
I think it is Ciaran Kearney... I don't know who the guy is mind you but I read it on facebook!

What guy?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera