Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

Happy enough with a ref that gave us 1 free in half an hours championship hurling? You are easy pleased.

Megaman

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 13, 2015, 07:04:02 AM
Happy enough with a ref that gave us 1 free in half an hours championship hurling? You are easy pleased.

Seems most sensible C'dall folk are easy pleased then, unlike yourself

Eamon didnt do much wrong, we got most of the frees we deserved.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 13, 2015, 07:04:02 AM

Would it be the case then in the second half that you were not fouled much?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hand up

That would be exactly the case MR2. So far in this Championship has been the most consistent refs performances in years. Well for the more sensible supporters!! Just wait to UC start to roll out the Refs from last year and you will have something to complain about!! Are their any inter county Refs from Down?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hand up on October 13, 2015, 09:15:46 AM
That would be exactly the case MR2. So far in this Championship has been the most consistent refs performances in years. Well for the more sensible supporters!! Just wait to UC start to roll out the Refs from last year and you will have something to complain about!! Are their any inter county Refs from Down?

Decy has quit a couple of years now so I'm not sure.... you'll probably get a Cavan or Donegal man
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Hand up on October 13, 2015, 09:15:46 AM

Not sure if Paul Branniff is intercounty or not. Might be someone from Donegal or Cavan as Milltown suggests who referee's Div4 hurling in the NHL.

Hand up

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: takeyourpoint on October 12, 2015, 01:28:50 PM
Camogie and Hurling run by 2 different associations. Who collects the all important gate money????

seen the Sneil ones tweeting about wanting both games at the same venue but they have overlooked what you have said there that its two separate associations.

Both will want their own gate but the camogie would be happy to split that double header while the UC wouldn't want to.

Would make sense to have them as a double header for the supporters but sure when does the ulster council do sense when it comes to fixing matches and hurling venues
hurl like f**k boi!

Kickham csc

Quote from: theskull1 on October 12, 2015, 12:25:35 PM
Quote from: WhipHerOnJohn on October 12, 2015, 12:02:35 PM

Would it not be wise for the powers that be, to have a double header of the camogie and hurling for Slaughtneil's supporters sake? Preferably not Owenbeg as it is not really a Neutral venue since Derry teams are competing.

A double header in the Armagh Athletic Grounds or Newry would be perfect.

JC ... do you want to deal with that point?  ;D

Taking it to Armagh would kill any chance of neutrals attending Id say

Are we as Antrim men seriously taking about Neutral venues??? I don't think that would go down well in other counties considering Casement Park's complete domination of Ulster finals for years.

johnneycool

Quote from: Kickham csc on October 13, 2015, 10:24:57 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 12, 2015, 12:25:35 PM
Quote from: WhipHerOnJohn on October 12, 2015, 12:02:35 PM

Would it not be wise for the powers that be, to have a double header of the camogie and hurling for Slaughtneil's supporters sake? Preferably not Owenbeg as it is not really a Neutral venue since Derry teams are competing.

A double header in the Armagh Athletic Grounds or Newry would be perfect.

JC ... do you want to deal with that point?  ;D

Taking it to Armagh would kill any chance of neutrals attending Id say

Are we as Antrim men seriously taking about Neutral venues??? I don't think that would go down well in other counties considering Casement Park's complete domination of Ulster finals for years.

The new Casement (if its ever built) will be a true neutral venue as it'll be owned and controlled by the Ulster council. Antrim intercounty teams will be lucky to get into it, let alone antrim club championship fixtures, so it'll be an even enough playing surface for all Ulster counties.

8)

NAG1

What's the story with Walsh then? Package not right or did he just swerve it?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on October 13, 2015, 11:27:56 AM
probably got offers closer to home. I hear someone else from dunloy is now in the running apart from Pj.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 13, 2015, 11:42:26 AM
probably got offers closer to home. I hear someone else from dunloy is now in the running apart from Pj.

Didnt realise PJ was still in the running?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on October 13, 2015, 12:05:27 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 13, 2015, 11:42:26 AM

Didnt realise PJ was still in the running?
Aye. I believe the interview is this weekend sometime.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

getevennotcross

Michael Walsh swerved it after intense consultation with KR who put him right and informed him there are too many skeletons in the cupboard.  Allegedly, MW was shocked, he said and I quote  "I don't know about skeletons, but there are a few lard a*se salad swervers about that Dall team! 

Don't blame me, I'm just the informed messenger.  -  Beware the wounded hurling manager, loyalty diminishes when publicly ridiculed.