Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

It wasn't the odd free here and there... we didn't get any frees!!!!

Two Hands FFS

I didn't have a problem with Hasson yesterday.

theskull1

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on October 12, 2015, 11:02:34 AM
Never really noticed anything wrong with Hasson. The odd free here or there for both teams which is I'm sure the usual for most referees.

Final on 25th Oct. No venue set yet.

Would it be beyond the powers that be to take it to Newry?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Quote from: theskull1 on October 12, 2015, 11:18:36 AM
Never really noticed anything wrong with Hasson. The odd free here or there for both teams which is I'm sure the usual for most referees.

Owenbeg?

Megaman

id say it will be there or maybe Armagh  (could be totally wrong though)

didnt have a problem with Hasson either, he could have played the advantage rule a bit better at times but overall done ok.

The ref in the Creggan game while being pretty rubbish, played the advantage rule a lot better

Jesusjones

Owenbeg is great venue. I'd be happy going back there again.

johnneycool

Read somewhere that the Ballycran vrs Slaughneil game was fixed for Newry (home fixture for Down team  :o  ), but due to the Down football final being played there was moved to another Down venue, Dungannon,!!

btdtgtt

JC - What is the latest on J.McG?

WhipHerOnJohn

Quote from: Megaman on October 12, 2015, 11:22:58 AM

didnt have a problem with Hasson either, he could have played the advantage rule a bit better at times but overall done ok.

The ref in the Creggan game while being pretty rubbish, played the advantage rule a lot better

Ulster camogie final (Loughgiel v Slaughtneil) was fixed to be in the Armagh Athletic Grounds for Sunday 25th November.

Would it not be wise for the powers that be, to have a double header of the camogie and hurling for Slaughtneil's supporters sake? Preferably not Owenbeg as it is not really a Neutral venue since Derry teams are competing.

A double header in the Armagh Athletic Grounds or Newry would be perfect.

theskull1

Quote from: WhipHerOnJohn on October 12, 2015, 12:02:35 PM

Would it not be wise for the powers that be, to have a double header of the camogie and hurling for Slaughtneil's supporters sake? Preferably not Owenbeg as it is not really a Neutral venue since Derry teams are competing.

JC ... do you want to deal with that point?  ;D

Taking it to Armagh would kill any chance of neutrals attending Id say
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on October 12, 2015, 12:25:35 PM
Quote from: WhipHerOnJohn on October 12, 2015, 12:02:35 PM

JC ... do you want to deal with that point?  ;D

Taking it to Armagh would kill any chance of neutrals attending Id say

Where would I start Skull?

Don't think I'll bother, exhausted with exasperation of the Ulster Councils sense of fair play when it comes to picking venues!

Megaman

always agreed on that point JC

But most people are forgetting one very important thing when it comes to the Ulster council and Hurling  -  they just dont give a feck

but just cause it was wrong before doesn't mean it should continue to be wrong when we now have the chance to change.

takeyourpoint

Camogie and Hurling run by 2 different associations. Who collects the all important gate money????

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on October 12, 2015, 11:22:58 AM

Did you honestly think he was poor? I thought he refereed it well and got all the main calls right.... advantage rule was very good on the occasions it was needed... The game was low in intensity so makes it soo much easier on the referees

Creggan need to up their intensity from the start... they came out thinking they were going to win but Burt gave them a good first half but had nowt on the bench to make a telling difference and Creggan moved up the gears in the final 10 minutes ... If they came out full on in the first half they could do damage.. always said they are a decent team and they are proving to be that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hand up

Talking to some of our lads today, they where happy enough with Eamon, I and the supporters around me never mentioned him much, so that says it all. Talking about the ref in my view only masks the poor performance of our lads, in particular the forwards who where, considering the supply of ball very poor. The goal could have stood alright, but he didn't give it!! The lack of conviction in going for ball is worrying and won't cut it against Slaughniel. We should've easily scored 3 more goals there was so much space it was a forwards dream, or should have been.
Shane was sharp and Young David tight in defending a tricky lad. Midletown had some fantastic hurlers who would make any of the Ulster teams, I was quite impressed with them.
Slaughneil will be(no disrespect to previous opposition) our hardest test to date but if giving 60 mins of hard work and a wee slice of luck we might take a victory out of Newry/Armagh.