Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruairi Og exile

Tonights match at Corrigan should be a tight one,Cushendall were lucky that we got both of the teams at home, could have been alot tighter if we had both teams away....especially the johnnies, however both teams were very bad.  McFall( who was unlucky to be sent off) will be a big miss as he was looking sharp on Sunday with the limited ball he got. This match could go anyway...expect a red card or two.

Cushendall are away to Rossa tonight, we're relieved we have already qualified as we have a few missing.

clootfromthe21

Anybody know how the under 14s/15s/16s county hurlers got on in their various games last weekend?

milltown row

you should beat Roosa though shouldn't you?

would be unfair on the other teams that played you at full strength.

last year Loughgiel were already through but still came to our pitch and beat us well.

Balboa

Quote from: milltown row on August 31, 2007, 12:15:13 PM
give us a chance max!!!!!

we go down tonight hoping we can turn them over, not going to happen usless we click, some of our better players have went missing in the last few games and if they turn it on tonight it should be close.

looking to keep it tight and see what happens.

so has everybody got their tickets for the Final this Sunday? hopefully Limerick wont fall apart at the start and make this final a nail biter, for me the last few finals although good have never been like previous rounds, i think Limerick will play a blood and thunder game and Kilkenny i'm sure will step up to that and should make it tight for 60 mins
after that the Cats should pull away and win by 6

Milltown.....Tickets/accomodation have been secured. Not sure we will be welcome back to Jurys after this weekend, Eastwoods are giving even money on Kilkenny -6 pts. I think they will win by more than that. Looking forward to minor match, they reckon this Tipp team are hot s*it.

Ruairi Og exile

I'd imagine we'd still hope to beat Rossa, though I'm not really sure wot they are like. We'll play as strong a team as possible, Aaron Graffin away on holidays, Ohdran Scullion injured(he came off early on Sunday) & one of the players that would normally come in, Michael Delargy is suspended after the mcfall incident.

Guillem2

Rossa are well off the pace this year and heads are down. Ruairi Ogs will win handy enough.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

milltown row

Quinns for one or two then in through the policed area hit one or two more bars, watch first half of minor game on tv then in for half time of teh minor game.

what price Tipp? always do a double won it last year for the first in a long time. lost docket lost out on 50 quid

aontroim abu

maxpower

Sorry milltown, thats why i went back in and edited it.

you need to beat the shamrocks and hope we beat them, if you beat them tonight it will certainly add a bit of spice to our match.  might nip over and watch it,  what time will it really start, bearing in mind its a very overcast day here i think if it doesn't start before 7 it will be very dark when it finishes
What happens next????

milltown row

games for 6.30 start we have no mission of getting out at that time we will not be running out onto the pitch not ready or properly warmed up.

rain has started here already so it will start at 6.45 maybe but we wont be rushed. the motorway has a two lanes closed up to glengormley

we will give it a lash are young lads have been playing against this team for years and have no fears, they are a quality team and any time we got close they were always able to find another gear

Balboa

Quote from: milltown row on August 31, 2007, 02:19:21 PM
Quinns for one or two then in through the policed area hit one or two more bars, watch first half of minor game on tv then in for half time of teh minor game.

what price Tipp? always do a double won it last year for the first in a long time. lost docket lost out on 50 quid

Tipp are 4/6 Cork 6/4 with Paddy Power, was thinking of doing a double too. Tipp didnt beat them that easily in Munster Championship though, Minor matches are notoriously hard to call though. Did you not got to the bookies where you did the bet and write it out again and they could compare the handwriting.

milltown row

i was hammered, my handwriting would have been hard to repeat, it was the bookies beside Quinns, i'll ask this sunday sure :D

so i had the docket when i went back to the club but i lost it when i ended up in Thompsons Garage later on that night.

on a school night too bad impression the next day on the youngsters

Balboa

Ballycastle beat Johnnies by 4 i think in the end, once more St Johns flatter to deceive.

slow corner back

Quote from: Balboa on August 31, 2007, 08:47:32 PM
Ballycastle beat Johnnies by 4 i think in the end, once more St Johns flatter to deceive.

Good result for Ballycastle especially in the City. They have some good young players but not enough to win the whole thing. Is the draw for the semi-finals completly open ie can Ballycastle face c'Dall again?

podge

I see Rossa beat the Dall.  Does that mean that Rossa still have a chance and the match B'castle is now a quarter final!?

bit of a surprise. bit of a repeat of last year when they lost to L Dearg.

Where/When do these two play?