Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getevennotcross

Quote from: auld stock on September 24, 2015, 08:27:10 PM
boom boom statler (geteven). now ur  pleasing me.this is what we all paid our admission for. keep er lit & bring the crowds back.. wheres waldorf, surely he has a great comeback to have us rolling in the aisles. christ morcambe & wise have nothing on u boys. bravo  :D :) :D :)
Full title please, dont be gettin too familar AS.  That wouldnae do now.

doodaa

How come they didn't stick the Minor Championship on before the Senior game on Sunday?
Is it purely cos Dunloy would be playing at home in the minors?

I am surprised there isn't some form of double header for the Sunday?

theskull1

Quote from: doodaa on September 25, 2015, 09:56:54 AM
How come they didn't stick the Minor Championship on before the Senior game on Sunday?
Is it purely cos Dunloy would be playing at home in the minors?

I am surprised there isn't some form of double header for the Sunday?

Minor Championship A & B finals (together) have been penciled in for weeks.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Anyone see what the weather is to do for the weekend?

Could have a big impact on the result.

paddyjohn

Quote from: NAG1 on September 25, 2015, 11:46:02 AM
Anyone see what the weather is to do for the weekend?

Barry Best on the BBC says its to be dry.

I'm going for Dunloy, Ossians & Cushendall. I think if McManus can be as influential last week then he will be the winning of the game for C'Dall. There is a few intriguing match ups around the pitch.

theskull1

:)

I'd say the pitch will be soft ...now tell us NAG what team will have the advantage in your opinion?

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on September 25, 2015, 12:22:36 PM

:)

I'd say the pitch will be soft ...now tell us NAG what team will have the advantage in your opinion?

Not slight on the pitch Skull you can chill on that front  ;)

I think the town forwards would appreciate a dry quick ball more so than the Cushdenall forwards being that bit lighter on their feet IMO.

A heavier wet day suits both sets of defences and it could end up being a low scoring affair.

theskull1

Think it's a bit of a tired old cliche myself NAG

Sure it'll be the same for both teams  :D

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on September 25, 2015, 12:46:00 PM
Think it's a bit of a tired old cliche myself NAG

Sure it'll be the same for both teams  :D

Yeah you could be right there Skull, but sure we will find out soon enough. Hopefully stays dry for the players and spectators and we have a cracking final to be talking about.

theskull1

Championship games have attracted more interest this year than many previous and its been great to see. Location of the games this year have played a big role in that being the case.

doodaa

You's Antrim Gaels are badly lacking a pitch with a stand at the moment.
Ballycastle and Dunloy both open to the elements as is Ahoghill with the football.

Any chance the Antrim County Board would redirect some money to developing a club ground with a stand etc. Bit like Monaghan did with Clones, Down with Pairc Esler, Cavan with Breffni, Fermanagh with Enniskillen?

NAG1

Quote from: doodaa on September 25, 2015, 02:35:07 PM
You's Antrim Gaels are badly lacking a pitch with a stand at the moment.
Ballycastle and Dunloy both open to the elements as is Ahoghill with the football.

Any chance the Antrim County Board would redirect some money to developing a club ground with a stand etc. Bit like Monaghan did with Clones, Down with Pairc Esler, Cavan with Breffni, Fermanagh with Enniskillen?

No

Na Glinntí Glasa

some hope of that happening. It will be up to the clubs to build covers from the weather for themselves.

Its a long way down the agenda on our list of things to do at the moment.
hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

The ironies of ironies. So Graffin wants to play with the best players in the county and he dosnae care if you wear a Dunloy, St. Johns, Loughgiel or Ballycastle gansey!  Was it only last year he did not want to play with the likes of Watson, E. McCloskey and possible others from a neighbouring N. Antrim team??

Whilst I commend his current aspirations to play side by side with the very best that Antrim may produce.   A massive shift I'd say. Make a good candidate as a SF'er! , simliar traits.

auld stock

hey statler i think graffin has always been open to playing with anyone good enough to play for the county so that really only excludes the chuckle brothers & of course "the most natural hurler in Ulster"  ;) ;) all of course plying their trade with the spice boys!!!