The match up for this weekends final will be superb

McCambridge vs Clarke
Graffin vs Saul
McManus vs McAuley
Carson/McAfee vs Matty Donnelly
Christy McN vs Dermot Donnelly
Shane McNaughton vs Fergus Donnelly
Eoghan Campbell vs Shane Jennings

Didn't realise how well these teams match up. Cannot wait!

Will Christy start? He really struggled to find the pace of the game on Sunday, what about RD, is he a possible or McClaff I suppose also.

Is McClaff still there? I heard rumours he was for New Zealand to work. Christy has the ability to get goals but did struggle yesterday. Is RD the answer or is Karl McKeegan for the experience? Will Sean McAfee start, he seemed in pain coming off yesterday.
I'd opt for youth over experience for my openners at least.

NAG1

I think it could actually come down to the two keepers and who uses their puck outs better.

McGarry is very good on these and regularly can pick out MF HF's on the move in pockets of space, Cushendall will have to work hard to force him to go longer.

Cushendall went long with very little success in the first half on Sunday and was only in the second when they went a bit more targeted did they come up with any joy really.

Whoever gets this part of the game working best will have a serious advantage over all.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i see PJ has said in the county antrim post he isnt going for the antrim job. That the county board are sniffing about for someone else for the job.

Wonder who they are after?
hurl like f**k boi!

Last Man

Quote from: NAG1 on September 22, 2015, 11:02:37 AM
I think it could actually come down to the two keepers and who uses their puck outs better.

McGarry is very good on these and regularly can pick out MF HF's on the move in pockets of space, Cushendall will have to work hard to force him to go longer.

Cushendall went long with very little success in the first half on Sunday and was only in the second when they went a bit more targeted did they come up with any joy really.

Whoever gets this part of the game working best will have a serious advantage over all.

My impression in the dunloy game was that ballycastle always had a man under the puckout and if they didnt win it clean they made dam sure the dunloy man wasnt getting it,there was always 2/3 players attacking the break.dunloy made it easy by standing off most of the time. Just working the basics imo anyway, cant see cushendall being as obliging

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 22, 2015, 11:56:09 AM
i see PJ has said in the county antrim post he isnt going for the antrim job. That the county board are sniffing about for someone else for the job.

It has worked well in the past so why not try another southerner... Is Dalo going cheap?!

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 22, 2015, 01:28:36 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 22, 2015, 11:56:09 AM

It has worked well in the past so why not try another southerner... Is Dalo going cheap?!

Dalo is on JP McManus' payroll, he'll not be going anywhere soon.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Last Man on September 22, 2015, 01:17:10 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 22, 2015, 11:02:37 AM

My impression in the dunloy game was that ballycastle always had a man under the puckout and if they didnt win it clean they made dam sure the dunloy man wasnt getting it,there was always 2/3 players attacking the break.dunloy made it easy by standing off most of the time. Just working the basics imo anyway, cant see cushendall being as obliging

We looked clueless in the second half with our puck outs so i would read much into that. If im honest we didn't win enough, if any, breaking ball in the second half from the puck outs both ways. Winning the dirty ball is vital in a tight match and we didn't do it. You need to be reading it well and have a bit of luck for it to fall your way and Ballycastle got that against us.
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

Different stories in the papers this morning. In the county Antrim post he isn't interested, in the Irish news he is.

NAG1

He wants to be chased  ;)

Seamroga in exile

I hear it's down to two names. One from Kilkenny.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

anyone worth being excited about?
hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

Quote from: shoebox on September 22, 2015, 05:20:41 PM
Although I would like to see the county team do well, which requires the correct senior hurling management team being in place. I'd like to see our board give as much and more energy (as well as our our clubs) grab the bull by the horns for a few years and get stuck into development at juvenile and pre-senior level.

So in a way, it doesn't really matter if we get the best coach Kilkenny has to offer or not. If we dont have a huge collective of young players who have mastered the skills it will leave us in a very similar position. We are looking at it from a position akin to English soccer teams - we arent a good team so change the manager.

Not enough people care about developing their clubs.
Wow, enthralling and so inovative,  zzzzzzzz, nothing we have not heard before.  Youz boyz are better at grabbing sheep than bulls I'd say, eh ;)  Change the record for goodness sake, u new fellas should read past posts.  Slaughtniel I am sure will be lickin their chops to get another shot at the Dall maybe, racked up a mighty score against Swatragh last Sunday.  But sure the Dall have to beat The Town??  And thats not written yet!

btdtgtt

Although I would like to see the county team do well, which requires the correct senior hurling management team being in place. I'd like to see our board give as much and more energy (as well as our our clubs) grab the bull by the horns for a few years and get stuck into development at juvenile and pre-senior level.

So in a way, it doesn't really matter if we get the best coach Kilkenny has to offer or not. If we dont have a huge collective of young players who have mastered the skills it will leave us in a very similar position. We are looking at it from a position akin to English soccer teams - we arent a good team so change the manager.

Agree with every word - well said.

getevennotcross

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 22, 2015, 09:32:15 PM

Agree with every word - well said.
ah now btdtgtt, dont be encouraging him.  Much easier to have a better team when all players from all clubs are welcomed into the fold.  Dall made it a very unwelcoming environment for lads who wished to committ to the county.  Regretably, a weak manager and some misplaced influence on behalf of some individual players has severely contributed to our current lowly hurling status. We are at our lowest ebb in years as a result.  It was not the clubs who propogated this scenario, lets those who are culpable stand up now and admit to their significant contribution to this debacle??  Absolute disgrace if you ask me.  Let the Dall develop the stream of young players who have mastered the skills of hurling, problem solved eh? 

Hand up

Yep it's all the Dalls fault!! Where your proof of all these allegations!!