Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

You'd be better worrying about the great one staying on the field for the duration of the game than any unfair attention he might get. He was doing his best to get the line last weekend.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 19, 2015, 07:54:01 AM
You'd be better worrying about the great one staying on the field for the duration of the game than any unfair attention he might get. He was doing his best to get the line last weekend.
Isn't perspective amazing? I'm not going down this path with you JJ, let's just say your captain ain't no angel either.  ;)

I hope tomorrow's game passes off with no major incidents, on or off the field. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

We'll just have to agree to disagree SIE. Although we'd both be bias in this situation, interesting to hear what the neutrals think. May the best team win.

theskull1

I can see plenty of changes on the Loughgiel starting 15 tomorrow.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

getevennotcross

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 19, 2015, 07:54:01 AM
JJ - a nuetrals perspective for ya:   Catch a grip would ya, he got plenty of unfair attention last Sunday, everyone knows that.  IMO the ref, didn't do him any favours nor his umpires or linesmen. I dont often criticise officials as they have a difficult enough job, but certainly thought Winker a few other Louhhgiel boys were getting rough treatment.  Ref. needs to have eyes in the back of his head at times but at least be consistent/fair and dont cave in to overzealous and loud mouth rabble from Dall fans. Me being nuetral, its of no consequence to me of course, may the best team win. Sorry I cant be there tomorrow as I'm in Croke. 

Loughgiel by 2+, just think they will redeem their premiere status after last week and will restore order to things.

Still cant help but predict there will be some gurnin from Dall rabble beyond 14.30 tomorrow.  The result will tell no doubt!

btdtgtt

How long would it take to walk from the bridge bar to dunloy hurling pitch?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 19, 2015, 09:46:48 PM

10 mins - depending on Alco consumption though !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

theskull1

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 19, 2015, 09:46:48 PM

half an hour

It's 2 miles away
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hirty Darry

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 18, 2015, 11:36:47 AM
Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 18, 2015, 11:10:39 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 17, 2015, 04:25:44 PM
Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 17, 2015, 04:20:23 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 15, 2015, 10:35:14 PM
I'd think he'd be interested if things can be sorted out within the whole county set up, but not until loughgiel are out of the championship his suspension has lapsed of course. One thing for sure, he'll give it his all if he does end up County manager.

He'll will probably be on the line again on Sunday but he can't keep putting off the inevitable - he will be at a loose end after Sunday anyway.
he wasn't suspended.  ::)

Is this true though SIE? You may not be as informed as you think you are!
it would appear I'm better informed than you. Pj wasn't suspended.

A high ranking official I was speaking to would beg to differ.

One of my predictions may already have come true, if a certain suspended person takes the field today he could be in for a hefty additional suspension.  We'll see who really knows what they are talking about.  SIE why don't you tell all the people you defend on here to come on and do it themselves? That's really your only purpose on here. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 20, 2015, 08:38:16 AM
I'd think he'd be interested if things can be sorted out within the whole county set up, but not until loughgiel are out of the championship his suspension has lapsed of course. One thing for sure, he'll give it his all if he does end up County manager.

He'll will probably be on the line again on Sunday but he can't keep putting off the inevitable - he will be at a loose end after Sunday anyway.

One of my predictions may already have come true, if a certain suspended person takes the field today he could be in for a hefty additional suspension.  We'll see who really knows what they are talking about.  SIE why don't you tell all the people you defend on here to come on and do it themselves? That's really your only purpose on here.

Whether he's suspended or not do you really think that it will make a difference?? Once those players get over the white line they should execute the game plan that they have been told to do...

The rugby coaches sit upstairs and communicate with others who run on to the pitch, if you can watch from a higher position you'll see a lot more...

What PJ did should be punished and he should have taken his punishment at the start.... I've not encountered too much of that crap... Wouldn't stand for it, I've sent off a few managers over the years, they (and when I managed) get carried away, every club has had a manager that's abused a referee
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hirty Darry

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2015, 09:24:18 AM
Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 20, 2015, 08:38:16 AM

Whether he's suspended or not do you really think that it will make a difference?? Once those players get over the white line they should execute the game plan that they have been told to do...

The rugby coaches sit upstairs and communicate with others who run on to the pitch, if you can watch from a higher position you'll see a lot more...

What PJ did should be punished and he should have taken his punishment at the start.... I've not encountered too much of that crap... Wouldn't stand for it, I've sent off a few managers over the years, they (and when I managed) get carried away, every club has had a manager that's abused a referee

Of course it won't really make a difference but it obviously seems to be an issue from some quarters, the lengths they are going to, to cover it up.

Hirty Darry

Quote from: shoebox on September 20, 2015, 09:38:54 AM
I think Loughgiel will make a few changes in personnel but I can't see anything other than like for like. I would expect them to make a change or two in the inside forward line. They haven't been winning enough ball. I'd expect LW to stay between the FF and HF line although I think they should bring him out and get Graffin out of his comfort area (if he does indeed follow him out). They will need to take their scores from distance though with the Dall using their sweeper. Thats where Eddie McCloskey will be important. He missed a few bad ones last week from the HF line but looked to me that he might have been carrying an injury.

Looking forward to it. Note to all you free riders, make sure you give a couple of quid to the charities.

Including the official manager on the sideline :-)

Dall by 6!

hurlingstick

Here's a crazy idea .....Loughiel could resort to the format that made them unbeatable all year. Tony McCloskey back into full back and start with the same 6 forwards that played all year. Changing a winning formula has cost teams in the past.

btdtgtt

Quote from: shoebox on September 20, 2015, 09:38:54 AM
I think Loughgiel will make a few changes in personnel but I can't see anything other than like for like. I would expect them to make a change or two in the inside forward line. They haven't been winning enough ball. I'd expect LW to stay between the FF and HF line although I think they should bring him out and get Graffin out of his comfort area (if he does indeed follow him out). They will need to take their scores from distance though with the Dall using their sweeper. Thats where Eddie McCloskey will be important. He missed a few bad ones last week from the HF line but looked to me that he might have been carrying an injury.

Looking forward to it. Note to all you free riders, make sure you give a couple of quid to the charities.

Too much time reading right wing press shoe box?
I think you under-estimate people and Gaels!

Seamroga in exile

Well hirtydarry, you eventually got your way  It never ceases to amaze me the lengths some people will go to try to get an advantage.  Everything I posted was correct by the way. He wasn't suspended for the last game. Your predictions are the stuff of legend.  ;)

I hear Rory McCarroll does a great price for scaffolding. Best view in the field.  ;D

As I've been posting all year, Cushendall are the team to beat. They have to be massive favourites for this match after last week's performance.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"