Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 15, 2015, 05:55:45 PM
Sure did one of our fellow posters not say that he'll never get the manager's job? I was also led to believe that he wouldn't be on the sideline last Sunday either,  according to some on here.  Seems some people know better than others.  ;)

im saying nothing  :-X ;)
hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

Leave the past behind you all for goodness sake, keep looking back and you will trip over the past!

Has the past week not demonstrated how good we can be with co-operation, empathy, compassion and togetherness on all counts?
When good people put aside bitterness and rivalry, good things do happen, that has been proven this week.

Sure look at RD, he has turned into a pacifist also, not going to meet/batter me now. Well, I have not had the invitation to meet as yet, so assuming there has been a mellowing?

imtommygunn

What date is the senior final on?

Any dates for it yet?

NAG1

As per the original plan it was to be on Sunday week 27th Sept.

Dont know if the weekends events will alter that in anyway now though.

imtommygunn

Two Hands FFS

Is it extra time or a replay?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 16, 2015, 01:30:39 PM

I'm inclined to say extra time.. I know all minor games and junior/intermediate are extra time if a draw.. senior? not completely sure on that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 16, 2015, 01:57:10 PM

I'm inclined to say extra time.. I know all minor games and junior/intermediate are extra time if a draw.. senior? not completely sure on that

well considering that the first game was declared and void and this one being seen as a brand new game, I would be inclined to go with replay but it would be worth checking beforehand as extra time might be in now with the tighter schedules.

theskull1

The minor football final didn't go to extra time there on Saturday?

Ti Cuchullain will be showing the AI football matches straight after its all by, so no need to rush away. Bring a designated driver.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on September 16, 2015, 02:18:35 PM

The minor football final didn't go to extra time there on Saturday?

Ti Cuchullain will be showing the AI football matches straight after its all by, so no need to rush away. Bring a designated driver.

Finals go to replay not the quarters or semi's
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

cushendall

Gortnamona and Cregan semi final went to extra time. I think semi finals go to extra time, with the championship final  scheduled for the following week I would think extra time

culchie11

Lads, its not just a matter of saying we have to play extra time due to a tight schedule, as these things are set out at the start of the year!!

6 Extra time will be played in the following championships, up to and including
semi-final stages: Minor, U21 Junior, Intermediate Football & Hurling and all
reserve competitions.
Extra time will be played in all Championship / Reserve Final replays.

http://antrim.gaa.ie/assets/documents/2015-Championship-regulations.pdf

Quote from: getevennotcross on September 16, 2015, 10:41:20 AM
Leave the past behind you all for goodness sake, keep looking back and you will trip over the past!

Has the past week not demonstrated how good we can be with co-operation, empathy, compassion and togetherness on all counts?
When good people put aside bitterness and rivalry, good things do happen, that has been proven this week.

not often i agree with u geteven, but it has been great advert for our wee county this last week, pity that doesnt make as big a story as bad news stories. as much as the 2 teams and the host club from last week dont see eye to eye when playing, to put it mildly, what has been said & done by them all in the last week, shows there is a mutual respect off the pitch. come sunday their rivalry will be as fierce as ever again, but they do respect eachother.

NAG1

Quote from: culchie11 on September 17, 2015, 09:42:39 AM
Lads, its not just a matter of saying we have to play extra time due to a tight schedule, as these things are set out at the start of the year!!

reserve competitions.

not often i agree with u geteven, but it has been great advert for our wee county this last week, pity that doesnt make as big a story as bad news stories. as much as the 2 teams and the host club from last week dont see eye to eye when playing, to put it mildly, what has been said & done by them all in the last week, shows there is a mutual respect off the pitch. come sunday their rivalry will be as fierce as ever again, but they do respect eachother.

In terms of the hurling there is simply no panic to get this played (in the event of a draw and replay being requoired), the Munster and Leinster clubs championships frequently run in too December, so why do we need to have the whole shop closed up Ulster included by mid October?

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on September 17, 2015, 09:46:53 AM
Quote from: culchie11 on September 17, 2015, 09:42:39 AM

reserve competitions.

In terms of the hurling there is simply no panic to get this played (in the event of a draw and replay being requoired), the Munster and Leinster clubs championships frequently run in too December, so why do we need to have the whole shop closed up Ulster included by mid October?

I could never understand that myself, although you do run into the shittier weather the further into winter you go, normally.