Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

I'm amazed we are doing more talking about traffic than hurling.

Na Glinntí Glasa

haha its what annoyed people most from last weekend. If its not our pitch its the traffic! :P lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

Pitch was grand and as for the traffic gurners,thousands of cars were converging in a small rural village, what did you think was going to happen? Get to Dunloy early and into Pappy's for the best soda bread in the world!!

NAG1

Will be genuinely interesting to see how Sunday goes, think LG have a lot of questions over them after their first half performance. But the there is no guarantee that it will work out the same way as it was going in the first game.

Can Cushendall get back to the same level? Will LG change shape to counteract etc

north_antrim_hound

Is a week long enough for LG to sort out all that was wrong
The only difference now is LG know what's coming down the tracks
CDall got all there match ups right and the sweeper was working a treat
LG always relied on creating space for there forwards but that did happen
The looked a bit dead on there feet compared to Dall
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 15, 2015, 04:34:06 PM
Is a week long enough for LG to sort out all that was wrong
The only difference now is LG know what's coming down the tracks
CDall got all there match ups right and the sweeper was working a treat
LG always relied on creating space for there forwards but that did happen
The looked a bit dead on there feet compared to Dall

Was chatting to a few lgiel fans last week coming up to the game and they were scared of burn out and that they had peaked too early. TBH i didnt think that but from talking to my dad who watched the first half he echoed what you posted that they were out on their feet.

Against ST Galls i wasn't impressed with them if im honest, the midfield got taken out of the game and the same appears to have happened sunday past.

The only thing is that they now know what Cdall came at them with and can work on it. The only thing is whether they have it in them to win because Cdall will approach the game knowing they have it in them to beat Lgiel.
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

There's no doubt we started bad on Sunday.  As we did the week before against St Galls.  By my clock there was 28 mins left to play.  5 points is 5 points granted.  But we weren't dead and buried like some have suggested.     I'd expect more from us this weekend.  Thank god Hugh and paddy are ok, puts things into perspective. Another note, the appointment of a new county manager has went stale.  Any more chat of this.  Or is it PJs when he decides he wants it or not?
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 15, 2015, 04:48:15 PM
There's no doubt we started bad on Sunday.  As we did the week before against St Galls.  By my clock there was 28 mins left to play.  5 points is 5 points granted.  But we weren't dead and buried like some have suggested.     I'd expect more from us this weekend.  Thank god Hugh and paddy are ok, puts things into perspective. Another note, the appointment of a new county manager has went stale.  Any more chat of this.  Or is it PJs when he decides he wants it or not?

The was still a a half game to play for sure so we will never know
It wasn't the 5 points I was thinking of it was the one point from play in 30 minutes of hurling
Dall defence looked more stable and up front Eddie was forced forced to shoot out on the wings with a man on usually
Graffan had watson in his pocket like he does with most forwards
I personally couldn't see a way back if the game continued
Everything is on reset now and I would expect I tighter game with LG with a bit more energy
But my money is on cusendall
No one more surprised than me to say that
LG where my favourites up to last week

north_antrim_hound

SG do you know if PJ put his name forward for the county job
I have heard nothing on the subject for weeks

Sleeping giant

sure we will never no. If loughgiel do win Sunday it will be a case of what if for Cdall.  If they don't.  It's maybe us gone for a year or two, depending on what this young town team does.     On the PJ front. It's a case of waiting and seeing I suppose.  It's just the chat had dried up and am yet to here of solid interest

Ballybredagh

Re PJ and the Antrim job. Interested to hear if people think that he could be the answer. Great record with the Shamrocks, but the bitterness between the North Antrim clubs is contriving to hold us back forever, not to mention the City clubs rivalry and the North Antrim v City bias.

The response to the near tragedies at the weekend was absolutely outstanding. Wouldn't it be great if it was like this all of the time.

Sleeping giant

It would indeed, a real sense of togetherness.   Could do with it to appear at senior county level.  We can but dream. 

Seamroga in exile

Sure did one of our fellow posters not say that he'll never get the manager's job? I was also led to believe that he wouldn't be on the sideline last Sunday either,  according to some on here.  Seems some people know better than others.  ;)

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: shoebox on September 15, 2015, 09:06:34 PM
I was saying the same thing regarding the softening of attitudes. Last thing we need here is another bitching session. I had hoped that the weekends events might have had an effect that brought people together again.

Some people just can't help themselves
Best to turn a blind eye

Seamroga in exile

I'd think he'd be interested if things can be sorted out within the whole county set up, but not until loughgiel are out of the championship of course. One thing for sure, he'll give it his all if he does end up County manager.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"