Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

There'll be more city folk this weekend with the free admission  ;)

Jesusjones

Shoebox after the way Graffin played last week if Watson lines out full back we'll be sending Graffin to full forward. Our management got the game plan right. Against a forward line as slick as Loughgiel you need to have a sweeper, crowd the half back line and midfield and strangle the supply to their inside forwards. However the game plan is only going to work if the players execute it properly, on Sunday our players did. Will Loughgiel make positional changes? Are we likely to see Martin Scullion and Benny McCarry start? Can we bring the same level of intensity this weekend? Again it's too hard to call.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 15, 2015, 12:09:09 PM
There'll be more city folk this weekend with the free admission  ;)

Now now, who keeps you North Antrim culchies going spending money on all those caravans and yella man ;D  ;D  ;D

We can't all use the red stuff either shoebox  ;D  ;D  ;D

Na Glinntí Glasa

i seen 5 mins of hurling on sunday with the traffic chaos and sorting cars out. hopefully i get to see the most of the match this time!
hurl like f**k boi!

MoChara

I'd say there will be some rush to get away after the match with the AI football final on the same day

NAG1

Quote from: MoChara on September 15, 2015, 12:47:28 PM
I'd say there will be some rush to get away after the match with the AI football final on the same day

I would imagine that there will be a bit more planning into routes into and away from Dunloy this time around so that delays and hold ups will be avoided as much as possible.

But the best cure probably is to leave plenty of time and get there early.

getevennotcross

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 15, 2015, 12:41:18 PM
i seen 5 mins of hurling on sunday with the traffic chaos and sorting cars out. hopefully i get to see the most of the match this time!
Fair play to ya DR man. You, your club and fellow clubs members done a magnificent job on Sunday amid the unfortunate events.  The very essence of what our association is about, for many of us its integrity, respect, and consideration, and compassion towards fellow gaels, for some others, least said!

Dig deep on Sunday people for the ill, sick, in-firmed and less fortunate.  Cost me a fortune last Sunday, Me, me brother, the two boobies, me da, uncle and three kids.

Babhta de bualadh bos (isn't Google great?) to Dunloy!

Good luck to both teams on Sunday, may the best team win.  Can't make the game this Sunday due to a date in Croke Park with an 8 x 12 box, colleagues and family, but will be listening in on match reports.

doodaa

Didnt make it to the game on Sunday as our footballers played at the same time but il be make the short trip over the county border to see this one.
Nice gesture with the donations although I would have just made people pay in again and donate it direct to the charity.

theskull1

exactly ... wait to you see the tight hoors who'll come through the gates on Sunday
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on September 15, 2015, 01:46:29 PM
exactly ... wait to you see the tight hoors who'll come through the gates on Sunday

To be fair if they had charged as normal at the gate they would have faced accusations of taking a cut of the gate and all sorts, sometimes damned if you do....

Tony Baloney

Quote from: theskull1 on September 15, 2015, 01:46:29 PM
"Free" you say...  ;D

Bound to be a record crowd now, especially if the weather is decent. Somebody in Dunloy should be getting programmes printed!

north_antrim_hound

There only so much dunloy can do with the traffic
We can't phone every attender at there house and ask then which way are they coming in
There should be a notice on our  county website that all glens traffic access the village from Logan's or glarryford
That would help
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

was thinking that myself. i suggested that sending ones from cdall one way and lgiel another at the end to try and ease the build up a the bottom of the station road. We should have something done and sorted for it all to make sure it runs even better. so long as we dont get any idiots parking in front of the chapel gates this time and blocking everyone in!

We will be pro's at it at this rate! lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Megaman

as some say, should have charged a fiver and all that goes to charity.  But still good gesture all the same.

Most cars i saw coming from Cushendall came up behind logans, the biggest problem i encountered (not Dunloys fault) was getting out onto the Main Line at Logans, took me probably 15-20 mins.

The thing i would be worried about would be viewing, Dunloys wouldn't be a great pitch for viewing especially with a big crowd.

theskull1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 15, 2015, 01:50:09 PM
Bound to be a record crowd now, especially if the weather is decent. Somebody in Dunloy should be getting programmes printed!

::)

Maybe someone who's a paid employee of the GAA who's got all feckin week to do these things should be promoting the game as best he or she can. I'd be happy to see a sheet with the players full names. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera