Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keep her low this half

I suspect the Coen yellow had a bit to do with it. If a player cannot be sent off for that simply because it is in the first half what message does that send to referees. I would not like to be a forward in the first half tomorrow  :(

Jesusjones

Dunloy posters tonight should praise the referee. He could have put 2 of them on the line if the notion had took him. I thought he did a really good job all things considered. I'm a neutral.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 12, 2015, 10:35:36 PM
Dunloy posters tonight should praise the referee. He could have put 2 of them on the line if the notion had took him. I thought he did a really good job all things considered. I'm a neutral.

sorry JJ your not sounding very neutral from here
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

getevennotcross

Quote from: keep her low this half on September 12, 2015, 09:33:31 PM
Ballycastle well worth the win tonight. Saul was excellent and if he had a pair of proper boots on and stopped falling over he would have scored even more. As for the referee he tried to let the game flow and got most things right although the Dunloy number 6 should have seen red. If the officials see you strike someone off the ball how can it not be red?
+1 he should have walked IMHO.

hurlingstick

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on September 13, 2015, 12:51:30 AM
Quote from: reddog on September 13, 2015, 12:47:07 AM
Been keeping quiet but the double standards and refusal to give credit where its due is shocking. After the u21 final people tried to destroy Michael Bradley. I know the real Michael and know how good an athlete and person he is. The hyperbole after that match was shocking to the point Mick will be playing big ball next year. You all hammered him but refused to acknowledge his performance in the cdall game where he gave an exhibition. If you are gona hammer someone when you perceived he has done wrong at least be consistent if he does well!
I never got involved in the saga but you must realise that performing well in a match is a long way off making up for what he is accused of??
;D Yes strange comment that having a good match absolves you of behaving like a tube.

hurlingstick

Been keeping quiet but the double standards and refusal to give credit where its due is shocking. After the u21 final people tried to destroy Michael Bradley. I know the real Michael and know how good an athlete and person he is. The hyperbole after that match was shocking to the point Mick will be playing big ball next year. You all hammered him but refused to acknowledge his performance in the cdall game where he gave an exhibition. If you are gona hammer someone when you perceived he has done wrong at least be consistent if he does well!

Well that came a bit out of the blue

Leyland

Absolutely magic feeling to wake up - with a hangover knowing we have finally qualified for a county final. It has been coming over the last few years but the longer it went on the harder it was becoming a mental thing. For a few posters on here who said we would roll over again, bottle it etc - the Loughgiel experience should show you that if you keep knocking u can get there.
We are into a final now and anything is possible - we will be massive underdogs but I know our lads will not fear anyone. Whether they have enough this year only time will tell.
Some of our main players took a lot of flak last year for their performance and in there role in removing Humpy earlier in year -but they stood up last night.
As an attacking unit we looked as if we could score at will. Defensively we were poor for first 20 mins but finally got a foot hold on game.
It's nice looking forward to the other semi knowing we are in final - it's been a long time waiting

Jesusjones

The way Ballycastle distributed the ball yesterday was excellent. They hit the right type of ball to the right players. Low in front of Saul, into space for Clarke and when they needed to win dirty ball Fergus Donnelly and Stephen McGarry did the business. Despite being a fairly young team Dunloy looked like they faded very badly in the second half. No matter who they meet in the final Ballycastle's tails will be up and they'll be hard to work with. They'll have serious belief now too after beating Dunloy.

north aontroim gael

Dunloy seem to lack leaders, especially from midfield upwards. Shorty is undoubtedly a great hurler but not really a leader and he faded out of the game badly yesterday.

theskull1

No doubt about it, when the game started to go against us at the start of the second half we didn't have an effective response. Similar to Galway last week our decision making and touch got worse when Ballycastle got momentum. The collective belief wasn't there. Thats not to say they didn't try. They've trained solidly all year and ground out some good results in what was a difficult league campaign. A real honest group of players. We just have to suck it up and go again...same as any other team who gets chinned.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

getevennotcross

Quote from: shoebox on September 13, 2015, 10:39:43 AM
Get the town covered in the colours. Great to see. Well done.
Loughiel/Cushendall while favourites won't get it easy in the final. The work rate from the Ballycastle forwards was phenomenal yesterday. If they can bring that and if they can get their forwards going again, based on yesterday's showing they certainly have a chance. I was particularly impressed (after the first 15 mins) in how they won possession from their puck outs. If the game ends up on the ground and scrappy they have the physicality. Yesterday they won nearly every scrappy 50/50 ball due to sheer physicality. Their size could also be their downfall against a team that wins clean possession. Neal McAuley is a great man to have in the middle of your half back line but i wonder how he'd do against someone who will always be on the move.

Genuinnely delighted for them and outside the Cushendall and Loughiel men, I think they'll have the support of every neutral in the county.
whats that stuff your on man? Nothing won yet.

See how many nuetrals will be investing with P Power?? 

getevennotcross

No real comparison in if he performed well as opposed to being a tr**p sc**bag with his behaviour.  How can you justify such an endorsement of his integrity and dignity?  Beggars belief if you ask me.  I can certainly distinguish between what is right and wrong! Do you not think the disgusting manner of his mutterings and goading detracts from his performance at all?  All about moral compass don't you think?

Well off to Dunloy now, zoop, zandwiches, umbrella, rain coat, wellies, well Dunloy is a bog DR, isn't that rite mate?

WTF u on about?

Bit like giving praise to a serial killer for not killing someone today.  I was bad yesterday but good today so it's all ok!!

getevennotcross

Quote from: WTF u on about? on September 13, 2015, 02:59:46 PM

Bit like giving praise to a serial killer for not killing someone today.  I was bad yesterday but good today so it's all ok!!
+1