Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 13, 2015, 07:35:09 PM
Match to be played next Sunday at 1pm in Dunloy.

Played from the start??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hurlingstick

We're hoping you would tell us that MR2. Ask Mark and get back to us all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 13, 2015, 08:02:47 PM

Is there a time factor before game needs to be played from start Or from when game stopped!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 13, 2015, 05:42:21 PM
8-3 the dall half time.

Think portaferry may have been beat by ballygalget.

Yip, we eeked out a point victory somehow! Wasn't a great game, too many basic errors throughout plus the tight Ballycran pitch doesn't help. Two great goals, one from Danny Toner who finally is starting to show end result for all his abilities.
Ports were flat and had some strange positional switches which helped us, but we've a load of room for improvement, touch and decision making poor at times, but some of the young lads will learn from it. We'll take it and move on to the final in two weeks time.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2015, 08:17:51 PM

Is there a time factor before game needs to be played from start Or from when game stopped!

the second half had only started 4 or 5 minutes max

i would say it will all go back to zero. there's no way there will only play one half next sunday will there
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2015, 07:58:30 PM

Played from the start??
as far as I know the game was abandoned, not suspended. Therefore the game is void. It has been "re-fixed" for next Sunday.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Walt Jabsco

Game must be refixed for the full period  -remember Clare v Offaly

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 13, 2015, 08:25:25 PM

Played from the start??
as far as I know the game was abandoned, not suspended. Therefore the game is void. It has been "re-fixed" for next Sunday.

Is that what you'd prefer??

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2015, 08:27:06 PM

Played from the start??
LOL
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Walt Jabsco

JC was there a full complement at the end
Quote from: johnneycool on September 13, 2015, 08:19:08 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 13, 2015, 05:42:21 PM
8-3 the dall half time.

Think portaferry may have been beat by ballygalget.

Yip, we eeked out a point victory somehow! Wasn't a great game, too many basic errors throughout plus the tight Ballycran pitch doesn't help. Two great goals, one from Danny Toner who finally is starting to show end result for all his abilities.
Ports were flat and had some strange positional switches which helped us, but we've a load of room for improvement, touch and decision making poor at times, but some of the young lads will learn from it. We'll take it and move on to the final in two weeks time.

Seamroga in exile

Played from the start??

I believe it's the rules. I'm surprised you don't know that. And to be honest I don't think anyone in loughgiel is thinking about that at the moment.

Bonamargy

I hope Winkers dad is on the road to recovery. Life more important than hurling. Free admission next Sunday? Should be, but I can't see it happening. Traffic really bad today before the game. I left Ballycastle just after 4 and crossed the main carriageway at twenty past 4. The traffic was queued miles back down the road from Dunloy. Every spectator was coming in the same road and there were no stewards at the crossroads before the game. I missed the first ten minutes of the game and loads of others were later than me. Actually thought throw in would have been delayed as there were so many people not in the ground due to the traffic. They need the stewards at pappys before the game next Sunday.

On the match itself, I could only see one winner before throw in, Loughgiel. How wrong I was from what I seen on the field. Loughgiel looked nervous, loads of wides and bad touches. They looked to be on the way out before the game was abandoned. Hard to know how it will pan out now next Sunday. I may leave the house at 11.30am for the 1pm throw in on Sunday 😊

Seamroga in exile

I was in the field at half 3. Taking no chances.  ;D

Gizzy15

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 13, 2015, 08:22:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2015, 08:17:51 PM

the second half had only started 4 or 5 minutes max

i would say it will all go back to zero. there's no way there will only play one half next sunday will there

Firstly and most importantly I hope everyone involved in the incidents off the pitch are ok or will be ok.

Second, I think the match will have to be played from the start. I had said to my dad when I heard the game was abandoned that I think it should be started from second half. We when discussed it and it didn't really stack up. Injuries, tiredness levels form, all this changes with a second half stand alone game but mostly weather factors. If you played against a big breeze  and were well down at HT but were confident that you could turn it around, match gets abandoned, then next day play one half with no wind or worse against the wind again. It just wouldn't work.

Again I would just like to wish the man involved well and a good recovery, and the young supporter who fell. Think without doubt everyone involved would agree that the health of everyone is paramount.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 13, 2015, 08:38:17 PM

Played from the start??

I believe it's the rules. I'm surprised you don't know that. And to be honest I don't think anyone in loughgiel is thinking about that at the moment.

And id know that because?? The match report is filled in and sent to county board, they decide what happens next... That's like saying a referee sends of a player and he definitely doesn't start next game... Hmm that doesn't happen a lot.. Get out of jail card tonight by the sounds of it... But hey youse were five down against us at half time... Stuffed us in then end...