Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Yeah any reports on the games... Were cushendall lucky? Were the johnnies good? Were the dall bad? Did i read graffin was back?

Hand up

Holy crap, we used our get out of jail free card tonight. I seriously thought we where gone and perhaps the Johnnies deserved at least a draw. Our forwards with the exception of Sean McAfee never showed up. David Kearney and to a lesser degree Ryan McCambridge where our stars tonight. Big crowd, I'd say the neutral where entertained alright. I didn't see any other matches this weekend, but I thought the standard wasn't too impressive, but I'll credit the lads who came back from the dead, our mental strength that is questioned often was severely tested and we just about passed. Tonight's performance will get us hammered by Loughgiel in a fortnight, so we must improve fast.
The Johnnies deserve credit for their performance and will be gutted I'm sure but they where a lot better than I expected, I still am not impressed with them as a club but that's for another day!!My last point was on the referees performance, he is too whistle happy, and seems to want to be the star of the show, I gave credit to Owen a few weeks ago, on how he managed the game and players, cunning should take heed. I though He was a joke tonight, how the Johnnies man wasn't red carded for the pull on Ryan was unreal, the ref in the first game was also poor and was clearly looking after his own division. Sorry but that's the way I and my mates around me felt, the refereeing standard needs improving fast!!

Leftbackno4

I'm not a huge fan of Owen Elliott but I knew he had a great game when I didn't notice him during  loughgeil v St galls and while Cunning may have been over fussy at times I have to say he was fairly consistent with his decisions like them or not. In the 4 games I seen over the weekend the refs had good games and most importantly never impacted on the results

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Leftbackno4 on August 31, 2015, 12:45:26 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Owen Elliott but I knew he had a great game when I didn't notice him during  loughgeil v St galls and while Cunning may have been over fussy at times I have to say he was fairly consistent with his decisions like them or not. In the 4 games I seen over the weekend the refs had good games and most importantly never impacted on the results
What kind of a fan are you of Owen Elliott now?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

At present yes, but Cushendall won out in the end, with a depleted team, not being able to hold on to a lead (like ourselves) shows lack of experience, or fitness possibly but the Johnnies might push on, might not but Cushendall will always be there or thereabouts in next few years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Cushendall are really lacking in forwards. They can also be susceptible to pace at the back. I know they won last year but they looked very weak for a cushendall team and have definitely went backwards.

That being said I think their key men are coming back from injury so the game will do them good.

Megaman

Cushendall where really poor yesterday, we should (i hope) improve for the next game.

Team selection IMHO had a large part in how we played. Shane & Neill getting a good full game over them and graffin coming back should help things.

Saying that we have been very poor all year forgetting excuses (injuries etc) so it was no surprise we where poor again.

As for the Ref, the less said the better, the slap on Ryan was a disgrace and how it didn't get a red card is beyond me, the ref simply spoiled an already poor game.

let it fly

What cushendall team started?

btdtgtt

Bad luck to the Johnnies it sounded like some great fare in Dunloy.
Possibly right the lack of experience not closing the game out.
Now let's wait for the brains in casement (!) to set up the semis!
I don't think anything previous matters now - they are stand alone games decided very much on the day - and all four teams thinking they will win.

Milltown Row2

Blaming the referee for a 'poor' game.... Grow up ffs... He didn't get a decision one set of fans wanted and he ruined the game... Wally
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Megaman

sorry, the all knowing great one has spoken, i take back all i said, you are right and im wrong. :o

btw it was more than one and various neutrals around me thought the same on each occasion.

Two Hands FFS

Cushendall were very lucky yesterday to get a win. They know that themselves. Haven't been playing well all season but still dug in to get a result when things weren't going well.
Will have to improve massively for Loughgiel.

Only thing I'll say on Skinny. Referees have a tough job, they can't get every decision but not to send off the Johnies player for a disgraceful pull was shocking.

Finally, to have the match in Dunloy on a pitch that has a history of being wet was pathetic from the County board especially with a double header. Not fair on all 4 teams.

Fair play to Creggan for digging out a good win v the Gorts.

theskull1

I seen some soft ish frees blown in the second half for both teams but apart from that I fail to see what all the whinging is about. Johnson's pull(s) was wild but I didn't think it was a red.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on August 31, 2015, 09:59:24 AM
sorry, the all knowing great one has spoken, i take back all i said, you are right and im wrong. :o

btw it was more than one and various neutrals around me thought the same on each occasion.

I'm not saying it wasn't a reckless pull nor saying he shouldn't have been given a red card but to blame the referee for not getting that one right and thus spoiling the game is a bit daft don't you think??

Megaman

last time i comment on the ref.

he was really poor to both teams IMHO, he helped spoil a poor game (believe it or not MR2 that can happen)

he copped out on at least two red cards

the one on Ryan was Red all day long, (you couldn't have seen it properly from where your where standing skull) - tell me, someone trying to block the ball at full reach and guy standing beside him hits him for all he is fit across the head / shoulder before the ball is even there, im sorry but that's a red all day long.

as i have said we where really poor, we didn't deserve to win, but we did, the ref was also very poor, no sour grapes just telling it as it is.

end of convo from me. lets hope for two good games in the semi's