Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hirty Darry

Quote from: hurlingstick on August 27, 2015, 12:12:04 PM
I said it last year and I got it............ WRONG. On paper Ballycastle have great forwards. Clarke, Mccaughan, Jennings, McGarry, McAfee but they don't seem to be able to get the performances out of them. With the recent change of management I can't see them doing it this year. Ronan Donnelly is a great guy and maybe with time could bring them up a level.

Dunloy something similar. Now that Nigel Elliott is fit you have Shorty and Nicky McKeague beside him. That's some
serious firepower and they have slipped quietly under the radar this year.

But listen the no bullshit boys on here know Loughgiel are going to blow everyone away. They are talented in every
position. And with a forward six of possibly/probably Eddie, Joey, Shea, Benny, Clyde (for some reason playing 10
all year) Winker(would you be surprised)? I don't think there is a defence in Antrim can stop that.

Loughgiel averaged 26/27 (total pts) per game in the league.  If the trend continues (I know Championship in different) they would be difficult to stop.

Interesting fact though - recently, they only managed to score a total points tally of 18 pts (the lowest in their league campaign) against a significantly weakened Cushendall side.

In that first half, Cushendall proved they can stop five of the six mentioned above, if Arron was back that would sort a certain Mr Watson.

hurlingstick

But didn't Cushendall only score 1.12 or something in that game though?  That was a month ago and in that time Loughiel have blew better teams away including Ballycran.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: theskull1 on August 27, 2015, 09:38:00 AM
HURLING IN ANTRIM by Seamus Clarke

http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/hurling-in-antrim-by-seamus-clarke

If Antrim had all those areas mentioned still hurling we'd be contesting all irelands

Interesting read
I didn't know LG was known for its c..k fighting
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Hirty Darry

Quote from: hurlingstick on August 27, 2015, 01:11:55 PM
But didn't Cushendall only score 1.12 or something in that game though?  That was a month ago and in that time Loughiel have blew better teams away including Ballycran.

Missing quite a few forwards of note.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: north aontroim gael on August 27, 2015, 12:46:08 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on August 27, 2015, 12:12:04 PM
I said it last year and I got it............ WRONG. On paper Ballycastle have great forwards. Clarke, Mccaughan, Jennings, McGarry, McAfee but they don't seem to be able to get the performances out of them. With the recent change of management I can't see them doing it this year. Ronan Donnelly is a great guy and maybe with time could bring them up a level.

Dunloy something similar. Now that Nigel Elliott is fit you have Shorty and Nicky McKeague beside him. That's some
serious firepower and they have slipped quietly under the radar this year.

But listen the no bullshit boys on here know Loughgiel are going to blow everyone away. They are talented in every
position. And with a forward six of possibly/probably Eddie, Joey, Shea, Benny, Clyde (for some reason playing 10
all year)
Winker(would you be surprised)? I don't think there is a defence in Antrim can stop that.

That's one that is a bone of contention for some Loughgiel people too.  Odhran was / is our best half back but we have persisted in playing him in the forwards to accommodate others.  I highly doubt that Winker or Benny will play against St Galls. Both have barely played all year (injuries being out of the country etc) and we've had a squad of forwards who've won us every competitive game to date. Our most promising and consistent forward this year has been Sian McGrath, looking forward to seeing him play at senior championship level.

Quality player young Sian. Would he get a look in this year?

What about young James McNaughton, will he feature or is he still injured
hurl like f**k boi!

wino

Quote from: Hirty Darry on August 27, 2015, 01:58:42 PM
[/quot
That makes Cushendall favourites then to win the championship!
It was said at the time of the match as they were missing so many.

Hirty Darry

Quote from: wino on August 27, 2015, 10:06:11 PM
Quote from: Hirty Darry on August 27, 2015, 01:58:42 PM
[/quot
That makes Cushendall favourites then to win the championship!
It was said at the time of the match as they were missing so many.
Let's not get carried away, Loughgiel are the overwhelming favourites and rightly so.  Favourites can be beaten though. 

Seamroga in exile

I believe the favourites were beaten last year. Yes? What the bookies say means nothing. Cushendall won the championship with a great defence last year. They'll be out to do the same again. As reigning champions they'll be out to defend their title with everything they've got, which makes them formidable opponents. Anyone who thinks the championship is a walk over for loughgiel hasn't got a clue to be honest.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

hurlingstick

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 29, 2015, 10:39:25 AMelieve the favourites were beaten last year. Yes? What the bookies say means nothing. Cushendall won the championship with a great defence last year. They'll be out to do the same again. As reigning champions they'll be out to defend their title with everything they've got, which makes them formidable opponents. Anyone who thinks the championship is a walk over for loughgiel hasn't got a clue to be honest.

Nonsense! Predictable and boring post. The Shamrocks had lost the hunger last year as well as two monumental forwards. We could go back and forward here all day let's just leave it until the final.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hurlingstick on August 29, 2015, 12:19:27 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 29, 2015, 10:39:25 AMelieve the favourites were beaten last year. Yes? What the bookies say means nothing. Cushendall won the championship with a great defence last year. They'll be out to do the same again. As reigning champions they'll be out to defend their title with everything they've got, which makes them formidable opponents. Anyone who thinks the championship is a walk over for loughgiel hasn't got a clue to be honest.

Nonsense! Predictable and boring post. The Shamrocks had lost the hunger last year as well as two monumental forwards. We could go back and forward here all day let's just leave it until the final.
I refer you to my previous post.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

getevennotcross

Championshp is championship, no certainties just possibilities.

getevennotcross

Quote from: hurlingstick on August 29, 2015, 12:19:27 PM

according to you everybody is predictable and boring. For goodness sake your no Paddy Heaney or Brolly. I suppose you will bid for Brollys position on RTE. Must remember never to tune in then. You must be one of the new boys?

hurlingstick

Quote from: getevennotcross line
47.msg1507504#msg1507504 date=1440849439

Championshp is championship, no certainties. just possibilities.

I am certain Rasharkin will beat O'Donnells. I am certain  Loughiel will beat Naomh Gall. I am certain Ballycastle will beat Rossa. I am certain Dunloy will beat Clooney Gaels and I'm certain Cushendall will beat St. John's....always with the  cliché, flowery language Geteven...... And always without substance.

btdtgtt

Quote from: hurlingstick on August 29, 2015, 01:15:24 PM
Quote from: getevennotcross line
47.msg1507504#msg1507504 date=1440849439

Championshp is championship, no certainties. just possibilities.

I am certain Rasharkin will beat O'Donnells. I am certain  Loughiel will beat Naomh Gall. I am certain Ballycastle will beat Rossa. I am certain Dunloy will beat Clooney Gaels and I'm certain Cushendall will beat St. John's....always with the  cliché, flowery language Geteven...... And always without substance.

Definitely ruling out Rossa & The Johnnies hurlingstick?
Why? Although I'm afraid I'd have to agree - don't see a city win unless ballycastle implode again.

hurlingstick

I just don't think Rossa can outscore Ballycastle. I think you will struggle to contain Clarke and Mccaughern. Add into that McAfee, McGarry, possibly TT Butler and that's serious fire power. I think it will be the closest of the 4 quarter finals and if there is a possibility of an upset it could only come from this game.

Cushendall are too strong in defence and although St. john's have a couple of decent forwards they will be stifled. I'm not convinced of Cushendall's forwards. Carson and McNaughton for me are overrated. Karl is kicking on a bit. That asside they will have too much for St. Johns.