Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Rossa cant just drop back down again if they dont have a good championship, they need to stick at it. They have a good solid under 16 team and some good minors coming through and if they can keep working away with their future players they will be ok. Dropping back down isnt an option imo.
hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 26, 2015, 03:28:43 PM
Rossa cant just drop back down again if they dont have a good championship, they need to stick at it. They have a good solid under 16 team and some good minors coming through and if they can keep working away with their future players they will be ok. Dropping back down isnt an option imo.
+1  Rossa have nothing to be gained by dropping down again.  Ride it out for as long as they can. After all thier proud hurling history and pedigree should eventually stand by them.  A step further back by taking a drop.

Bonamargy

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 26, 2015, 03:28:43 PM

Rossa, or any other team for that matter, in next seasons division one will have to play Senior championship. You do not have a choice to play down a grade. (You are allowed to play up as many grades as you want, but not down) When Rossa played intermediate last year they were entitled to do so because they were in division 2.

btdtgtt

I wouldn't think dropping down again would be on the agenda at all - beating ballycastle should be!
Injuries shoebox?
What about the town?
I imagine the venue would please Rossa more than ballycastle.

St John's really fancy their chances - although we've been here before. I would imagine cushendall will have too much for them.

theskull1

HURLING IN ANTRIM by Seamus Clarke

http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/hurling-in-antrim-by-seamus-clarke

If Antrim had all those areas mentioned still hurling we'd be contesting all irelands
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hirty Darry

MIGAB are you a current or former ref?  MIGAB/MR2 is there any truth about a rumour (you know how rumours work) that a few refs have resigned following a questionable referee appointment (i.e Senior Quarter Final - the ref in question has allegedly only been seen out once this year in league yet has been put straight in to a Senior Championship game!)

Can see where they are coming from if true?

Is it the county that appoint the refs for Championship?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hirty Darry on August 27, 2015, 09:45:35 AM
MIGAB are you a current or former ref?  MIGAB/MR2 is there any truth about a rumour (you know how rumours work) that a few refs have resigned following a questionable referee appointment (i.e Senior Quarter Final - the ref in question has allegedly only been seen out once this year in league yet has been put straight in to a Senior Championship game!)

Can see where they are coming from if true?

Is it the county that appoint the refs for Championship?

I'm sure he's a quality referee and for whatever reasons (that you or I don't know) he got the job. I think a lot of people get hung up on whether they get a top refereeing game... I'm not, I'm as happy refereeing under 16's as I m refereeing senior.. you can't it seems please everybody all of the time  ;)

hopefully all the games are well, marshalled by the men in black
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hurlingstick

Not one of the quarter finals wets the appetite. 4 damp squids I expect. The only saving grace is on Sunday those going to Loughiel and Dunloy should see two competitive games in the intermediate championship. Final thought if Rossa can nullify Ciaran Clarke and Saul McCaughan they will have a slim chance. If Ballycastle have any chance this year they need to get those two into the centre of everything. They failed to do that last year against Dunloy.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on August 27, 2015, 11:24:50 AM
Not one of the quarter finals wets the appetite. 4 damp squids I expect. The only saving grace is on Sunday those going to Loughiel and Dunloy should see two competitive games in the intermediate championship. Final thought if Rossa can nullify Ciaran Clarke and Saul McCaughan they will have a slim chance. If Ballycastle have any chance this year they need to get those two into the centre of everything. They failed to do that last year against Dunloy.

Would need two speedy defenders to look after them and last time I looked they didn't have that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

looking forward to a good weekends hurling. I only hope the rain stays away around our part as it poured last night throughout the senior football match in Dunloy. Brutal conditions.

Sunday is a full day of hurling and a monday off to boot!
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: theskull1 on August 27, 2015, 09:38:00 AM
HURLING IN ANTRIM by Seamus Clarke

http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/hurling-in-antrim-by-seamus-clarke

If Antrim had all those areas mentioned still hurling we'd be contesting all irelands

Maybe I need to get a life - but really enjoyed reading that than-you!

hurlingstick

I said it last year and I got it............ WRONG. On paper Ballycastle have great forwards. Clarke, Mccaughan, Jennings, McGarry, McAfee but they don't seem to be able to get the performances out of them. With the recent change of management I can't see them doing it this year. Ronan Donnelly is a great guy and maybe with time could bring them up a level.

Dunloy something similar. Now that Nigel Elliott is fit you have Shorty and Nicky McKeague beside him. That's some
serious firepower and they have slipped quietly under the radar this year.

But listen the no bullshit boys on here know Loughgiel are going to blow everyone away. They are talented in every
position. And with a forward six of possibly/probably Eddie, Joey, Shea, Benny, Clyde (for some reason playing 10
all year) Winker(would you be surprised)? I don't think there is a defence in Antrim can stop that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on August 27, 2015, 12:12:04 PM
I said it last year and I got it............ WRONG. On paper Ballycastle have great forwards. Clarke, Mccaughan, Jennings, McGarry, McAfee but they don't seem to be able to get the performances out of them. With the recent change of management I can't see them doing it this year. Ronan Donnelly is a great guy and maybe with time could bring them up a level.

Dunloy something similar. Now that Nigel Elliott is fit you have Shorty and Nicky McKeague beside him. That's some

But listen the no bullshit boys on here know Loughgiel are going to blow everyone away. They are talented in every
position. And with a forward six of possibly/probably Eddie, Joey, Shea, Benny, Clyde (for some reason playing 10
all year) Winker(would you be surprised)? I don't think there is a defence in Antrim can stop that.

All over it this Saturday, dusting down the boots now as wee speak  ;)

btdtgtt

Great talent - and love watching the way the hurl.
But in Championship anything can happen and that's what the Dall will count on.
Shamrocks for another Volunteer Cup for me.

north aontroim gael

all year)
Winker(would you be surprised)? I don't think there is a defence in Antrim can stop that.

That's one that is a bone of contention for some Loughgiel people too.  Odhran was / is our best half back but we have persisted in playing him in the forwards to accommodate others.  I highly doubt that Winker or Benny will play against St Galls. Both have barely played all year (injuries being out of the country etc) and we've had a squad of forwards who've won us every competitive game to date. Our most promising and consistent forward this year has been Sian McGrath, looking forward to seeing him play at senior championship level.