Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoChara

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/2015/08/20/news/antrim-u21s-will-get-hammered-by-wexford-ryan-234084/

full article on the Irish news website about it don't knwo if there was any more int he paper but hes certainly pissed off, says we don't deserve to be in the competition with the likes of waterford clare and tipp

Na Glinntí Glasa

well done to KR for telling how it is.

i dont buy all of this that the club championship is on. Kilkenny players are playing in their championships at the moment. They dont wrap players up in cotton wool and hide them away.

We are a joke and hes right, we dont deserve a spot in the semis.
hurl like f**k boi!

MoChara

Id say this line will be fairly well talked about around the county

"I feel so sorry for those Cushendall lads and a few others I could name. They are so up for this, and they know what they're facing but they're still so willing to do what it takes. They're putting their reputations on the line.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: MoChara on August 20, 2015, 11:32:15 AM
Id say this line will be fairly well talked about around the county

"I feel so sorry for those Cushendall lads and a few others I could name. They are so up for this, and they know what they're facing but they're still so willing to do what it takes. They're putting their reputations on the line.
Yeah and them the main reason why the senior team were so poor this year ::)  ::)

WTF u on about?

He says if it was upto me I'd make a massive effort with the under 21s at the start of the year and work the fixtures round it. Well I thought he was the county manager so it was upto him! He should've consulted with the co board about this and ensured the championship was put back/brought forward to suit these games. He's right in most of what he's saying but it's a bit late to be complaining about it now.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Its a collective problem. From the clubs to the CB for the state we are in. Its no one individuals fault.

We will struggle to get a county manager for next season on board.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 20, 2015, 11:20:47 AM

i dont buy all of this that the club championship is on. Kilkenny players are playing in their championships at the moment. They dont wrap players up in cotton wool and hide them away.

Don't think that's the case DR ......and regardless .... there's not the same dual player issues ... that exists up here.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

getevennotcross

Quote from: WTF u on about? on August 20, 2015, 11:57:52 AM
He says if it was upto me I'd make a massive effort with the under 21s at the start of the year and work the fixtures round it. Well I thought he was the county manager so it was upto him! He should've consulted with the co board about this and ensured the championship was put back/brought forward to suit these games. He's right in most of what he's saying but it's a bit late to be complaining about it now.
20-20 Hindsight is a powerful thing!  Now that he is departing with his carpet bagging is about to cease, it's easy to say such things.  I have to agree, there is no point in him complaining now, but was he ever going to bite the hand that fed him during his tenure by complaining?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: theskull1 on August 20, 2015, 12:35:57 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 20, 2015, 11:20:47 AM

Don't think that's the case DR ......and regardless .... there's not the same dual player issues ... that exists up here.

Dual players isnt a massive problem in Antrim is it? Sure outside a few obvious examples most strong hurling clubs are junior football. KR was right. TJ Reid in paper this week saying that he cant wait to get stuck into club championship before All-Ireland Final

theskull1

I'd say an outsider is able to give a more truthful perspective than someone who has to watch what he says so as not to offend too many for speaking what they believe to be the truth.

I agree with him. We don't respect the competition properly so we shouldn't be there at the SF stage. Makes a farce of the competition

I'm sure there's numerous reasons why it falls down the pecking order at this time of year in Antrim. Lets admit that its the case and ask to be left out until such times that we can prepare a team properly for it
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on August 20, 2015, 03:50:49 PM
I'd say an outsider is able to give a more truthful perspective than someone who has to watch what he says so as not to offend too many for speaking what they believe to be the truth.

I agree with him. We don't respect the competition properly so we shouldn't be there at the SF stage. Makes a farce of the competition

I'm sure there's numerous reasons why it falls down the pecking order at this time of year in Antrim. Lets admit that its the case and ask to be left out until such times that we can prepare a team properly for it

Cody has no problem releasing players for club action which undoubtedly impacts upon his ability to have collective training sessions and it doesn't seem to be doing any harm.
What gets me is these managers who think that because the players aren't at their disposal 24/7 then somehow they're doing nothing as Kevin himself alluded to the last time Antrim beat Wexford. He seemed actually aghast that a bunch of hurlers he had trouble getting together for training actually beat a team doing all the things he wanted to do.
Granted he should be able to get them together at least once a week, but if they're playing senior club hurling and getting the odd game together, which they didn't this time round then that needs looked at, but a bit of balance is required from both clubs, county boards and county managers.

Won't be nice in that changing room come Saturday after the manager going public to say you're in for a thumping!!

Seamroga in exile

"What you reap is what you sow"
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 20, 2015, 07:49:39 PM

depends on the seed your working with and quality of your ground to

you started the farming analogies
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

Preparation opportunities for U21 are little different from when we beat Wexford or any other year - it's other circumstances that are different for Ryan.
This is all so transparent - good luck to the team on Saturday and then we can close this sorry chapter with KR. Let's just hope we learn from mistakes for once.

Glentaisie

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 20, 2015, 07:49:39 PM

Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.