Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonamargy

Anyone go to Gortnamona V Armoy yesterday? What happened? Hearing reports of a mass brawl after the game?

Seamroga in exile

Jaysus lads, that was some show in croker the day. Unreal guts and passion on show. Love it.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

getevennotcross

Well my beloved Tipp got beat today by the more hungry and tenacious team, fair dues to the Tribesmen.  I suppose one saving grace though, Tipp are not likely to be humiliated by Kilkenny this year.

As I have frequently alluded to and despite Tipp's red hot favs. tag, Championship is championship.  Another thing of note today dispelling the old cliché,  - goals do not win games!  It would seem persistence in tagging on the points can prove very frustrating for a team to cope with.  Ah well, the Tribesmen they deserved their win in the end.  Unquestionably the best game this year?

getevennotcross

Quote from: Bonamargy on August 16, 2015, 10:41:52 AM
Anyone go to Gortnamona V Armoy yesterday? What happened? Hearing reports of a mass brawl after the game?
I heard it started over the sighting of a good looking woman or a good looking sheep, rare commodities in both camps.

Glensman

Took a spin over tointermediate semis yesterday.

Carey just looked too strong for Sarsfields and would be my tip for the whole thing. Sarsfields missing Niall McKenna who is a big loss for them and a class act. Daniel McKernan just not able to get them going but is a super wee player.

Other semi Cloghmills just scraped through after extra time. A few people stood beside me counting the score had them actually winning at full time but referee messed up scoring (pretty shocking occurence in championship (or any) hurling) and got scoreboard changed. On another note Gareth Magee in nets for Cushendun. You'd have to go a long way to see a better performance than that. Must have made 4/5 super saves. Reckon he is still the best in Antrim - not sure if he would have appetite for county?

Each team left probably fancies their chances - I reckon a Carey v Creggan final.

Caught most of the first half in Croke then raced over. Managed to avoid finding out result and watched recording. Wow!

Na Glinntí Glasa

went to croke yday and was not disappointed in what was on offer. Seen both minor matches and both were great games. The senior match was a cracker. Brilliant atmosphere and game.

One sour note was some supporters inablility to take a beating. Seen two fights around me, all within arm swings of small children. Disgusting people and have no place in a GAA ground. Stay in the pub and dont disgrace yourself and county by coming near a game
hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 17, 2015, 09:18:21 AM
went to croke yday and was not disappointed in what was on offer. Seen both minor matches and both were great games. The senior match was a cracker. Brilliant atmosphere and game.

One sour note was some supporters inablility to take a beating. Seen two fights around me, all within arm swings of small children. Disgusting people and have no place in a GAA ground. Stay in the pub and dont disgrace yourself and county by coming near a game
You must have been in the cheap seats DR? Dont tend to see such antics in rhe Pemiere level. Disgusting all the same.

Jesusjones

Whats the story with yer man managing Rossa? Spent the game yesterday abusing our linesman and players. On a number of occasions he called our players idiots and worse. He was roaring obscenities at the top of his voice. Glad there weren't many kids at the game to see that. Is there a reason he is on his own on the line with no coach, selector or first aid?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: getevennotcross on August 17, 2015, 09:25:38 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 17, 2015, 09:18:21 AM

You myut have been in the cheap seats DR? Dont tend to see such antics in rhe Pemiere level. Disgusting all the same.

Lol aye Davin lower stand. Pathetic stuff and one started over someone standing up to see a goal chance. Some idiotic people allowed into Croke Park.
hurl like f**k boi!

cfclg

Quote from: shoebox on August 17, 2015, 09:46:27 AM
Quote from: Glensman on August 17, 2015, 07:15:11 AM

Carey just looked too strong for Sarsfields and would be my tip for the whole thing. Sarsfields missing Niall McKenna who is a big loss for them and a class act. Daniel McKernan just not able to get them going but is a super wee player.

Other semi Cloghmills just scraped through after extra time. A few people stood beside me counting the score had them actually winning at full time but referee messed up scoring (pretty shocking occurence in championship (or any) hurling) and got scoreboard changed. On another note Gareth Magee in nets for Cushendun. You'd have to go a long way to see a better performance than that. Must have made 4/5 super saves. Reckon he is still the best in Antrim - not sure if he would have appetite for county?

Each team left probably fancies their chances - I reckon a Carey v Creggan final.

Caught most of the first half in Croke then raced over. Managed to avoid finding out result and watched recording. Wow!

So who plays who in the semis now?
Once Glenariffe went out I fancied Cloughmills but Carey seem to be going well now too. If they play eachother in the semi final, then that'll be the final I'd say. Someone tipped Creggan on this a while ago and they are also still in it. Gort wouldn't have the discipline needed I'd say but as a Belfast man it would be nice to see them win it.

Watched the game on TV yesterday. Games like that don't deserve to have a losing team. Great advert for our game.

I think Cmills have to be hot favourites for the intermediate now. They have got to a semi final without getting out of second gear. Carey won't get close to them in the semi. Creggan to beat Gorts in other semi but I believe Cmills will win the cship. They are a well drilled, fit outfit.

cfclg

Quote from: shoebox on August 17, 2015, 12:03:11 PM
I don't think it's as wide open as you think. Cloughmills a good side with good forwards but Cushendun brought them to extra time so well within Carey to beat them (or maybe you're just playing the underdog card 😉). I do fancy Cloughmills but not by much. Think you're probably right about the Creggan v Gorts but then Gorts do have a couple of good forwards too. All the teams are there on merit and fair play to them.

I take it the SHC kicks off this weekend?

No, just an interested neutral. My team knocked out of this years cship already unfortunately. I've watched Carey few times this year and although I think they are a good team, they're not the finished article yet and cmills have a bit more about them if you know what I mean.

Senior cship starts last weekend of the month I think.

hurlingstick

Quote from: Glensman on August 17, 2015, 07:15:11 AM

Cloughmills have beat Carey twice this year already.

WTF u on about?

Cmills will have to improve a good bit on yesterday's performance if they're to go any further. Although they did beat Cdun twice yesterday as referee got the score wrong at full time! Hard to tell how good Carey played yesterday as sarsfields were poor. From nearly in the senior final last year to not even competing in intermediate and possibly relegation if they don't get their finger out. Winner of gorts v Creggan will fancy their chances as both are going well in league so I'd have either one as favourite if they reach final

cfclg

Quote from: shoebox on August 17, 2015, 12:47:22 PM
Quote from: cfclg on August 17, 2015, 12:15:00 PM
Quote from: shoebox on August 17, 2015, 12:03:11 PM
I don't think it's as wide open as you think. Cloughmills a good side with good forwards but Cushendun brought them to extra time so well within Carey to beat them (or maybe you're just playing the underdog card ). I do fancy Cloughmills but not by much. Think you're probably right about the Creggan v Gorts but then Gorts do have a couple of good forwards too. All the teams are there on merit and fair play to them.

I take it the SHC kicks off this weekend?

No, just an interested neutral. My team knocked out of this years cship already unfortunately. I've watched Carey few times this year and although I think they are a good team, they're not the finished article yet and cmills have a bit more about them if you know what I mean.

Senior cship starts last weekend of the month I think.

CFCLG? Carey Faugh's CLG?

I hadn't thought of that. Celtic Football Club and my wife's initials!!!!

Bonamargy

Quote from: shoebox on August 17, 2015, 12:49:54 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on August 17, 2015, 12:22:18 PM
Cloughmills have beat Carey twice this year already.

But that means nothing.  Using that logic wouldn't have had Cloughmills turn up against Glenariffe.  Championship is different especially in a division where everyone can beat everyone else.

Cloughmills have beat Carey 3 times this year. Twice in the league and also in the semi final of the Feis cup. Cloughmills obvious favourites, although they didn't handle the favourites tag too well yesterday. It should be a tight game anyway.