Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on August 14, 2015, 04:00:39 PM
https://www.facebook.com/McQuillanGAC/photos/a.10151855203723764.1073741829.232165613763/10153530773818764/?type=1&theater
When crowds went to games. How do we get back to those halcyon days  :-\

Loughgiel player showing great restraint..... Any Castle player will do!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Whats the rule on grabbing/tackling a man by the helmet as he's coming through?

Very Dangerous

Yellow or Red?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on August 14, 2015, 08:34:47 PM

Very Dangerous

Yellow or Red?
I think the rule is a straight red but lately I've seen refs settle for a yellow in both club and County games. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Very Dangerous

Yellow or Red?

Simple.... Red card... Any referee who sees it (the get out clause  ;D ) should be giving red card
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 14, 2015, 05:12:39 PM
Great photo Skull!
I agree Dunloy creates a better atmosphere and games than Ballycastle - and Loughguile is the pick of our venues.
Ballycastle seems to get the nod to support the new facilities and for traffic/parking.
But no matter where it is it looks like the big crowds of the 80s & 90s are gone - great days indeed.
What about Cushendall as a venue for championship matches? Good pitch and good bank for spectators

Milltown Row2

Quote from: shoebox on August 14, 2015, 10:36:08 PM
I agree. Enough room for parking in the Dall too if it was marshalled well enough.  If would be a very iconic venue if anything with the Lurig in the background.

Glenariffe's a better backdrop for the Lurig

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2015, 09:53:50 PM

Very Dangerous

Yellow or Red?

Simple.... Red card... Any referee who sees it (the get out clause  ;D ) should be giving red card

I've seen the same ref give yellows at an U16 and a minor game inside the last 10 days.  :-\
Why does someone who knows the rules not apply them?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on August 15, 2015, 01:12:55 AM

Very Dangerous

Yellow or Red?

I've seen the same ref give yellows at an U16 and a minor game inside the last 10 days.  :-\

Maybe and I don't know who the referee is.... But some referees may feel its a harsh sending off, and give a yellow... Be strange though as why are you giving a yellow? If he sees that foul it's a red, why players are still doing it is beyond me

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2015, 08:24:40 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on August 15, 2015, 01:12:55 AM

Very Dangerous

Yellow or Red?

Maybe and I don't know who the referee is.... But some referees may feel its a harsh sending off, and give a yellow... Be strange though as why are you giving a yellow? If he sees that foul it's a red, why players are still doing it is beyond me
The players are still doing it because the refs aren't taking the proper action against it.

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2015, 08:24:40 AM

Could I suggest because easy going 'let her go' referees let them away with it ..... as sure they're only kids? It would be a straight red in senior championship (with the big crowd watching the referee) so why not teach the proper rules early? Not doing the game any good (especially the players doing it) in the long run. Do we not want more disciplined defenders to know controlled aggression is what its all about? Of course thats primarily the role of the coaches but referees need to back it up.

Another one

Grabbing the jersey blatantly as a player bears down on goal (possibly irrelevant point)  ...referee allows advantage with the 5 second rule. Is that foul a yellow card that should still be dealt with by the referee at the next break in play?

hurlingstick

Is Loughiel v Ballycran on tonight?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hurlingstick on August 15, 2015, 04:26:06 PM
Is Loughiel v Ballycran on tonight?
half time. Loughgiel 0-14 to 0-05 up.

hurlingstick

That was so one sided. Ballycran were really poor. Tony McCloskey seems to be in full back to stay. Benny McCarry came off the bench. Joey Scullion is back to the player he was a couple of seasons ago. Loughiel will win the championship at a canter. Don't let anyone try to fool you otherwise. PS Again whatever the big mouths say, Eamonn Hasson is a quality referee. PS PS, great win for Gort Na Mona

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on August 15, 2015, 08:47:58 PM
That was so one sided. Ballycran were really poor. Tony McCloskey seems to be in full back to stay. Benny McCarry came off the bench. Joey Scullion is back to the player he was a couple of seasons ago. Loughiel will win the championship at a canter. Don't let anyone try to fool you otherwise. PS Again whatever the big mouths say, Eamonn Hasson is a quality referee. PS PS, great win for Gort Na Mona
He is....and a nice guy

hurlingstick

No thought I'd check out 1st against 2nd in division one.