Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManInBlackandGreen

Can I just say I tip my cloth cap to those in the CE and friends of casement in their introduction to the table allegedly the opportunity now to bring in the last remaining sport to insure casement parks survival or whatever name they agree? I for one would welcome Donegal Celtic to the stadium its membership with the FAI and look forward to watching Bohs, Derry City or Shamrocks (11 a side)! Maximise its potential and generate more revenue to insure dunsillys future. Well done lads........

Jesusjones

Are we still sore about the young lad banging in the goals that ended Loughgiel and Dunloy's championship aspirations last year?

Na Glinntí Glasa

eh no, we were crap last year. We didn't complain about getting beat.

One players goals didn't make us play as poorly an entire season.
hurl like f**k boi!

Gizzy15

Going through Refs on County Website to see which club a ref was from and seen this ref
Liam Mc Bribe Carey Faughs. ;D maybe a bit immature but I thought by the name it was a wind up. Can anyone confirm if this Ref exists as I had never heard of him but found his name funny in the context of being a referee

paddyjohn

Quote from: Gizzy15 on August 12, 2015, 09:32:47 AM
Going through Refs on County Website to see which club a ref was from and seen this ref
Liam Mc Bribe Carey Faughs. ;D maybe a bit immature but I thought by the name it was a wind up. Can anyone confirm if this Ref exists as I had never heard of him but found his name funny in the context of being a referee

It's Liam McBride

Milltown Row2

Quote from: shoebox on August 12, 2015, 10:26:07 AM
I think he knew that. Liam is a Carey man and is one of our more colourful referees. The man is an out and out true gael.

Takes all sorts!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: shoebox on August 12, 2015, 12:14:58 PM
For the record, I know Liam and his family well and he is a good guy.

It's been very quiet regarding Belfast's old firm game on Sunday.  What was your assessment, MR2?

Was a good game to referee, plenty of hard hurling, some players over zealous but considering the teams I have seen a lot worse between them. Rossa elected to play against the wind first and were only 5 behind at half time, the breeze wasn't as strong in the second half and it was the Johnnies that tacked on a few early points to keep ahead... Rossa came back at them with a goal and bring it back to 2 points but the Johnnies tacked on a couple more points to win by 4... Must say Brian McFaul put over a point in the first half which was brilliant, could still be a threat against Cushendall
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 12, 2015, 08:38:10 AM
Are we still sore about the young lad banging in the goals that ended Loughgiel and Dunloy's championship aspirations last year?
who from loughgiel mentioned anything about this balls use are talking about as two days.  I personally couldn't give two hoots,  it's 15 V 15.  Best team wins.  Get over it and yourself.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

Quote from: shoebox on August 12, 2015, 01:19:09 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2015, 12:35:02 PM
Quote from: shoebox on August 12, 2015, 12:14:58 PM
For the record, I know Liam and his family well and he is a good guy.

It's been very quiet regarding Belfast's old firm game on Sunday.  What was your assessment, MR2?

Was a good game to referee, plenty of hard hurling, some players over zealous but considering the teams I have seen a lot worse between them. Rossa elected to play against the wind first and were only 5 behind at half time, the breeze wasn't as strong in the second half and it was the Johnnies that tacked on a few early points to keep ahead... Rossa came back at them with a goal and bring it back to 2 points but the Johnnies tacked on a couple more points to win by 4... Must say Brian McFaul put over a point in the first half which was brilliant, could still be a threat against Cushendall

Yea, I heard he did a bit of damage from FF.  Although if they are having to rely on Brian for scores at his age, it could also be seen as a worrying sign for them.  Did the two Johnstons play?  That game v Cushendall will be interesting.

No it won't

NAG1

Quote from: shoebox on August 12, 2015, 02:16:39 PM
Ok. I'll rephrase it.  I hope the game v Cushendall will be interesting.

;)

I think every hurling fan has been hoping for a while that St Johns would make a championship game interesting but has yet to materialise.

btdtgtt

I've said it before and I will say it again;
St Johns are the pick the city teams at the minute - but they could win 10 minors in a row and won't win anything at senior.

Milltown Row2

Johnnies possibly shy two good players for me. 

getevennotcross

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 12, 2015, 04:44:18 PM
St Johns are the pick the city teams at the minute - but they could win 10 minors in a row and won't win anything at senior.
Not a lot to pick from, but either way I don't see them going anywhere any time soon.  Still shy of a few decent players which will determine whether they can make an impact or not.  Despite some of their young players at under 21 and minor, they don't appear to be make any serious in roads at all.  Dare say North Antrim teams will have nothing to fear from city teams for the time being. 

btdtgtt

Quote from: getevennotcross on August 12, 2015, 09:45:32 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on August 12, 2015, 04:44:18 PM
Not a lot to pick from, but either way I don't see them going anywhere any time soon.  Still shy of a few decent players which will determine whether they can make an impact or not.  Despite some of their young players at under 21 and minor, they don't appear to be make any serious in roads at all.  Dare say North Antrim teams will have nothing to fear from city teams for the time being.

Very true I'm afraid.

Jesusjones

I can tell you we are worried about The Johnnies...