Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

themac_23

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 28, 2015, 01:48:44 PM
Falls Park has quite good changing facilitates in their bowling pavilion yet abit away from the pitches which in theory would not qualify them for Championship matches. I wouldn't imagine to many clubs with c'ship facilites offering up their ground with the rain theres been recently. Which is a petty. Either that or this our the county view this type of game?

Yeah was thinking it was quite far away, admittedly i haven't been to FP in a good while, Junior B or not i think the teams should be treated with the same respect as all clubs, personally i would find it hard to step it up to 'championship' gear playing on a public park on a saturday night, maybe thats just me.

paddyjohn

Quote from: themac_23 on July 28, 2015, 02:30:37 PM
Falls Park has quite good changing facilitates in their bowling pavilion yet abit away from the pitches which in theory would not qualify them for Championship matches. I wouldn't imagine to many clubs with c'ship facilites offering up their ground with the rain theres been recently. Which is a petty. Either that or this our the county view this type of game?

Yeah was thinking it was quite far away, admittedly i haven't been to FP in a good while, Junior B or not i think the teams should be treated with the same respect as all clubs, personally i would find it hard to step it up to 'championship' gear playing on a public park on a saturday night, maybe thats just me.

Championship is championship no matter what the grade and teams should be treated with the same respect.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on July 28, 2015, 02:59:30 PM

Championship is championship no matter what the grade and teams should be treated with the same respect.

Its wrong on so many levels, but why Davitts have never secured a home venue with them being one of the richest clubs in Antrim is beyond me.. They had Twinbrook venue from the council I believe but have mainly played out of the Falls park and Boucher? Lately
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 28, 2015, 04:58:57 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on July 28, 2015, 02:59:30 PM

Its wrong on so many levels, but why Davitts have never secured a home venue with them being one of the richest clubs in Antrim is beyond me.. They had Twinbrook venue from the council I believe but have mainly played out of the Falls park and Boucher? Lately

Perhaps they haven't had the contacts of the likes of St Brigids to secure green grass in an urban area?
Davitts have a massive project planned in conjunction with Corpus Christi school.

Leftbackno4

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2015, 02:54:15 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 27, 2015, 02:39:38 PM
Thanks for the report tommy
Yeah fitness levels and sometimes we have to work harder than the other team to try and contain them which expends energy
If Dublin go deeper into the minor championship we can take some heart from it

Wexford might be a bridge to far this time but a close final score would be good

I wasn't at it but just followed it on twitter.Don't get to as many games as I would like these days unfortunately.

Be interesting to see how the dubs do later on alright.

Yes I think the u21s have a tough task but then you never know as I think we would have said that the year we made the final. I think this wexford crop of u21s is the best to come out of their county for a while and they've high hopes for them in their county. Still - you never know.

The minors competed well but had a terrible start when they conceded through a mistake and were allowing Dublin to run at them unchallenged. But to be fair to the boys they dug in and matched and even outplayed the Dubs in the middle third of the game, but ultimately Dublin's better physical conditioning allowed them to find the time and space to pick off their points and close the game out. Some real prospects on the team who are as good as any minor out there.

If we could get the best players to commit and added strength and conditioning to next year's program and with an Antrim Colleges team competing in Leinster  during the winter months (closed season) there could be more progression made.

I don't know if an All-Ireland quarter final spot for the Ulster Under 21 champions similar to the minor grade would make a more realistic target for Antrim as I fear another tanking v Wexford.

Leftbackno4

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2015, 02:54:15 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 27, 2015, 02:39:38 PM
Thanks for the report tommy
Yeah fitness levels and sometimes we have to work harder than the other team to try and contain them which expends energy
If Dublin go deeper into the minor championship we can take some heart from it

Wexford might be a bridge to far this time but a close final score would be good

I wasn't at it but just followed it on twitter.Don't get to as many games as I would like these days unfortunately.

Be interesting to see how the dubs do later on alright.

Yes I think the u21s have a tough task but then you never know as I think we would have said that the year we made the final. I think this wexford crop of u21s is the best to come out of their county for a while and they've high hopes for them in their county. Still - you never know.

The minors competed well but had a terrible start when they conceded through a mistake and were allowing Dublin to run at them unchallenged. But to be fair to the boys they dug in and matched and even outplayed the Dubs in the middle third of the game, but ultimately Dublin's better physical conditioning allowed them to find the time and space against a tiring Antrim to pick off their points and close the game out. Some real prospects on the team who are as good as any minor out there.

If we could get the best players to commit and added strength and conditioning to next year's program and with an Antrim Colleges team competing in Leinster  during the winter months (closed season) there could be more progression made.

I don't know if an All-Ireland quarter final spot for the Ulster Under 21 champions similar to the minor grade would make a more realistic target for Antrim as I fear another tanking v Wexford.

Milltown Row2

Ballycastle's revival came to an end tonight 😉
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 29, 2015, 11:39:30 PM

Good score for you guys you must have played well
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

johnneycool

How'd our lads get on in the bear pit? I hope you weren't lashing out any unnecessary red cards?

Just looked at the league tables, if the Sars don't improve they'll be in Div3 by the end of the year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on July 30, 2015, 08:21:36 AM

How'd our lads get on in the bear pit? I hope you weren't lashing out any unnecessary red cards?

Just looked at the league tables, if the Sars don't improve they'll be in Div3 by the end of the year.

Johnney, they played alright in parts and brilliant in other parts.... some nice young small hurlers with good speed and technical ability, nice cross field low ball delivery (which was always a great trait of Ballygalget) and took some nice long distance scores, fell asleep for a period in second half allowed them back to 7 points but hammered on after that..having done Ports at the weekend and then yourselves you have a bit to do to beat them, but anything can happen

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 30, 2015, 08:56:13 AM

Johnney, they played alright in parts and brilliant in other parts.... some nice young small hurlers with good speed and technical ability, nice cross field low ball delivery (which was always a great trait of Ballygalget) and took some nice long distance scores, fell asleep for a period in second half allowed them back to 7 points but hammered on after that..having done Ports at the weekend and then yourselves you have a bit to do to beat them, but anything can happen

And in the Ards come Championship more often than not it does  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on July 30, 2015, 09:53:58 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 30, 2015, 08:56:13 AM

And in the Ards come Championship more often than not it does  :)

Hopefully the Ports will do what they normally do and go mad trying to curtail big Magic and we've enough wit within the other 5 forwards to get scores, but it would be a monumental turn around for us to dethrone the current Ulster champions from our lowly position.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 30, 2015, 12:04:29 AM

Good score for you guys you must have played well

Just getting ready for Loughgiel, thought we'd lull them into a false sense of security ...... Ballycastle must have brought down their camogs!!

Jesusjones

Full time score Cushendall 1-12 Loughgiel 1-15.

Fairhead

Fair play to you MR2. Hopefully you can hold on to these 2 points, you seem to have lost the other 4!!!