Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

From what I hear the county board are every bit as keen to get rid of Kevin Ryan as we are.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: getevennotcross on July 26, 2015, 11:15:55 AM
I've missed nothing I see! The same old sh*t, just another day and repackaged with the same old negativity.  No wonder we are the laughing stock of the country.

If Ryan would just grow a pair and ride off into the sunset in the sunny south east, we could then commence the daunting search for the next successful failure?

As I alluded to previously, SG in my book is Watson.  Watson is damaged goods in my book at club and county level, and like McManus et al, would be better cast adrift from any future Antrim panel
I remember you saying that alright, and I posted about it and somehow my comments were deleted.   :o. I am not Liam Watson. Just speak a lot of truth and people don't like hearing or reading the truth. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jesusjones on July 26, 2015, 01:46:41 PM
From what I hear the county board are every bit as keen to get rid of Kevin Ryan as we are.
i believe he has to go.  But who is the right man to take us back to D1 and get the best out of the best we have to offer?  Realistically we should be going close to winning Christy Ring and hopefully close to getting back up.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Big win for ballycastle against Cushendall. Does anyone know the team line ups? Are the FBI managing Cushendall now?  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

Cushendall team: 1. Eoin Gillan 2. Eoin Mc Manus 3. Paddy Burke 4. David Kearney 5. Stephen Walsh 6. Sean Delargy 7. Cormac Mc Allister 8. Eoghan Campbell 9. Ryan Mc Cambridge 10. Emmett Laverty 11. Sean Mc Afee 12. Karl Mc Keegan 13. Christy Mc Naughton 14. Donal Mc Naughton 15. Paddy Mc Gill. Mc Gill and Mc Keegan taken off injured in the first half.

The amount of players we are missing at the minute is shocking and a few on holidays this week too. Impossible to get results without 8-9 players. Hopefully a few lads back asap.

Bonamargy

Was a decent performance in constant rain, we lead from start to finish. Our goal was the last score of the game. We were missing Clarkie, Stoogie, Fergus Donnelly, Dermot Donnelly and Eoin McAloanan who are all in America on holidays. Was well worth the soaking to see them win. A good start for Ronan with two wins from his first two games V Portaferry and Cushendall. Cushendall had a number missing and only seemed to have a couple of subs, so I wouldn't be getting excited about our victory. St Galls away on Wednesday night and then the major challenge of Loughgiel away on Sunday to see where we are really at. Baby steps at the moment, but progress all the same.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on July 26, 2015, 08:16:40 PM
Cushendall team: 1. Eoin Gillan 2. Eoin Mc Manus 3. Paddy Burke 4. David Kearney 5. Stephen Walsh 6. Sean Delargy 7. Cormac Mc Allister 8. Eoghan Campbell 9. Ryan Mc Cambridge 10. Emmett Laverty 11. Sean Mc Afee 12. Karl Mc Keegan 13. Christy Mc Naughton 14. Donal Mc Naughton 15. Paddy Mc Gill. Mc Gill and Mc Keegan taken off injured in the first half.

The amount of players we are missing at the minute is shocking and a few on holidays this week too. Impossible to get results without 8-9 players. Hopefully a few lads back asap.
shocking bad luck with injuries jj.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

Loughgiel were gonna be hard for anyone to stop this year regardless. Unless we can get players back on the pitch very soon st. John's will beat us.

Na Glinntí Glasa

went to our game in ahoghill yday. Miserable day, cold and wet and its the end of July ffs.

really sad to come to a team in their first year in Div 1 hurling and first of all no one charging at the gate and next to no one at the game. There was more Dunloy people at the game than home team supporters, you could of put them all in about 4 cars! I drove up home from Dublin on Sunday morning to make it up home in time to get to the game and they couldnt even turn up from around the corner?

very sad to see IMO. It seems its def a football area despite the great work made by the hurlers in Cloney.

Poor enough game and a bit one sided for the most of it. Nice to see Nigel Elliott back hurling again, he makes a big difference in there. Kevin Molloy also back playing which again is another positive. Shorty also played but you can see he isnt fully fit.

Game sort of died whenever Nigel, shorty, woody etc all came up and we let the foot off the gas.

Still dont look like we are anywhere near a top team but they are trying. Tend to over complicate things at the back with this short passing carry on but we will just have to bear it out to see how we go.
hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 26, 2015, 01:55:52 PM
Quote from: getevennotcross on July 26, 2015, 11:15:55 AM
I've missed nothing I see! The same old sh*t, just another day and repackaged with the same old negativity.  No wonder we are the laughing stock of the country.

If Ryan would just grow a pair and ride off into the sunset in the sunny south east, we could then commence the daunting search for the next successful failure?

As I alluded to previously, SG in my book is Watson.  Watson is damaged goods in my book at club and county level, and like McManus et al, would be better cast adrift from any future Antrim panel
I remember you saying that alright, and I posted about it and somehow my comments were deleted.   :o. I am not Liam Watson. Just speak a lot of truth and people don't like hearing or reading the truth.
I'd have to agree SG , I am all for truth and transparency, unfortunately they are not personal traits we come across frequently nowadays.  Regardless of whether you are LW or not, no odds to me, I have no axe to grind with Winker.  Keep speaking the truth anyway, eventually others may subscribe to the truth and do likewise?

And the town beat the Dall, heavens above, two wins in a row for the town, must be something in the yellow man? Good to see a bit of fight and respectability evolving in the town.

theskull1

"The Truth" ..... that's funny....it's almost as if there's one version of "The Truth"
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north_antrim_hound

The truth isn't the problem
It's some peoples distorted perception of reality
Same old tripe on here
Antrim minors where playing this weekend and under 21s through the week and no discussion on it at all
Some clown says something on a tacky news rag and it gets nearly 3 pages
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

imtommygunn

The minors did very well up until about 50 minutes NAH though Dublin pulled away a bit in the end. It sounded like a decent enough performance though still a defeat obviously but at least we put up a good fight.

Who do the u21s play now? Is it wexford or munster winners? Much tighter against derry then we'd care for it I guess but hopefully they can push on. Campbell still u21 - seems to have been about a long time.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2015, 02:01:45 PM
The minors did very well up until about 50 minutes NAH though Dublin pulled away a bit in the end. It sounded like a decent enough performance though still a defeat obviously but at least we put up a good fight.

Who do the u21s play now? Is it wexford or munster winners? Much tighter against derry then we'd care for it I guess but hopefully they can push on. Campbell still u21 - seems to have been about a long time.

Yeah Tommy
Play Wexford on 12 sept
They will be looking for revenge Imm sure from the last semi
I was following Dublin minor game on Twitter ( club commitments ) they where 4 points in it halfway into second half
Did Dublin find another's gear or did our lads tire
11 points isn't the worst beating we got
Seems to be lot of those minors will make good seniors
Sorry for going of track and asking about something relevant to the future

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2015, 02:01:45 PM

Wexford

Yeah Campbell still U21..he's been running around targeting players for years now