Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

You obviously don't no much about the whole set up.  So best you don't comment much about it!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

theskull1

Nor have I seen a single comment from SG SIE etc that acknowledge that the article in question made comments that is only going to make any conciliatory moves even harder (i.e. therefore those comments should not have been printed)

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Two Hands FFS

I do. I firmly believe that Ryan has to go however as others have pointed out Watson has constantly being slabbering in papers & Twitter. Someone who has the best interests of Antrim Hurling wouldn't do that.

Two Hands FFS

Fair play to Chrissy & Odhran for there continued super commitment to Antrim Hurling.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: theskull1 on July 24, 2015, 09:57:12 PM
Nor have I seen a single comment from SG SIE etc that acknowledge that the article in question made comments that is only going to make any conciliatory moves even harder (i.e. therefore those comments should not have been printed)
i commented to say I believe the article was 110% but he should have offered solutions. 

Sleeping giant

All the best to the antrim minors tomorrow and the management team. 

Jesusjones

We are getting there... at least on this discussion board. New manager needed who gets buy in from all sections and we'll achieve.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on July 24, 2015, 09:57:12 PM
Tell me this Skull, since you brought me into it, Why should there have to be any conciliatory moves? What went wrong, and when, and by whom? Are you admitting something is wrong?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on July 24, 2015, 11:00:33 PM
We are getting there... at least on this discussion board. New manager needed who gets buy in from all sections and we'll achieve.
I don't think anyone can argue with that JJ. Someone who actually attends games and knows the players would be a massive move forward. But don't hold your breath.  :-\

theskull1

Its one thing knowing the players SIE. Quite another getting them all to play for one another after the prolonged sniping.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on July 25, 2015, 01:46:59 AM
Its one thing knowing the players SIE. Quite another getting them all to play for one another after the prolonged sniping.
I'll reply to this after you reply to my question to you that you ignored.  ;)

Milltown Row2

So who would fill the post with all the criteria that you lot have posted?

Someone who'll get respect from players
Someone with local knowledge of the our game and players
Someone who'll be true to his word
Someone who has a realistic plan
Someone who will unite clubs and players to work together
Someone who won't t**ker too much with the leagues and want to improve them
Someone who won't have a closed door attitude and take players on to panel on merit /form
Someone who'll get full backing from county board and clubs.

Now who do you believe can fill that job description... Because all that other crap that's been posted the last few days is the reason why we are shit..... Petty quibbles, no player is bigger that the team the Alfa males within the squad need to take a look at themselves also... Players should only concentrate on conditioning themselves for county hurling and not getting involved with helping out under 21 teams or talking to newspapers. 

They just need to train hard accept the plan and realise that the manager makes the decisions based on the plan he submitted to the county board, its based on that plan/set up as to why he was chosen... For me there are too many snipers within squads who THINK they know better ffs, if you know better then apply for the fecking job or just feck off.... Can do nothing about the snipers outside of the team, that just happens
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 25, 2015, 09:36:20 AM
So who would fill the post with all the criteria that you lot have posted?

Someone who'll get respect from players
Someone with local knowledge of the our game and players
Someone who'll be true to his word
Someone who has a realistic plan
Someone who will unite clubs and players to work together
Someone who won't t**ker too much with the leagues and want to improve them
Someone who won't have a closed door attitude and take players on to panel on merit /form
Someone who'll get full backing from county board and clubs.

Now who do you believe can fill that job description... Because all that other crap that's been posted the last few days is the reason why we are shit..... Petty quibbles, no player is bigger that the team the Alfa males within the squad need to take a look at themselves also... Players should only concentrate on conditioning themselves for county hurling and not getting involved with helping out under 21 teams or talking to newspapers. 

They just need to train hard accept the plan and realise that the manager makes the decisions based on the plan he submitted to the county board, its based on that plan/set up as to why he was chosen... For me there are too many snipers within squads who THINK they know better ffs, if you know better then apply for the fecking job or just feck off.... Can do nothing about the snipers outside of the team, that just happens
I know that Kevin Ryan doesn't fit the criteria. He came with a plan. He changed it and managed to ostracise the best players from the most successful club team in the last 25 years. The alarm bells should have been ringing then. And it wasn't as if no one was saying anything.   ;)

Seamroga in exile

On another note, good luck to the minors.

Jesusjones

Who did Kevin Ryan ostracise from Dunloy?  :P