Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

We're just missing one more poster for Bingo.  :P
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

wino

'county antrim post is a gutter rag' looks like quite a few of you bought it!

Jesusjones

It costs a quid. Its a bit like The Sunday World, you buy it for the comedy value. It'll give you a laugh every Tuesday. In relation to Liam Watson's latest thoughts on Antrim's senior hurling team... I know Liam is one of the most naturally gifted hurlers ever to emerge in Ulster. When he commits and trains properly for a few months he is almost unplayable. At club level for Loughgiel he has been sensational over the last five years. His greatest moment for Antrim, the 6 excellent points from play against Cork in Croke Park, was also his a low point given he was sent off with 10 minutes to go with the game still in the melting pot. He isn't getting any younger as far as the county scene goes. If and when a new manager comes in will he commit and give 100%? Even for a full season? I'd really love to see him do it. He is happy enough to slate guys who, at 27 years of age have already given a decade of unbroken service to the county no matter what the results. No Ballymena FC, no Donegal Celtic, no transfers to Dublin or anything else. He probably has a couple of years at county level to either put up or shut up. 

imtommygunn

Sadly that game against cork was never in the melting pot!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on July 22, 2015, 07:57:55 PM

lol to be fair the article is utter nonsense. If your going to have a go then great go ahead but at least come up with a solution thats well thought out to solve the problem, not just say the obvious that everyone already knew.

I actually expected, after reading the back page, to open up and get a full interview over the two pages of all that's right and wrong in antrim hurling but that was it. A complete waste of a page. It looks like someone interviewed him as he was at the shop and asked him for a quick opinion ffs.
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 23, 2015, 09:17:42 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on July 22, 2015, 07:57:55 PM

lol to be fair the article is utter nonsense. If your going to have a go then great go ahead but at least come up with a solution thats well thought out to solve the problem, not just say the obvious that everyone already knew.

I actually expected, after reading the back page, to open up and get a full interview over the two pages of all that's right and wrong in antrim hurling but that was it. A complete waste of a page. It looks like someone interviewed him as he was at the shop and asked him for a quick opinion ffs.
the point being that not every one accepts there's anything wrong.

cfclg

I agree that its not much of an interview and we all know winkers written/spoken word leaves a lot to be desired but I'm glad that they ran with this article. The reason I'm glad is that we (on here) all know what the issues are (as pointed out by Liam) but there are a lot of people in this county who are totally unaware of what's going on. They need to be reminded and the more times people tell them about the problems and source of the problems within this county the quicker we can all get together, change it and move forward.

Sleeping giant

Point being a lot of people are happy to bury the head in the sand because Liam isn't well liked in parts of the county.   But I'll give the artical 10/10 for stating facts.  Maybe so he should have went on and gave a few solutions.   No doubt he'd have a few worth listening to with him being a good hurling man.  But sure we will be back to reading about the happy campers next year and all the sand hogs will be happy again.  :o
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

WTF u on about?

Tbh the article was spot on and there was no lies told so how anybody can slag winker for tellin the truth I don't know. Don't think the solutions to the countys problems are rocket science either just basically gettin the whole senior set up organised properly and have someone with enough foresight to think for themselves and look past the petty jealousies that exist between our clubs. As for the county Antrim post whilst it's hurling coverage at times mightn't be wholly accurate it's prob the only paper in Antrim that gives us any decent coverage( Belfast prob has andytown news). Not bad for a quid!

Na Glinntí Glasa

no ones having a go at Liam for the what he said, its the article in general that were having a go at.

its starts off as this be all and end all of statements revealing all about the state of Antrim hurling but instead it was the same old stuff we have all heard before. If they wanted to do it right then get his opinions on how to put it right or his perception of the way forward.

It was a poor article that was my point.

I would be interested to hear various opinions on the way forward rather than become stagnant on the past.
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

Some of you must have lifted a different paper than me. He didn't make one single useful or insightful comment in the entire article. I don't think anyone is burying their head in the sand. Antrim hurling people know we had a terrible season, we know the way we are coached and the way we played needs to chance to get back into 1B and The Liam Mc Carthy. We need a new manager at the helm no doubt about that. At the start of next season we'll have players willing to put their shoulder to the wheel for the good of our county. Will Liam The Messiah, the oracle of all hurling knowledge  be one of them? I wouldn't hold my breath...

Sleeping giant

Sure anything he said was correct?  No??  Your a fool, full of hatred!!!  That's the problem.  Sure Captain fantastic is laughable to most outside of your own little town. There, he is high and mighty and truth be told, he's been there yes, but what the f**k has he ever done that's so outstanding for antrim hurling??
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

It's good to have you back JJ, now you've more time on your hands.  ;)

theskull1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 23, 2015, 10:26:13 PM
Sure anything he said was correct?  No??  Your a fool, full of hatred!!!  That's the problem.  Sure Captain fantastic is laughable to most outside of your own little town. There, he is high and mighty and truth be told, he's been there yes, but what the f**k has he ever done that's so outstanding for antrim hurling??

The hot headed response of an immature child,

Some maturity in these discussions wouldn't go amiss but it would appear parochial loyality and petty squabbles is the order of the day for some. Happy to keep the trade going.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Jesusjones

If we had more with his attitude and commitment we might be in a better place than we are now. There is a group of players, Neil Mc Manus, Arron Graffin, Neil Mc Auley, Shorty, boys like that who have given everything they had to Antrim over the past 9-10 years. You can ask no more from anyone. Have we got the results we wanted? No but the fellas I have mentioned are certainly not the problem. I hope Liam Watson recovers from his injury and along with a few other Loughgiel lads, commits and hurls for our county next year. They'd make a difference.