8. Cathal mcmullan loughgeil
9. Keelan Malloy Dunloy
10. James McNaughton loughgeil
11. Christmas McNaughton Cushendall
12. Conor Patterson oisins
13. Conal Cunning Dunloy
14. Jack Daniels Sarsfields
15. Ryan McKee loughgeil

Thanks for that. Some nice players involved. There are def a few notable absentees.
A good win. Derry will be tougher opposition I expect.

No Slaughtneil players listed on the derry panel seems unusual, bound to have a couple at county standard??

AFAIK Slaughtneil have some issue with the Derry set up and arent fully engaged at the moment

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on June 29, 2015, 09:02:18 AM
Every individual has a right to make their own decisions but there's a strangely poor representation from some areas and I'm wondering what's behind it?

I'm counting 0 players from #cpc #allirelandchampions

Is that because #theyactuallybelievetheyredifferent?

Maybe reading it wrong but has there been an unintended consequence of the messages being pumped into that talented bunch of players?

So much for competitive schools helping to strengthen county team.

Plenty of decent minor teams this year IMO so the strength in depth means we can still put out a good side.

Thank the lord that seems to have irritated more than just me then  ;)

Think I would have to agree with you on this one Skull might not have been the intention of CPC but it definitely looks like a bit of a spin off unfortunately.

Two Hands FFS

Some of the better CPC players would be overage for minor

Na Glinntí Glasa

our game yday v st Galls was poor enough. Thought the ref was a bit over fussy with the fouls that were being called. It wasnt as bad as the Lgiel game the previous sat night mind you. We made hard work of it but did enough to get the win.

whos the st galls keeper by the way. hes completely nuts lol he spent half the time running up over the 21 yrd line playing one twos with the st galls players! lol he was pure entertainment value
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

JC good win for down at the weekend. Derry were expecting to challenge for ulster i think.

I assume there's a typo and the CHF is not really called christmas ;-)

A few familiar surnames on that team.

btdtgtt

Every individual has a right to make their own decisions but there's a strangely poor representation from some areas and I'm wondering what's behind it?

Maybe reading it wrong but has there been an unintended consequence of the messages being pumped into that talented bunch of players?

Plenty of decent minor teams this year IMO so the strength in depth means we can still put out a good side.

Interesting points - issues issues issues when hurling should be the only issue.
Young lads far too quick to have an opinion of themselves nowadays and/or adults using them for their own agenda.
I can't get my head round a lad of minor age not playing.

Cromagh

Sorry Skull - wrong on both accounts.

Number 12 Conor Patterson is CPC. Plus a few others on the panel. So certainly no agenda from CPC. As someone else mentioned alot of CPC players are not minors. As for the lad who hasnt committed - thats personal choice i assume. But certainly no agendas or message being put out not to play for Antrim.

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2015, 10:16:28 AM
JC good win for down at the weekend. Derry were expecting to challenge for ulster i think.

I assume there's a typo and the CHF is not really called christmas ;-)

A few familiar surnames on that team.

Yeah, good enough win, but may well come up short in a week or so's time. Good to see the three main forwards doing the scoring on Sunday were are our lads who're going well for the club.

I think we're playing the Dall in a friendly this Sunday..

theskull1

Quote from: Cromagh on June 29, 2015, 12:05:11 PM

Number 12 Conor Patterson is CPC. Plus a few others on the panel. So certainly no agenda from CPC. As someone else mentioned alot of CPC players are not minors. As for the lad who hasnt committed - thats personal choice i assume. But certainly no agendas or message being put out not to play for Antrim.

Thanks for that clarification Cromagh. Wrongly assumed the young lad Patterson was St Killians. Also young Diarmaid McShane came off the bench as well. Just to clarify something myself though.... an agenda is something that is planned .... I suggested an unintended consequences...2 very different things.

Is the full list on minor panelists available anywhere?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tony Baloney

Quote from: theskull1 on June 29, 2015, 01:05:22 PM

Thanks for that clarification Cromagh. Wrongly assumed the young lad Patterson was St Killians. Also young Diarmaid McShane came off the bench as well. Just to clarify something myself though.... an agenda is something that is planned .... I suggested an unintended consequences...2 very different things.

I don't know what messages you are talking about but maybe the message from the school or parents is that the lads have had a long year playing for the school, then club and adding to that mix A-levels so dropping county minor is sensible. I don't know, but on one hand we can't talk about player burnout (especially when playing multiple grades at club, school and then county) and then question their commitment if they don't play on every team going.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 29, 2015, 01:59:44 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on June 29, 2015, 01:05:22 PM

I don't know what messages you are talking about but maybe the message from the school or parents is that the lads have had a long year playing for the school, then club and adding to that mix A-levels so dropping county minor is sensible. I don't know, but on one hand we can't talk about player burnout (especially when playing multiple grades at club, school and then county) and then question their commitment if they don't play on every team going.

Are we talking about 17/18 year olds? Has the world went mad ffs!! Burn out is what happens in your 60's ffs! you can train and play away and provided its proper training  and diet then a lad of that age can be playing 3/4 games a week. its an amateur sport that most kids will probably stop playing mid 20's and its not down to 'burn out' its down to women/drink/drugs and can't be arsed syndrome
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Well I'm starting with the assumptions that
A) Every school catering to this age group does A levels (or leaving certs)
B) Focus on developing and maintaining competitive school teams form part of successfully counties ongoing development structures

Strange mentioning burn out when the majority of that starting minor team are dual players.

btdtgtt

Thanks for that MR2.
I couldn't agree more!

Hand up

It would be fact that Cassidy in CPC is has been less than helpful behind the scene , not so much in public,  again as stated in previous posts another manager getting his pound of flesh for his own CV, less about player development.
The County Management are sensible men and have accomadated players from the clubs and nursed them through as best as possible so I'm my mine there is no excuse good enough!!

theskull1

I'm not throwing specific accusations in any direction as I have none to throw. It just stood out as an anomaly to me