Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getevennotcross

Quote from: Hand up on June 26, 2015, 10:14:20 PM
Well Reddog, what are the plans for tomorrow's match? Will it be your now usual bad  behaviour, or will you be coming to Hurl?  We have spoken with our management who promise not to play Campbell in Defense in case he has to mark any of your superstars, esp the most natural hurler in Ulster!!!
On our side I'd say we are well short, injuries and a few on Hols. Being a hurling fan I hope it's a good game without our water boy acting the dick and your clown shutting his mouth.

Does anybody know what the turnout was at County training the other night, any new blood?
Yeah, the good news is CJ has had a blood transfusion, the bad news is they have not found a brain to match it! Rumour is also, all the Johnnies players are having their mouths duct taped, oops!  And all the Cushendall players are going to wear ear muffs - Problem sorted, simples!  Fitzy is then going to borrow the duct tape for next Saturday for CJ  and the Fermanagh players want to borrow the ear muffs.

Hand up

Thanks Shoebox, some good talent at u21s, pity big Donal Nugent away in US he would be a very useful addition,
Any news on The McQuillans management story?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: getevennotcross on June 26, 2015, 10:22:19 PM
Quote from: Hand up on June 26, 2015, 10:14:20 PM
Well Reddog, what are the plans for tomorrow's match? Will it be your now usual bad  behaviour, or will you be coming to Hurl?  We have spoken with our management who promise not to play Campbell in Defense in case he has to mark any of your superstars, esp the most natural hurler in Ulster!!!
On our side I'd say we are well short, injuries and a few on Hols. Being a hurling fan I hope it's a good game without our water boy acting the dick and your clown shutting his mouth.

Does anybody know what the turnout was at County training the other night, any new blood?
Yeah, the good news is CJ has had a blood transfusion, the bad news is they have not found a brain to match it! Rumour is also, all the Johnnies players are having their mouths duct taped, oops!  And all the Cushendall players are going to wear ear muffs - Problem sorted, simples!  Fitzy is then going to borrow the duct tape for next Saturday for CJ  and the Fermanagh players want to borrow the ear muffs.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Franko

Quote from: getevennotcross on June 26, 2015, 10:14:01 PM
Quote from: Franko on June 26, 2015, 08:55:26 AM
Quote from: getevennotcross on June 25, 2015, 07:34:44 PM
Quote from: Franko on June 25, 2015, 02:15:34 PM
The player he said it to heard it, players on the opposing team heard it, players on the St John's team heard it, the St John's subs heard it and his own mother heard it.  The debate as to whether or not it was said is over.

Reddog your lies on here trying to weasel out of it make you as big a disgrace as he is.
My goodness, the county secretary has spoken.  Glad to see you have brought closure to the debate and confirmed that the Cushendall player actually said what he said.

I'm not sure you're following...
Have no fear Franko, I'm following all right, just dandy!

Yer not ye know... never give an idiot an audience...

Leyland

Quote from: Hand up on June 26, 2015, 11:23:24 PM
Thanks Shoebox, some good talent at u21s, pity big Donal Nugent away in US he would be a very useful addition,
Any news on The McQuillans management story?

A few names mentioned but nothing confirmed as far as I know.

The players have been training themselves with big numbers out - a lot of lads training who wouldn't for humpy!

I have heard - Bamba, hippy, Kojak and big Ronan donnelly all mentioned. No matter who I just hope players committ. Our committe need to realise that you just can't appoint anyone and expect results. I hope they do the right thing.

Seamroga in exile

I went to school with Bamba and Ronan. Fine fellows they are. Club men to the core. I don't understand why the players didn't come out for Humpy.  :-\

Leyland

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 27, 2015, 01:15:22 PM
I went to school with Bamba and Ronan. Fine fellows they are. Club men to the core. I don't understand why the players didn't come out for Humpy.  :-\

Would agree with you - humpy is a club man to the core too. Genuinely disappointed for him as he is a great fella and wanted to succeed. I won't go into specifics but unfortunately we have a few influential men in the club and one In particular who wants to control everything. And as a result I fear the next appointment might again be someone who he can dictate/control. Like I said previous I hope we appoint the best man for the job.

Starting to get into the serious part of the season now - championship is 7-8 weeks away. It's a two horse race AGAIN - Loughgiel and Cushendall. Loughgiel will def be favs but Cushendall won't roll over to them come semi final time. A lot will depend on loughgiels hunger and whether Mr Watson is able to regain some of his old magic. They severely missed him and Benny NcCarry last year

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Leyland on June 27, 2015, 01:44:14 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 27, 2015, 01:15:22 PM

Would agree with you - humpy is a club man to the core too. Genuinely disappointed for him as he is a great fella and wanted to succeed. I won't go into specifics but unfortunately we have a few influential men in the club and one In particular who wants to control everything. And as a result I fear the next appointment might again be someone who he can dictate/control. Like I said previous I hope we appoint the best man for the job.

Starting to get into the serious part of the season now - championship is 7-8 weeks away. It's a two horse race AGAIN - Loughgiel and Cushendall. Loughgiel will def be favs but Cushendall won't roll over to them come semi final time. A lot will depend on loughgiels hunger and whether Mr Watson is able to regain some of his old magic. They severely missed him and Benny NcCarry last year

I seen a quote like that for when Ballycastle where being touted at under 21 semi finalists the other week  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: getevennotcross on June 27, 2015, 09:26:16 AM
Quote from: Franko on June 27, 2015, 01:24:54 AM
Quote from: getevennotcross on June 26, 2015, 10:14:01 PM
Quote from: Franko on June 26, 2015, 08:55:26 AM
Quote from: getevennotcross on June 25, 2015, 07:34:44 PM
Quote from: Franko on June 25, 2015, 02:15:34 PM
The player he said it to heard it, players on the opposing team heard it, players on the St John's team heard it, the St John's subs heard it and his own mother heard it.  The debate as to whether or not it was said is over.

Reddog your lies on here trying to weasel out of it make you as big a disgrace as he is.
My goodness, the county secretary has spoken.  Glad to see you have brought closure to the debate and confirmed that the Cushendall player actually said what he said.

I'm not sure you're following...
Have no fear Franko, I'm following all right, just dandy!

Yer not ye know... never give an idiot an audience...
Oh believe me I am. Bloody marvellous eh. You not sleeping nights either I see,  your audience will all be in bed after  1.00 a.m.

Whatever floats yer boat laddyo

Two Hands FFS

St John's by a point. Both teams missing players. Clean game

Hand up

It was a poor game with only 1/2 incidents really, Cuts pull on Carson was a joke, the red gave a Yellow when he one handed pulled of the side of his helmet!! Don't understand the refs thinking. But other than that St Johns did deserve to win. Cushendall where not at it although missing Niel, Graffin, Shane, Ryan, Natty, Sean, David ,Sean Mc Afee, Christy, McClaff, and the Jonnies also missing a host, ''twas more like a reserve match. Bradley didn't make it funny enough, although he was in with Wee Joe denying all!! Also heard a High Profile Dall member reported for calling wee Jackie a Monkey FFs!!
after the antics of them!!
On The Town, Big Ronan is s good man manager although doing a lot with the kids, he also has a big company now so time a problem , would Bamba have the players respect? What about Robin Clarke?

Jesusjones

Who is wee Jackie? Our game against St. Johns was poor enough. Simon McCrory bossed the match from start to finish, we had nobody that could deal with him. Even with all the missing players we are off the pace at the minute, need to get it together quickly or Loughgiel will win the championship at a canter.

Last Man

Our prospective county chairperson.

hurlingstick

Is Loughiel v Ballycran on today @ 3.30PM?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on June 28, 2015, 09:35:18 AM
Who is wee Jackie? Our game against St. Johns was poor enough. Simon McCrory bossed the match from start to finish, we had nobody that could deal with him. Even with all the missing players we are off the pace at the minute, need to get it together quickly or Loughgiel will win the championship at a canter.
::) lol