Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Do the 2 teams meet on Sunday in Cushendall?

hurlingstick

Are Cushendal and Loughiel playing full teams tonight (minus injuries)? Don't want to make the journey if they're not!

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: hurlingstick on June 24, 2015, 05:29:31 PM
Are Cushendal and Loughiel playing full teams tonight (minus injuries)? Don't want to make the journey if they're not!
It's a reserve match

hurlingstick

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on June 24, 2015, 05:33:22 PM
It's a reserve match

You've just saved me a journey. I was thinking it was Feis cup. Carey v Cloughmills is Feis cup.

reddog

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 24, 2015, 04:26:26 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on June 24, 2015, 04:16:06 PM
Quote from: reddog on June 24, 2015, 03:50:46 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on June 24, 2015, 03:26:55 PM
reddog ....... whatever happened ... its pretty hard to believe how anyone could event make up what he is being accused of saying.

Have you any theories about how the disjoint between the accuser and the accused has came about? Are you inferring that accuser is deliberately making it up? After being provoked himself did he say something that may have been totally misinterpreted do you think? If not these reasons...whats your take on it?

Being a decent guy doesn't make you incapable of moments of stupidity BTW.
By using your vast knowledge of the English language you are not making your argument more valid. These are the same people who famously struck Michael across the chest with a hurl before the ball was even thrown in. I am not inferring anything. Two sides are claiming the opposite. I know Michael well and yes people can make mistakes but because what was claimed was so bad it does not automatically follow that it happened. There are nobody but cdall ones claiming it happened. These are the same ones who kicked Michael when he thrown into the line and fell. This is the same line whose manager fell like a woman when not touched to try and get Michael sent off. This is the same team who targeted Michael by lining out E  Campbell for some bizarre reason. These are the same lads who referred to the colour of st johns player's skin and the same people who taunted Michael over his private life. So do I believe Michael. YES
Targetted Bradley by lining out E.Campbell on him?
It's cos Bradley is the most naturally talented hurler in the province. Plus Eoghan has been playing Half back for the senior team recently.

I actually laughed at that part.

If he did it then he needs to grow a set and apologize and stop acting like a child. If he didn't then the other fella needs to grow a set as well.

simple as.

Quote from: reddogIts for people with chips on their shoulder who aren't good enough to do anything on the pitch

this made me laugh even more. Your starting to form opinions of people on here whom i know have done waaaaaaay more than you ever will have both on and off a pitch.
its nice to know you know me lad

Bonamargy

Quote from: hurlingstick on June 24, 2015, 05:37:15 PM
It's a reserve match

You've just saved me a journey. I was thinking it was Feis cup. Carey v Cloughmills is Feis cup.

Who won the Feis semi final between Carey and Cloughmills?

Jesusjones

We'll have to remember not to select Eoghan Campbell ever again. We'd be accused of targeting fellas every Sunday. 

Leftbackno4

I have enjoyed the many and varied opinions shared on this board over the years, agreeing with some and disagreeing with others and everyone is entitled to an opinion (they're like arseh*les - everyone got one) but in the aftermath of a well contested U21 final I thought a line had been crossed when a player was named and shamed as a guilty party and a small number of individuals were happy to act as judge jury and executioner on one mans uncorroborated second hand account.

It speaks volumes that 'auld hand' is happy to name names on the St John's team but is very shy about putting the name of the Dall mentor ( 30ish year old water boy !) who threw himself to the ground clutching his face without being touched in a bad parity of what's usually seen on MOTD as the worst excesses of cheating foreign soccer players, in a failed attempt to have a St. John's man sent off. In my opinion this only served to galvanise the Johnnies who clawed back a 6 point deficit to 1 in the remainder of the half.

I'm sure the person in question on reflection probably regrets his action in the heat of the moment and on reflection I wouldn't like his name more widely known as further uneducated opinion may be unjustly formed.

For the integrity of this opinion board, unless you seen or heard it yourself and especially if it's a serious allegation that will see a person, club or competition  brought into disrepute leave names out of it. Contributors after-all have their anonymity. If you saw it or heard it first hand by all means let us all know what you seen or heard.

In this particular case I actually think the CCC and due process is the best way to deal with.

I hope my next post might be about hurling  :)

hurlingstick

Quote from: Bonamargy on June 24, 2015, 09:31:14 PM
It's a reserve match

Cloughmills by a point. Last puck of the game.

Bonamargy

Quote from: hurlingstick on June 24, 2015, 09:53:58 PM
It's a reserve match

Cloughmills by a point. Last puck of the game.

Thanks Hurlingstick

paddyjohn

It's a reserve match

C'Mills by a point. 2-12 to 2-11 I think.

Bonamargy

Quote from: paddyjohn on June 24, 2015, 10:27:28 PM
It's a reserve match

C'Mills by a point. 2-12 to 2-11 I think.

Thanks

cushendall

Yes I am from cushendall, but the fact that some people have no disregard for what was said in the under 21 one match, and on Father's Day off all days, to compare it with our water boy falling is ridiculous, it was heard by spectators, it has no place anywhere especially not in gaa, I also find it hard to believe that any of our players were involved in any racial comments as it also happened in our own club, and infact to one off the players in our u21 team

Milltown Row2

Good win for us tonight against the best team in Ulster
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Leftbackno4 on June 24, 2015, 09:44:35 PM
I have enjoyed the many and varied opinions shared on this board over the years, agreeing with some and disagreeing with others and everyone is entitled to an opinion (they're like arseh*les - everyone got one) but in the aftermath of a well contested U21 final I thought a line had been crossed when a player was named and shamed as a guilty party and a small number of individuals were happy to act as judge jury and executioner on one mans uncorroborated second hand account.

It speaks volumes that 'auld hand' is happy to name names on the St John's team but is very shy about putting the name of the Dall mentor ( 30ish year old water boy !) who threw himself to the ground clutching his face without being touched in a bad parity of what's usually seen on MOTD as the worst excesses of cheating foreign soccer players, in a failed attempt to have a St. John's man sent off. In my opinion this only served to galvanise the Johnnies who clawed back a 6 point deficit to 1 in the remainder of the half.

I'm sure the person in question on reflection probably regrets his action in the heat of the moment and on reflection I wouldn't like his name more widely known as further uneducated opinion may be unjustly formed.

For the integrity of this opinion board, unless you seen or heard it yourself and especially if it's a serious allegation that will see a person, club or competition  brought into disrepute leave names out of it. Contributors after-all have their anonymity. If you saw it or heard it first hand by all means let us all know what you seen or heard.

In this particular case I actually think the CCC and due process is the best way to deal with.

I hope my next post might be about hurling  :)
You do realise that there are witnesses. Some of the Cushendall supporters were aware of the comment at half time.
The Cushendall Waterboy has been spoken too. That is fact. His actions were very poor but as stated..him trying to getting a player is hardly comparable to a player mocking the death of someone's father.
He's only made it worse for himself. He should have apologised & everyone could have moved on.