Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

What Mark are we referring to hear lads just to make sure we are on the same page - Armoy?

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dualta Duane on June 22, 2015, 02:05:13 PM
innocent until proven guilty but no smoke without fire as my granny would have said.
It'll be an interesting encounter when these two teams meet again in snr hurling league on Sunday (fixtures have them down to play eachother) An all ticket event!!!
I remember in the 90's and 00's a certain Rossa player getting sledged for years everytime he played against St Johns about family members. Stuff was said that should never have been said and it happened time and time again. Not a thing ever done about. No need for it but not surprised it's happening. a little bit of hype about at national football level this year so it's on people's minds and you'll find a couple of smart @rses thinking that they gain an advantage by resorting to it.
On the issue of the referee - he's been very consistent in the games i've seen him ref this year and agree with MR2 (as a spectator and consumer of our games) he's one of the best we've got at the minute.

Not at all picking them out as I've praised them even recently but the Johnnies do have form with stuff like this - and at underage level also.
As I said, speaking to some of them they are aware of it.
I don't think it does St Johns any credit to shift the argument at all.
There's been an issue with how the club (players/mentors/supports) behave.
It has happened before.
St Johns need to deal with it.
The club's name suffers around the county more than once with things like this.

reddog

Quote from: doodaa on June 22, 2015, 01:52:53 PM
Quote from: reddog on June 22, 2015, 08:58:06 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on June 21, 2015, 11:40:08 PM
Id say he's more of an ejit than anything else.  Away and catch yourself on. He's a sc**bag in my book for saying what he said.  No place for it in any sport. And if you wanna try and take away from it or stand up for what WAS said.  Your not far behind.
Hold on. I am not defending what was said. I am
Defending the person as you have wrongly judged him without knowing him. I dare say we have all had a club mate who has done something wrong but you know it's out of character . If mick has said this it's wrong but it is out of character. Does his mum and dad need to see this. He's a good lad who hurling means everything . Also there is innocent until proven guilty. I am guessing there has been a campaign of retaliation and abuse last night on social media as his a account has been deleted. We all know how dangerous this can be. It makes people no better . I'm not a naomh eoin man

Perhaps the accused should have thought about the bit in bold before saying what he has reportedly said?
And also spared a thought for the impact it would have on the fella he said it to.
Missing the point . Of course people are thinking of the guy who had to endure it but what happens next is imp. I dare say Facebook was deleted because of abuse. Cyber bullying is dangerous and can have dreadful consequences

getevennotcross

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 22, 2015, 02:17:14 PM
innocent until proven guilty but no smoke without fire as my granny would have said.
It'll be an interesting encounter when these two teams meet again in snr hurling league on Sunday (fixtures have them down to play eachother) An all ticket event!!!
I remember in the 90's and 00's a certain Rossa player getting sledged for years everytime he played against St Johns about family members. Stuff was said that should never have been said and it happened time and time again. Not a thing ever done about. No need for it but not surprised it's happening. a little bit of hype about at national football level this year so it's on people's minds and you'll find a couple of smart @rses thinking that they gain an advantage by resorting to it.
On the issue of the referee - he's been very consistent in the games i've seen him ref this year and agree with MR2 (as a spectator and consumer of our games) he's one of the best we've got at the minute.

Not at all picking them out as I've praised them even recently but the Johnnies do have form with stuff like this - and at underage level also.
It has happened before.
Its self inflicted and they feel they are being persecuted.  St. Johns have been notorious for this type of nonsense for years. The have sullied the game and name of this county for years.  They need to deal with it.  Bradley in my view should go face to face with the Cushendall lad and apologise.  Should he get a belt in the gob for his troubles, all well and good.  Should he not be man enough, admit what he done and apologise face to face, he's nothing but an utter sc**bag!  Equally, anyone who condones such behaviour is also a sc**bag!

Na Glinntí Glasa

jes you only think we have bother. Taken from the waterford championship between Mount Sion and Dungarvan. Complete animals.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DbgwwwzIaCI
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Gees that's rough. One of them boys should never be allowed to play again- he just chopped the no 15 down the back of his neck with the hurl !

Na Glinntí Glasa

its brutal. apparently he was out cold completely after it. The fella that hit no15 was taking a battering and then lashed at the first person he seen. Brutal stuff. Wont do Waterford Munster title hopes any favours
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: getevennotcross on June 22, 2015, 02:28:28 PM

It has happened before.
Its self inflicted and they feel they are being persecuted.  St. Johns have been notorious for this type of nonsense for years. The have sullied the game and name of this county for years.  They need to deal with it.  Bradley in my view should go face to face with the Cushendall lad and apologise.  Should he get a belt in the gob for his troubles, all well and good.  Should he not be man enough, admit what he done and apologise face to face, he's nothing but an utter sc**bag!  Equally, anyone who condones such behaviour is also a sc**bag!

Hard to argue with that!

Gleeson got the line in that free-for-all. Be interesting to see the suspensions but I've a feeling it won't harm the Waterford camp otherwise.

Seamroga in exile

Any truth in the stories emanating out of ballycastle about their management team?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Leyland

Unfortunately yes. management team stepped down - some yesterday and the manager this morning. It's bad bad times. I could say more but won't. Feel sorry for the players - although humpy was just out of his depth. A really decent fella but not a manager.
Bonamargy probably knows the whole story.

God knows what happens now.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Leyland on June 22, 2015, 07:58:11 PM
Unfortunately yes. management team stepped down - some yesterday and the manager this morning. It's bad bad times. I could say more but won't. Feel sorry for the players - although humpy was just out of his depth. A really decent fella but not a manager.
Bonamargy probably knows the whole story.

God knows what happens now.

Out of his depth? Seems a bit strong? has management background with minor and development squads... Had conversation with someone the other day about realistic targets by clubs, players and management... For me it simply boils down to commitment if the club/players/management are committed then you can actually achieve realistic targets and grow from there.. If one of those 3 fail to put the shoulder behind the wheel then you are fecked.

Ballycastle is an enigma so many good players over the years that only us a small club at hurling would love to have
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

getevennotcross

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 22, 2015, 06:13:09 PM
Quote from: getevennotcross on June 22, 2015, 02:28:28 PM

It has happened before.

Hard to argue with that!

Gleeson got the line in that free-for-all. Be interesting to see the suspensions but I've a feeling it won't harm the Waterford camp otherwise.
Absolute disgrace.  The sad thing is that there are those who would condone that sort of physical assault on a player.  Gleeson a fine hurler, but the game can certainly do without individuals who resort to such savagery, despite their prowess!  GBH in my view, people have been at the magistrate court for less.

Bonamargy

I won't speculate because I don't know the full facts about what has gone on. I am disappointed how things have worked out for Humpy. He is a good hurling man and gave it his all.

Glentaisie

Quote from: Bonamargy on June 22, 2015, 08:14:27 PM
I won't speculate because I don't know the full facts about what has gone on. I am disappointed how things have worked out for Humpy. He is a good hurling man and gave it his all.

Yes. I've heard conflicting accounts going back some time now, so I'll not comment on that but I'm gutted and I don't think I'll be going anywhere to watch Ballycastle for a while. 
Maybe if they get to a championship final *ironic laughs*

Leyland

Totally agree - a real gentleman and loves hurling. Unfortunately other credentials needed though. Players have to take their share of Blame. No winners in any of it.