Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 10, 2015, 09:42:33 PM
Where are the results at for div 1? Not on county website...

Johnney not as tight as you thought.

Edit: d'oh scroll down...

Weren't sure how our young team would fare away from home on a Wednesday evening at a team who are going rightly, but they're gradually building confidence as the year goes on after the pitiful performances we put in last year.

Div2 may have been a blessing in disguise, but two years (minimum) could become a hindrance. St Galls  ;) and Clooney will lift the standard a bit next year and if we're good enough we'll get out of it, if we're not, we won't and we'll deserve to be there.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on June 10, 2015, 09:58:15 PM
Much better performance from us tonight but still lucky enough to get the 2 points. We probably shaded it over all but Dunloy hit the post with a free in the last second.

Draw would have been fair
Considering the point that never was but no real complaints about result
Can you tell what our free taker done wrong on the 65 to turn it into a throw ball

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 11, 2015, 09:53:01 AM
Much better performance from us tonight but still lucky enough to get the 2 points. We probably shaded it over all but Dunloy hit the post with a free in the last second.

Can you tell what our free taker done wrong on the 65 to turn it into a throw ball

Great result for Rossa!
Shocking run of results for Dunloy?
Just noticed we are stuck with bog ball on the box this weekend - and I can't make any club hurling.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 11, 2015, 11:23:22 AM

Great result for Rossa!
Just noticed we are stuck with bog ball on the box this weekend - and I can't make any club hurling.

Great result for Rossa and that will seal ours and Clooney Gaels fate.....Rossa fighting on both fronts at senior, the glory days are back it seems... but in fairness the Johnnies, ourselves and Rossa doing rightly as dual clubs go, bar Dublin super clubs there wouldn't be too many clubs playing in Div one in both codes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oakleafgael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 11, 2015, 11:54:55 AM

Great result for Rossa!

Great result for Rossa and that will seal ours and Clooney Gaels fate.....Rossa fighting on both fronts at senior, the glory days are back it seems... but in fairness the Johnnies, ourselves and Rossa doing rightly as dual clubs go, bar Dublin super clubs there wouldn't be too many clubs playing in Div one in both codes

Slaughtneil make a right good go of it, as do Lavey and Dungiven.

NAG1

Quote from: oakleafgael on June 11, 2015, 12:14:50 PM

Great result for Rossa!

Are Dungiven not two seperate clubs?  ;) Better not let any of the Kevin Lynches men hear you calling them Dungiven be war sur.

oakleafgael

Quote from: NAG1 on June 11, 2015, 12:17:43 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on June 11, 2015, 12:14:50 PM

Great result for Rossa!

Are Dungiven not two seperate clubs?  ;) Better not let any of the Kevin Lynches men hear you calling them Dungiven be war sur.

They are indeed NAG, but only when it suits them!

btdtgtt

The Dublin super clubs operate more or less from two separate panels with a sprinkling of dual players - such is their luxury.
There is only eight hurling clubs in Derry and parish advantage helps also most of the gaa is in south Derry so it's a cluster rather than the miles our clubs need to cover for games. I think both help.
I do believe the city clubs deserve credit for fostering both codes in challenging environments.
That said - it's not the same as actually winning trophies!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 11, 2015, 05:55:07 PM
The Dublin super clubs operate more or less from two separate panels with a sprinkling of dual players - such is their luxury.
There is only eight hurling clubs in Derry and parish advantage helps also most of the gaa is in south Derry so it's a cluster rather than the miles our clubs need to cover for games. I think both help.
I do believe the city clubs deserve credit for fostering both codes in challenging environments.
That said - it's not the same as actually winning trophies!

We've won the odd championship  :o. Lacking a single hurling one though :'(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Agreed MR2 - I was talking about hurling.
Sure anyone can kick a football  ;)

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 11, 2015, 10:13:48 PM

ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Bonamargy

Predictions for this weekend: I don't see too many tight games apart from St Johns V Ballycran and Dunloy V ourselves. What do you think?

Division 1
Loughgiel V Portaferry - Loughgiel by 5
Clooney V Rossa - Rossa by 6
St John's V Ballycran - Ballycran by 3
Cushendall V St Galls - Cushendall by 10
Dunloy V Mac Uilin - Town by 2

Division 2
Creggan V St Paul's - Creggan by 15
Sarsfields V Carey - Sarsfields by 8
Cloughmills V Armoy - Cloughmills by 6
Cushendun V Gortnamona - Gortnamona by 7
Glenariffe V Ballygalget - Ballygalget by 7

Na Glinntí Glasa

Dont see any tight games this weekend IMO. i dont think we will beat Ballycastle from what ive seen this year and we play Lgiel next week as well. Oh joy! haha

Division 1
Loughgiel V Portaferry - Loughgiel by 10
Clooney V Rossa - Rossa by 6
St John's V Ballycran - Ballycran by 6
Cushendall V St Galls - Cushendall by 10
Dunloy V Mac Uilin - Town by 6
hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 11, 2015, 10:36:08 PM

Sure, so many of them have taken the 'Foot' out of football they no longer need to kick it.  So a lot of them in my experience cant kick the ball either.

btdtgtt

Quote from: getevennotcross on June 12, 2015, 04:49:21 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 11, 2015, 10:36:08 PM

Sure, so many of them have taken the 'Foot' out of football they no longer need to kick it.  So a lot of them in my experience cant kick the ball either.

True. Just don't say that on the football thread!