Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah it seemed to be very slow in the execution. I dont like those short puck outs, hate them with a passion. I understand retaining possession all the time but not if it puts your defense under pressure.

Good to see Paudie shivers back again. Him and Paudie Conlon did well in the middle of the park. Paudie C will develop into a good strong player if he keeps going.

Nigel is also another good assest to have on the side line when hes fully fit and the more games Sean Dowds get the better.

Lgiel def look to be the pace setters in Antrim at the moment and they aren't playing at full strength yet. The clubs centenary has the bit between their teeth to win the Vol cup maybe?
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 14, 2015, 01:39:28 PM
yeah it seemed to be very slow in the execution. I dont like those short puck outs, hate them with a passion. I understand retaining possession all the time but not if it puts your defense under pressure.

Good to see Paudie shivers back again. Him and Paudie Conlon did well in the middle of the park. Paudie C will develop into a good strong player if he keeps going.

Nigel is also another good assest to have on the side line when hes fully fit and the more games Sean Dowds get the better.

Lgiel def look to be the pace setters in Antrim at the moment and they aren't playing at full strength yet. The clubs centenary has the bit between their teeth to win the Vol cup maybe?

Can't see them being beat. They're back to the form of 2 years ago. The only difference is they are missing the best player in Antrim..... Benny McCarry.

Na Glinntí Glasa

best player? lol theres a debate and a half!

Bennys a good lad and a damn good hurler. The longer hes in Australia the better! lol

Lgiel def look to be the pace setters so far, although is bringing back players of a certain age a good thing in the long run? be interesting to see how they get on through the season.

I also see PJ is back, again.
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Yeah, see that. More interestingly I see they have someone who for me is arguably the best Antrim player of the last 30 years or more, on their line.... Beaver McCarry. Absolute legend.

Yeah I know what you're saying with regards to aged players. I'm assuming there is a big drive to win the Volunteer cup for the centenary and therefore they must be asking themselves 'can players like Martin and Joey help them win it this year?' Martin looked quite comfortable last night although he came off. Joey only played a little while 2nd half and even though I'd say his best days are behind him he still has something to offer. What age is Joey?

north aontroim gael

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 14, 2015, 02:45:19 PM

Can't see them being beat. They're back to the form of 2 years ago. The only difference is they are missing the best player in Antrim..... Benny McCarry.

Benny was certainly a valuable asset for our senior team for a few years but I think that is maybe over egging it.

hurlingstick

Quote from: north aontroim gael on May 14, 2015, 04:32:57 PM

Benny was certainly a valuable asset for our senior team for a few years but I think that is maybe over egging it.

It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. County final '13' he was unplayable.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 14, 2015, 04:35:36 PM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on May 14, 2015, 04:32:57 PM

It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. County final '13' he was unplayable.

Haha yes you are, please share more!

Sleeping giant

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 14, 2015, 04:10:09 PM
Yeah, see that. More interestingly I see they have someone who for me is arguably the best Antrim player of the last 30 years or more, on their line.... Beaver McCarry. Absolute legend.

Yeah I know what you're saying with regards to aged players. I'm assuming there is a big drive to win the Volunteer cup for the centenary and therefore they must be asking themselves 'can players like Martin and Joey help them win it this year?' Martin looked quite comfortable last night although he came off. Joey only played a little while 2nd half and even though I'd say his best days are behind him he still has something to offer. What age is Joey?
joey is no more than 30 if even that. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

theskull1

A club hurler who looks after himself can go deep into his 30's and remain an asset.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on May 14, 2015, 05:33:39 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on May 14, 2015, 04:10:09 PM

joey is no more than 30 if even that.
He's thirty next week.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

he should be able to play on for a fair few more years, if outside commitments don't interfere that is.

i was joking with big swevy there the other week that he will soon be back again at this rate! lol

hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

Any news on young McCloskey and his arm?  I understand he was subject to a rather cowardly and dirty action by Carson late on during Weds. game!  Trusting an appropriate sanction will be dished out for Carsons serious infraction, but you never know sometimes??

NAG1

Quote from: getevennotcross on May 15, 2015, 02:29:40 PM
Any news on young McCloskey and his arm?  I understand he was subject to a rather cowardly and dirty action by Carson late on during Weds. game!  Trusting an appropriate sanction will be dished out for Carsons serious infraction, but you never know sometimes??

Hardly much need for comment on it, unless you were at the game and saw the alleged action for yourself.

You could have enquired about the LG player's welfare without getting into unnecessary whataboutery.

paddyjohn

Quote from: NAG1 on May 15, 2015, 02:48:03 PM

Hardly much need for comment on it, unless you were at the game and saw the alleged action for yourself.

You could have enquired about the LG player's welfare without getting into unnecessary whataboutery.

Where would be the fun in that? People feel the need to stir the pot some more.

I see video footage of  the incident in question has even made it onto a Facebook page of a player from another club who feels the needs to comment on it.

getevennotcross

Quote from: NAG1 on May 15, 2015, 02:48:03 PM

if I was at the game and seen what happened I would not need to be enquiring, would I?  My primary enquiry was for the welfare of the lad, nothing less!