Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlingstick

Dirty stroke from CC tonight. Could have seriously hurt Tony McCloskey - straight red.

btdtgtt

Agree HS. I thought the difference was not just the sloppy goals you conceded but the crans picked off several points from chances which at the other end Rossa were not able to do. Moving mc Clelland in to the forwards showed Rossa lacked enough in attack to grab the game with those players absent. Young Jim Connolly a double take for his father with that running style!
Ballycran moved well off the ball JC and took some nice points - but they didn't inspire me a lot - I'm not sure if they had a strong line up.

On the other side of the fence St. Paul's won but I didn't see enough to comment on the game. Good to see them & gorts winning however. Did you make ballycastle mr2?
DR how did the johnnies go?

Seamroga in exile

Loughgiel 1-23 Cushendall 1-11. Handy enough. I'd like to think Carson will get at least a three month suspension for what He did this evening.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

hurlingstick

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 13, 2015, 09:34:00 PM
Loughgiel 1-23 Cushendall 1-11. Handy enough. I'd like to think Carson will get at least a three month suspension for what He did this evening.

He'll not get 3 months

Two Hands FFS

Terrible pull from Carson. Deserved red.
Tony McCloskey should have sent red in the first half for a bad pull which the ref didn't have the balls to give a red for.

hurlingstick

Category 3. He'll get 2 games. Mark is a level headed referee

hurlingstick

Tony and Sean McAfee were going at it most of the game until he was switched

hurlingstick

Armoy came from 9 points down at halftime tonight.

Bonamargy

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 13, 2015, 09:55:46 PM

Straight forward enough for us V Galls tonight, plenty of goal action from Both sides. We need to tighten up at the back! Loughgiel looking good judging by tonight's result? Portaferry keep winning, Ballycran getting the wins as well. Dunloy won as I expected.

Surprised by that Armoy result as the talk was that Glenariffe were going well (I haven't seen either play though)  I see Carey got beat again, this time by 9 at home to Creggan, Creggan going well after promotion and Carey in trouble. Gortnamona beat Cloughmills 2-15 to 2-9 and are doing ritely this year after struggling last year. St Paul's off the mark with a win at home to Cushendun.

Sleeping giant

Can anyone post all the full time scores? 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Minder

Quote from: Bonamargy on May 13, 2015, 10:09:23 PM

Straight forward enough for us V Galls tonight, plenty of goal action from Both sides. We need to tighten up at the back! Loughgiel looking good judging by tonight's result? Portaferry keep winning, Ballycran getting the wins as well. Dunloy won as I expected.

Surprised by that Armoy result as the talk was that Glenariffe were going well (I haven't seen either play though)  I see Carey got beat again, this time by 9 at home to Creggan, Creggan going well after promotion and Carey in trouble. Gortnamona beat Cloughmills 2-15 to 2-9 and are doing ritely this year after struggling last year. St Paul's off the mark with a win at home to Cushendun.

Glenariffe had two men sent off in first half
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bonamargy

Quote from: Minder on May 13, 2015, 10:26:58 PM
Quote from: Bonamargy on May 13, 2015, 10:09:23 PM

Glenariffe had two men sent off in first half

That would certainly explain that result.

johnneycool

We beat the paddies handy enough even with big magic getting a straight red early enough in the second half.
We're still not clicking, but still winning, for what its worth.

Crans are functional if unspectacular any time I've seen them recently, not marquee forward is their biggest weakness.

north_antrim_hound

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on May 13, 2015, 10:38:01 PM
We beat the paddies handy enough even with big magic getting a straight red early enough in the second half.
We're still not clicking, but still winning, for what its worth.

Crans are functional if unspectacular any time I've seen them recently, not marquee forward is their biggest weakness.

3 & 6 performed well for them. Lightweight up front but Rossa aren't the most physical either and cran had better movement.