Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Fair points cloot.
I still believe there should be no such thing as St endas moving to North Antrim - underage must be directed and co-ordinated at all county level. NA is guilty here I'm afraid.

I fully understand their motivation - but don't complain about needing more from Belfast but then operating a closed shop. Several city sides have befallen this in "North Antrim" leagues which should be Antrim leagues. If most of the teams happens to be from the glens so be it.

Also - without any chip on the shoulder - please don't think there's no work going on in Belfast. The depth isn't there but if u look at winning county teams from U12-minor you will see there's no shortage of city winners and recently a clean sweep I believe.

But the money & organisation point hit the nail on the head - Belfast is lacking in organisation and we all lack money!
A real issue is depth by senior - every weekend there's mountain of underage city hurlers at blitzes tournaments and around the clubs. There's just a phenomenal drop out level around minor!

Certainly no argument that changing the senior manager is futile alone in the long term - the county senior team is just the manifestation of our ills. They are the team in the shop window and where the focus lies.

I'm typing this on the phone and while in transit so apologies if it's not and coherent as it should be!

Gizzy15

Quote from: maxpower on May 11, 2015, 01:03:58 PM
Between now and the end of June div1 clubs have 6 fixtures, plus in NA we have potenitially another 3 Feis cup games. That's at least 7 games! Nothing wrong with the fixtures so far!

i play div 4 and we had a game called off four weeks ago due to watwrlogged pitch. So we have not even played a game yet. My not be the matter in question but its the county boards attiude to this and many things that pisses me off. They can shove their fixtures up their hola

Last Man

Quote from: getevennotcross on May 11, 2015, 02:47:33 PM
Quote from: Last Man on May 11, 2015, 02:09:30 PM
If Dinny is our potential saviour, how come all not well west of the Bann?
Well Dinny is no the Helmsman, would that in effect be the cause for disquiet??  A case of too many chiefs, possibly!  A bit disingenuous to comment on the Derry present status,  sure are we not in the same division as them next year and have we beaten them yet?
An influential figure none the less and looks after most of the coaching/stickwork. Has he become a poor coach/"assistant manager"? I'd say probably not. Is there a significant cohort of people in Derry just like in Antrim who think they know better than him? Probably yes.
So my point has nothing to do with whether we are better than them or not.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Last Man on May 12, 2015, 08:57:47 AM
Quote from: getevennotcross on May 11, 2015, 02:47:33 PM
Quote from: Last Man on May 11, 2015, 02:09:30 PM
If Dinny is our potential saviour, how come all not well west of the Bann?
Well Dinny is no the Helmsman, would that in effect be the cause for disquiet??  A case of too many chiefs, possibly!  A bit disingenuous to comment on the Derry present status,  sure are we not in the same division as them next year and have we beaten them yet?
An influential figure none the less and looks after most of the coaching/stickwork. Has he become a poor coach/"assistant manager"? I'd say probably not. Is there a significant cohort of people in Derry just like in Antrim who think they know better than him? Probably yes.
So my point has nothing to do with whether we are better than them or not.

Certainly no disquiet about Dinny up here. We love him. Sure we are going to win Ulster. Canny wait hi

Na Glinntí Glasa

i would agree with you on that if Derry were setting 2A on fire this year. Nice start away to Kerry but faded off towards the end.
hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 12, 2015, 04:47:46 PM
i would agree with you on that if Derry were setting 2A on fire this year. Nice start away to but faded off towards the end.
However, given our current form, we cannot take anything for granted!  Beating Derry or Down in the future is not a given by any means??

Na Glinntí Glasa

totally agree. Our form is poor, but then again there isnt a single team in Ulster whos actually playing well.

Anyway at last we get to see a league game!! We have St Johns at home tonight. Be a tough enough game though i dont know much about them this year. Are they still playing that same style of hurling as last season? The quick puck outs, short passing game or has it changed now Micky's gone
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

I'll check out Loughiel v Cushendal...hopefully a decent game.

btdtgtt

Anyone know of the Belfast fixtures tonight?
County website not always reliable if there's a late change by the clubs.

hurlingstick

Goats, Pols and Rossa at home

btdtgtt

Thanks - hopefully get one of those split seats that can watch both Rossa & St Pauls.

Cushendall v Loughgeil - will that tell us much or just empty sparring?

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 13, 2015, 10:39:32 AM
Thanks - hopefully get one of those split seats that can watch both Rossa & St Pauls.

Cushendall v Loughgeil - will that tell us much or just empty sparring?

btdtgtt

Quote from: frostbit on May 13, 2015, 11:14:40 AM
Would fancy Ballycastle to beat St Galls handy enough.
Loughgiel to beat Cushendall at home.
Ballycran to beat a young and light Rossa.
Clooney to put it up to Portaferry but the Ports to win
Dunloy and St John's will be very close I think. Maybe even a wee result for the Johnnies.

Cloughmills to beat Gorts by a few to spare.
Glenariffe to give Armoy a beating.
Close game at Shaws Road - maybe a draw.
Ballygalget to do Sarsfields.
Creggan to do Carey in a close game.

Haven't a clue who is handy and who isn't in Division 3 or 4.

Hard to argue with anything there - although I think home advnatage in a mid week game will see Dunloy through with a bit to spare over the Johnnies.

Bonamargy

Dunloy and St John's will be very close I think. Maybe even a wee result for the Johnnies.

Agree with all the division one results apart from Dunloy should beat the Johnnies. Agree also Glenariff to comfortably dispose of Armoy, and Ballygalget to beat Sarsfields.

In the other division 2 games, Gortnamona are stronger this year so might nick it at home V Cloughmills. St Paul's to beat Cushendun at Shaws road and Carey really should be beating Creggan at home.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Bonamargy on May 13, 2015, 06:30:21 PM

Agree with all the division one results apart from Dunloy should beat the Johnnies. Agree also Glenariff to comfortably dispose of Armoy, and Ballygalget to beat Sarsfields.

In the other division 2 games, Gortnamona are stronger this year so might nick it at home V Cloughmills. St Paul's to beat Cushendun at Shaws road and Carey really should be beating Creggan at home.

Actually now you say that! On 2nd thought!

I think the gort game will come down to how well cloughmills travel to the tight pitch - they are the better side I feel.
Agree midweek at home St. Paul's  could turn cushendun over who would have hoped for a fixture like this not to be midweek!
Carey v creggan - toss a coin? Perhaps the McCann element to drive creggan on but again home advantage seems more obvious midweek.

Im off on my way to Shaws road now.