Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 01, 2015, 09:17:03 AM
Quote from: frostbit on May 01, 2015, 08:04:39 AM
Has anyone any idea as to the starting team on Sunday given all the latest additions? 

This season is a write off really but I still get the championship butterflies about it and personally I think it's a good thing to see new faces on board.

Chris O Connell
Na Seamroga
Ryan Mc Cambridge
Ruairi Og
Neal Mc Auley
Mac Uilin
Aaron Graffin
Ruairi Og
Simon Mc Crory
Naomh Eoin
Conor Mc Kinley
Cú Chullain
John Dillon
Fanaithe An Gleanna
Neil Mc Manus
Ruairi Og
Michael Bradley
Naomh Eoin
Michael Dudley
Naomh Eoin
Paul Shiels
Cú Chullain
Eoghan Campbell
Ruairi Og
Ciaran Clarke
Mac Uilin
Dessie Mc Clean
Gortnamona
Conor Johnson
Naomh Eoin
Eoin Gillan
Ruairi Og
Tomas O Ciarain
Naomh Gall
Eoin Mc Alonan
Mac Uilin
Ruairi Diamond
Naomh Eanna
Conor Carson
Ruairi Og
Tomas McCann
Ciceaim Creagan
Cormac Ross
Naomh Eanna
Deaglan Murphy
Uí Dhonnabháin Rosa
Mathew Donnelly
Mac Uilin
Daniel Mc Kernan
Padraig Sairseil
Odhran Mc Fadden
Na Seamroga

:-\
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TheGeneral

Heres hoping the new additions make a positive impact on the team and result this weekend.

Watched that John Dillon hurl last year in a championship match against Glenariff, he was unreal. Good solid hurler under high balls and he has a bit of speed on the grass also. Hopefully he bodes well.

In relation to the other additions.

Dessie McClean was a fantastic under-age hurler, but i havent seen him play in a few years so I cant say much about him in recent times.

The other young fellas added dont stand out much imo, but they're still young and can improve.

Murphy has speed alright but Ive watched him and he's very one sided, you can get away with this at underage level.But at senior and inter county hell be sussed out very easily.
Goals win championships

hurlingstick

Kerry senior football panel is made up of players from all club levels. Seems to be the way to do it. If you're good enough you play. To try and remain positive.... KR seems to employ this approach quite well. Without the big three we've players from Gort, Sarsfields, Armoy, Creggan, Cloughmills, St. Galls, Carey, Ballycastle, St. John's, Rossa, St. Endas...have I left any out. Is there an Oisins player on the panel?

Jeepers Creepers

Well, good luck  to the new lads getting a run out. Get out there and Hurl!

theskull1

The Antrim minor captain Eoin Conlon from St Endas was the best minor I seen last year. He looked like a he could be a top senior county hurler
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Quote from: theskull1 on May 01, 2015, 02:47:52 PM
The Antrim minor captain Eoin Conlon from St Endas was the best minor I seen last year. He looked like a he could be a top senior county hurler

History says don't be in a rush to say that about any player still a minor.

theskull1

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 01, 2015, 03:15:55 PM

I could tell Neil McManus, Shorty, Aaron Graffin, Neil McAuley, Cormac Donnelly had the potential to be top players more than capable of handling themselves at intercounty level. Maybe you've a different history than me. Young Conlon looked every bit as good as any of those lads....hence why I mentioned his name.

getevennotcross

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 01, 2015, 01:57:59 PM
Well, good luck  to the new lads getting a run out. Get out there and Hurl!
Good man JC, now ur talkin.  Good luck to the lads on Sunday, lets hope they give an exceptional performance and a good account of themselves. I'm not sure about a few of the selections though, but hey, try anything at this stage.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: frostbit on May 01, 2015, 03:15:37 PM
Why the frowny face for MR2?

That Full Back line is very strong.
Would like to see McManus in CHB.
Wouldn't fancy marking any of those three inside forwards either.

It's experimental but why wouldn't we experiment and try new and hungry players?  It's not as if we are going to f**k things up any more than they already are.

Experimental team against a team that has hurled well over the past 2/3 years with good experience. I'm certainly not knocking the players, have watched/played against a right few of them and they are good hurlers, so just wondering why they are only starting now in a game that is Championship,  better to experiment in league challenge games no? Just a thought
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

antrimgeal1989

I agree with the kerry format of using players from all clubs. Until last week sarsfields and creggan were the only two division two clubs with county players. 2 from each of them. Surely teams like glenariffe, carey, cloughmills, St pauls etc have some quality to offer the set up and from an earlier stage other than a few weeks before championship where they maybe aren't physically or mentally in the same condition as some of the boys who have been on the road since November

Last Man

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 01, 2015, 03:15:55 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on May 01, 2015, 02:47:52 PM

Don't worry, you haven't seen the last of him.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: frostbit on May 01, 2015, 05:38:18 PM
In an ideal world, yes. But the team that was used in League got beat in most games (including v Laois). Add that to the exodus of PJ and a few others and you're hands are nearly dealt for you.

Its not like its worst set of players more than a sense of have they gelled together as a team rather than a set of good individual hurlers... I suppose KR is dammed if he doesn't dammed if he does!! Anyways good luck for the match.

Seamroga in exile

No mention of the current casement debacle on here. Interesting.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Minder

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 01, 2015, 08:58:39 PM

There is a thread on the main GAA discussion section
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 01, 2015, 08:58:39 PM

Interesting you don't have anything to say on the matter you find interesting that there's been no mention of  :)