Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

See PJ has left the panel due to work reasons.  Granted he's been below his usual standards, but a loss none the less.  Interesting to see what sort of team is out for the game with Laois.  Am honestly hoping for a back lash after a very disappointing league and playoff.  Surely need to win this one if were to salvage a bit of pride.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

hurlingstick

SG they looked sharp against your boys on Saturday. Fitter and stronger. Still look lacking up front. Dan McCloskey is a right player. Would he have no interest in County?

Sleeping giant

I don't no if he's ever been approached to be honest.  I no Eddie and liam were approached.  Liam isn't back training with us yet after the operation,Eddie had exams over the next few weeks and couldn't commit.  Dan is a very sharp skillful forward. Maybe a year or so to early for him at that level. 

hurlingstick

Jesus the team would be a lot healthier with those 3!! Anyway, hopefully we can beat Laois on Sunday.... Glass half full and all that. Good to see Martin Scullion back hurling

Sleeping giant

I really hope to god we can beat Laois at home.  Was chatting to a starting member recently and he told me that all will be well again after they beat Laois.  So heres hoping!!!! 

btdtgtt

In any sport sometimes the best team performances are about addressing a previous failure.
It's championship. 
We are at home.
We can beat Laois.

getevennotcross

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 29, 2015, 07:51:51 PM
In any sport sometimes the best team performances are about addressing a previous failure.
It's championship. 
We are at home.
We can beat Laois.
Now that's what I like to hear, pure optimism.  Good luck to the lads on Sunday, I really am hoping we can salvage something from a dismal league performance and restore a bit of pride, boy do we need it!

theskull1

Like everyone else I hope to see a good performance

From my perspective.....
Beating Laois will not make everything alright again. Likewise getting beat by them will not mean we should hang our headad in shame
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sleeping giant

No it won't make everything alright, but it would be a bit of a statement that we actually aren't as bad as we've showed in league. 

theskull1

To take anything more than the enjoyment of the win would be foolish IMO.

getevennotcross

Let them just win it firstly, enjoy the win and see where we go from there, nothing more, nothing less.  A win would be a step in the right direction, especially for some of the younger lads.  But it would appear some believe a win would be foolish, I ask you, is it any wonder??

A win over an old adversary should be enjoyed, savoured and considered a stepping stone and build a foundation to progress. A win would be welcomed by the players and supporters alike and the habit and good feeling of winning again, something they have not been accustomed to for  a considerable time.  They can take a positive spin out of that and aim to secure further wins.  What can be wrong with that I say?

theskull1

People will get ahead of themselves regardless of the result.

getevennotcross

Anyone with a titter of wit would soon realise that a win over Laois would not be a platform for getting ahead of themselves.  But  a defeat would be more devastating, which we certainly do not need.  The lads need to be cut a bit of slack and be given all the encouragement they can, which I am sure most of us will provide. I'm not sure about others all the same!

Sleeping giant

Quote from: getevennotcross on April 29, 2015, 11:57:07 PM
Let them just win it firstly, enjoy the win and see where we go from there, nothing more, nothing less.  A win would be a step in the right direction, especially for some of the younger lads.  But it would appear some believe a win would be foolish, I ask you, is it any wonder??

A win over an old adversary should be enjoyed, savoured and considered a stepping stone and build a foundation to progress. A win would be welcomed by the players and supporters alike and the habit and good feeling of winning again, something they have not been accustomed to for  a considerable time.  They can take a positive spin out of that and aim to secure further wins.  What can be wrong with that I say?
agreed.  How it would be foolish to think of it as being a great result after what has been a tanking all year.   I suppose opinions and all that.  It being a hurling forum for all types of people to express an opinion. There isn't really a wrong or right to it.   I believe it would be nice to recoup some sort of pride after being defeated by them.  But here. It's all very well talking on here. It's the hurlers that has to hopefully do the business. 

btdtgtt

Lets just let the game pan out before we start with the outlook from it either way already?