Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

I agree on a lot HS but when we fall behind those 2 teams it's of major significance when it means relegation - to a league which is not and never has been by and large our standard. So some recriminations are to be expected. If it was more or less where we've always been (not what win/loss stats say) then there probably wouldn't be the perceived need for a players statement which we haven't had before. But I agree with the "it's not apocalypse now" sentiment.

My final comment on the McManus thing and only since its been mis-interpreted yet again.
I'm aware the media generally go to the player - but the point I made was that someone in the Antrim camp should change this. That might be Neil as captain, the management, or the PRO - but sharing the media work would be more healthy for the panel as a whole.
Also - it wasn't the media that picked him for the New Jersey photo shoot or to be under 21 selector.
I mean for crying out loud - is anyone seriously disputing that one player has a preponderance of focus when it comes to Antrim hurling! Like none I've seen in any other county! That's not a personal attack it's just a fact people! C'mon look at it - it's not disputable.
Fair enough if you think that's a grand situation but I personally don't find but healthy. That's me done on it no doubt another simple fact will be taken another way.

So here's a final curve ball to move the focus on - is anyone aware that the statement was not unanimously supported by all players?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2015, 08:45:55 PM
As far as I see it, we are currently where we have been for many many years, more or less. Ok there has been the odd exception but they have been few and far between. It is therefore very unfair to point the finger at current individuals and paint the picture that they have somehow dragged our county to a new low. It just isn't true. Now, I have criticised our county executive many times on certain things they have done in the recent past, all of which I stand over.

Getting relegated to Div 2 is disappointing for Antrim, yes. There are, however, only two teams above us who we would hope to be ahead of (Laois & Kerry) and we would beat them as often if not more as they would beat us. Realistically it would be a bit of a shock for us to beat any of the other teams above us and it has been a long time since that was any different.

It isn't exactly "Antrim Hurling. Apocalypse Now."
That about sums it up
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Sleeping giant

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 14, 2015, 09:24:35 PM
I agree on a lot HS but when we fall behind those 2 teams it's of major significance when it means relegation - to a league which is not and never has been by and large our standard. So some recriminations are to be expected. If it was more or less where we've always been (not what win/loss stats say) then there probably wouldn't be the perceived need for a players statement which we haven't had before. But I agree with the "it's not apocalypse now" sentiment.

My final comment on the McManus thing and only since its been mis-interpreted yet again.
I'm aware the media generally go to the player - but the point I made was that someone in the Antrim camp should change this. That might be Neil as captain, the management, or the PRO - but sharing the media work would be more healthy for the panel as a whole.
Also - it wasn't the media that picked him for the New Jersey photo shoot or to be under 21 selector.
I mean for crying out loud - is anyone seriously disputing that one player has a preponderance of focus when it comes to Antrim hurling! Like none I've seen in any other county! That's not a personal attack it's just a fact people! C'mon look at it - it's not disputable.
Fair enough if you think that's a grand situation but I personally don't find but healthy. That's me done on it no doubt another simple fact will be taken another way.

So here's a final curve ball to move the focus on - is anyone aware that the statement was not unanimously supported by all players?
yes.  Players have left and a few have been asked back. Like I said this morning. To little to late
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Two Hands FFS

Seriously.....What F**king odds if one of the players does more interviews or launches a new Jersey?? Was it him who get us relegated? Was it him who hand-passed the ball across his own goalmouth? Or hit bad wides? Was it f**k!! The whole team & the whole county are responsible for this. As Skull points out in regular basis...we don't do enough work as a county.

The bottom line as some of the more sensible posters have stated..we have very few quality inter county hurlers & if we had more of his ability then we'd we would be grand.

WTF u on about?

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 14, 2015, 09:24:35 PM

This wouldn't be a major surprise as every panel is the same in this regard! Probably the men who wouldn't normally start. That's why all the loughgiel posters keep going on about the happy camp! If ur not happy in camp cdall/ Bcastle select ur off the panel coz you'd a bad attitude and u wouldn't commit!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on April 14, 2015, 09:39:40 PM
Seriously.....What F**king odds if one of the players does more interviews or launches a new Jersey?? Was it him who get us relegated? Was it him who hand-passed the ball across his own goalmouth? Or hit bad wides? Was it f**k!! The whole team & the whole county are responsible for this. As Skull points out in regular basis...we don't do enough work as a county.

The bottom line as some of the more sensible posters have stated..we have very few quality inter county hurlers & if we had more of his ability then we'd we would be grand.

Glad I got it right. Someone would put their own totally different twist to what's actually in the posts.
There's no point even engaging that.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 14, 2015, 10:12:40 PM

Glad I got it right. Someone would put their own totally different twist to what's actually in the posts.
There's no point even engaging that.
yes men!!!! sure let them think and say what they want, but don't go against the grain or your doomed!!   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

hurlingstick

Have PJ and Jackson left the Antrim panel? 

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: hurlingstick on April 15, 2015, 07:43:04 AM
Have PJ and Jackson left the Antrim panel? 

PJ, Jackson McGreevey & Barry McFall have left according to an article on the RTE website.

hurlingstick

I'd be surprised (although I could be wrong)  if Barry McFall has left it as he had recently just rejoined the panel.

ojonathanrossa

Milltown Row 2, I seem to remember a certain debate on this regarding who was the better team between Rossa and St Galls and you taking it fairly bad that someone suggested Rossa were a better team than yourselves as it stood.

Would you care to admit that we are indeed better given our tanking we dished out to you?

Na Glinntí Glasa

+1

It all boils down to the lack of people working with our youth and the quality of what they are getting.

It also has to be address in the primary schools, post primary and higher education as well. Until that is being done were banging our heads off the wall.

forget about dun silly (i like this new name) as well. it will never be completed as we cant afford it!
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ojonathanrossa on April 15, 2015, 07:55:41 AM
Milltown Row 2, I seem to remember a certain debate on this regarding who was the better team between Rossa and St Galls and you taking it fairly bad that someone suggested Rossa were a better team than yourselves as it stood.

Would you care to admit that we are indeed better given our tanking we dished out to you?

Yes and I said at the time if you cared to read the actual post instead off making your own idea up was that it was based over that last 8 years, and that we would not be competing in div one this year due to retirements injuries and just a lack of desire... now I hope yous had a good game against Ballycastle  :P, nearly as good as ours v Loughgiel lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ojonathanrossa

We'd no team but only a few points between us at half time. But sure as long as we win the battles of Belfast this year and stay out of the bottom two, we'll be happy. So far so good.

Jesus your lads were awful hard to listen to when you're getting beat. Looking forward to the return leg already.

hurlingstick

Quote from: ojonathanrossa on April 15, 2015, 10:11:02 AM
We'd no team but only a few points between us at half time. But sure as long as we win the battles of Belfast this year and stay out of the bottom two, we'll be happy. So far so good.

Jesus your lads were awful hard to listen to when you're getting beat. Looking forward to the return leg already.

That's quite a fall from grace, waxing lyrical about beating St. Galls for the first time in years and staying out of the relegation zone!!