Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTF u on about?

Antrim count board  surely doesn't have a PRO   If they do I he's must be the worst one ever coz I can't recall a good bit of PR coming out of the county in a long long time. As for the Kevin Ryan debate I think the fella can only do so much with what's at his disposal. However I think if we had an Antrim man in charge there would be a lot of present panel members who wouldn't be near it. Kevin Ryan doesn't get to too many club games otherwise he'd see that there's better players than the ones currently on his panel.

theskull1

Quote from: WTF u on about? on April 14, 2015, 03:43:04 PM
Kevin Ryan doesn't get to too many club games otherwise he'd see that there's better players than the ones currently on his panel.

And round we go again  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ojonathanrossa

Hello guys. If we want to improve at intercounty level, we need a league structure which facilitates high quality and regular competition combined with good coaching at EVERY club so that the fruits of their coaching labour will enter into this utopian high quality and regular league structure and raise standards.

The county board will always be sh.ite and make a balls of things.  I can't remember it ever doing anything different.  This one in particular are a cut above the rest in my opinion.  We have a Full Time secretary on £40,000 per annum who delegates everything to wee Joe and to the divisional board secretaries but will make it to the golf outings to take photographs.  Himself and our Chair have costed us THOUSANDS in court over Casement social club and have practically given our stadium to Ulster Council without getting ANYTHING back in terms of Dunsilly.  We have been DONE SILLY!!  They also allow the county manager to suspend league activity and other clubs to cancel games in lower leagues because one or two players are featuring as 9th subs.  It is utter madness!!!!

Time to get back to basics, concentrate on the fundamentals in the same way you would tell a child to if he wasn't hurling great.  Get back to our bread and butter.  Get a good league sturcture going and let the clubs get strong.  Allow them the space to do so.  Instead of investing gods amounts of OUR money (Croke Park Rugby and Soccer money grants that each county got and our fundraising to mention two examples).

Support smaller struggling clubs especially in Belfast.  But do bloody something!!!!

antrimgeal1989

Antrim count board  surely doesn't have a PRO   If they do I he's must be the worst one ever coz I can't recall a good bit of PR coming out of the county in a long long time. As for the Kevin Ryan debate I think the fella can only do so much with what's at his disposal. However I think if we had an Antrim man in charge there would be a lot of present panel members who wouldn't be near it. Kevin Ryan doesn't get to too many club games otherwise he'd see that there's better players than the ones currently on his panel.

Who do you recommend that isn't on the panel?

Sleeping giant

Quote from: theskull1 on April 14, 2015, 03:03:04 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 14, 2015, 02:50:09 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 14, 2015, 02:23:51 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 14, 2015, 01:48:51 PM
Well at least we've agreed on something for once. I don't go out of my way to rip into lads. I've said before I respect the lads that's training and slogging away since Xmas. But it's shocking frustrating.  I've done my fair share for my own club and I've hurled here and there for the county over the years, but this is as bad as I've ever seen or heard of.

If you hurled for the county and club then your entitled to your views
Some I agree with others not
Did you have to disclose  payment details on a public forum
That's a can of worms for private debate
its common knowledge for everyone, hardly a massive sercet, I think as a county we'd be entitled to expect and demand more for that money,   Sorry again to anyone I annoy. Just my feelings. And on the back page of the paper.  Maybe best to stay out of it, if you talk the talk, your setting yourself up for the critics when you don't walk the walk.

Not to me anyway

I think you should take your own advice. Just looks as if you're enjoying it and wont help when wounds need healing
again il say. If you don't like what I post. Ignore it. Plenty of yes men seems to be your way forward. Happy camp and all that
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

theskull1

But I'm not KR who has to consider the dilemma of bringing back people into the fold who make a point of giving their opinions in a very public way just a little bit too freely. Only adds to the difficulties IMO. But of course it would be KR's fault if he felt inviting some people back might be detrimental due to these public outbursts.

Feel free to ignore every word I said

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sleeping giant

Id think whoever goes of the panel. There won't be many join it. To little to late.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Last Man

Quote from: theskull1 on April 14, 2015, 04:48:34 PM
But I'm not KR who has to consider the dilemma of bringing back people into the fold who make a point of giving their opinions in a very public way just a little bit too freely. Only adds to the difficulties IMO. But of course it would be KR's fault if he felt inviting some people back might be detrimental due to these public outbursts.

Feel free to ignore every word I said
Thankfully KR is a fairly measured fella, imagine if Davy Fitz was reading this stuff.

WTF u on about?

Quote from: antrimgeal1989 on April 14, 2015, 04:34:54 PM

Who do you recommend that isn't on the panel?

Well I think we're going over old ground with some of the names being mentioned almost daily on here. I would like to see a full forward. Centre half forward and a full back of some form on the panel. Too many square pegs in round holes in important positions for my liking. There's also some shocking paranoia on this board that every post is against certain people! These are just some peoples opinions on what they think should be done. Doesn't make them right or wrong!

SaffronHeart

Dunsilly and Casement are a complete joke. We are a laughing stock in both codes. The county board has failed us but how do we as a county get them out and change it with progressive thinkers who are willing to put in the effort. This is the conundrum we can say what we want about Jim Murray and co who I believe hasn't made one positive contribution to Antrim Gaa but who are the progressive volunteers that are going to replace him. Has anyone any suggestions, I feel a high profile person like Sambo as Chair would help write the ills but people need to be prepared to volunteer. We are where we are because there is no alternative county board.

btdtgtt

We do indeed have a County PRO.

And again, can we quit complaining about people giving opinions we don't like here?
It's an Internet chat room after all!
This place is only about people giving opinions whether u like it or not!

If you only want to see action then go to the hurling pitches!
U might even meet some posters there too!

getevennotcross

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 14, 2015, 07:03:01 PM

And again, can we quit complaining about people giving opinions we don't like here?

Well said btdtgtt, you sound like a man with sense.  It is only a forum for opinions, nothing more.  If you were running in the May elections, I might just cast my vote your way.  Are you a progressive thinker by any chance?

btdtgtt

Quote from: getevennotcross on April 14, 2015, 07:13:29 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on April 14, 2015, 07:03:01 PM

Well said btdtgtt, you sound like a man with sense.  It is only a forum for opinions, nothing more.  If you were running in the May elections, I might just cast my vote your way.  Are you a progressive thinker by any chance?

The people getting elected in May have much more wages then me  ;)

getevennotcross

Quote from: SaffronHeart on April 14, 2015, 06:44:38 PM
Dunsilly and Casement are a complete joke. We are a laughing stock in both codes. The county board has failed us but how do we as a county get them out and change it with progressive thinkers who are willing to put in the effort. This is the conundrum we can say what we want about Jim Murray and co who I believe hasn't made one positive contribution to Antrim Gaa but who are the progressive volunteers that are going to replace him. Has anyone any suggestions, I feel a high profile person like Sambo as Chair would help write the ills but people need to be prepared to volunteer. We are where we are because there is no alternative county board.
So Sambo is a progressive thinker, are you having a laugh???   Go take your tablets and lay down for a while, you will start feeling a little better I hope.  We are and have been bereft of a progressive thinker for decades, not just during this current administration.  I hate to say it, but you and the likes of many others elected them! 

We are an embarrassment and the talk of the country.  Next year in Div. 2A is not going to be easy either, so not a simple road back to Div. 1B.  Carlow and Westmeath have both beaten us handy before.  Derry appear to be making in roads also and gave Antrim a scare last year in Ulster Championship.

Bottom line is, we are absolutely Donald Ducked!  The one saving grace is I suppose, none of you vitriol's will take up the poison chalice and attempt to do anything about it.  All talk, clap trap and and full of the proverbial shite! The same aul shit has been talked about for years.

Lets review things as they currently sit:

Div. 4 Football - (You cant go any lower)
Div. 2A Hurling ( A long Road back only to potentially go down again)
No County Pitch
No (never) Done Silly
Coffers are empty
And someone is suggesting that we let Sambo steer the ship! I wouldn't let him steer a hobby horse.

Heavens above, I wonder will the Clonard Novena ever answer my petitions???

imtommygunn

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2015, 08:45:55 PM
As far as I see it, we are currently where we have been for many many years, more or less. Ok there has been the odd exception but they have been few and far between. It is therefore very unfair to point the finger at current individuals and paint the picture that they have somehow dragged our county to a new low. It just isn't true. Now, I have criticised our county executive many times on certain things they have done in the recent past, all of which I stand over.

Getting relegated to Div 2 is disappointing for Antrim, yes. There are, however, only two teams above us who we would hope to be ahead of (Laois & Kerry) and we would beat them as often if not more as they would beat us. Realistically it would be a bit of a shock for us to beat any of the other teams above us and it has been a long time since that was any different.

It isn't exactly "Antrim Hurling. Apocalypse Now."

Gees hs you're speaking sense...

Barring the years when dinny cahill was in charge it's been years as hs said.

By the way - it's the media who generally go to the player. Mcmanus may always be in the media but i bet it's the media who go to him. Graffin was there recently too.