Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antrimgeal1989

Massive shock in sarsfields getting beat by gnm. Also impressive stuff from glenariffe with rumours going about that Johnny tosh is back? Anyone know why carey cushendun wasn't played?

hurlingstick

Quote from: antrimgeal1989 on April 08, 2015, 05:12:15 PM
Massive shock in sarsfields getting beat by gnm. Also impressive stuff from glenariffe with rumours going about that Johnny tosh is back? Anyone know why carey cushendun wasn't played?

Game was abandoned because of...... Wait for it.... Fog!!

Bonamargy

Quote from: antrimgeal1989 on April 08, 2015, 05:12:15 PM

Yes Johnny Tosh played against us in the North Antrim league. Apparently Carey V Cushendun was abandoned after 10 minutes because of fog.

antrimgeal1989

What a boost regardless of age. Still a quality player no doubt

paddyjohn

I hear Glenariffe have a few ex Glenarm players in their ranks also now. One or maybe 2 of the McDermott brothers. Also a big boost for them.

btdtgtt

All-ireland intermediate in mind?

antrimgeal1989

Could give division 2 and the intermediate a good crack this year. Maybe moved favourites for intermediate along with sarsfields now?

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 08, 2015, 10:45:11 PM

Aye, and the Super Bowl & Grand National  :D

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on April 08, 2015, 11:50:24 PM

I have heard Henry Shefflin has left Kilkenny just to play for the Oisins. €150k a year some are saying  :)

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 08, 2015, 11:58:23 PM

I have heard Henry Shefflin has left Kilkenny just to play for the Oisins. €150k a year some are saying  :)

Is Stevie Fagan still up there bankrolling that particular transfer? Thought I saw him in Kircubbin recently?

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on April 09, 2015, 09:01:47 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 08, 2015, 11:58:23 PM

Is Stevie Fagan still up there bankrolling that particular transfer? Thought I saw him in Kircubbin recently?

I don't think he is about anymore, could be wrong.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

Strong looking Antrim defence for Saturday - less confident with the forwards.
Shouldn't matter - Kerry should be put away without fuss if we're worth anything.

I noticed journalists saw fit to ask about the lack of automatic promotion - it's clearly not right.
And the gaa official's response was bluff and bluster with nothing concrete to justify the system.

Not to worry - hopefully an easy win to set us up for round-robin. Again.

CitySlicker11

Lets hope they dont get asking about the lack of automatic promotion in the antrim leagues!

hurlingstick

Ryan McCambridge is a big loss at corner back. Forward line brutal as it has been all season. If anything it's even weaker for this game.

Na Glinntí Glasa

zero pace up the middle of that forward line with big carson and matty in 11 & 14. The two corners in Clarke and PJ have plenty of pace, i can only hope that they can do plenty of damage.

Defence looks strong and its good to see eoghan campbell back in midfield instead of the forwards.

i can only hope they get the job done but as others have said that forward line doesnt strike fear into anyone, shorty aside that is.
hurl like f**k boi!