Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedog 83

Congratulations to CPC which I make it they have won this tournament 3 times in last 7 years. Also I think St Mary's have won it as well once in the last 8 years. Should we not be looking at the Mageean Champions to play in the 'A' All Ireland?

Or are we happy at playing at 'B' level were Ulster sides have won 4 out of the last 8 finals?

Should we try to play at a higher level and bring ourselves on or are we happy playing in a division were we clearly have a good chance of winning?

hurlingstick

So Kerry it is then. Interesting!

btdtgtt

Quote from: hurlingstick on April 04, 2015, 10:19:20 PM

Are Kerry any good and Where will the game be?

Was that an "a" or "b" tournament for ballycastle?
Congratulations regardless.

hurlingstick

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 04, 2015, 10:40:57 PM

B tournament against a Laois team. I think the score was 5.17 to 3.17 for Kerry. The game is next weekend and I'm guessing the venue will be decided asap. 2nd year in a row they've won that division. Could be a close enough affair as our squad is fairly average.

Minder

Quote from: hurlingstick on April 04, 2015, 10:54:30 PM

B tournament against a Laois team. I think the score was 5.17 to 3.17 for Kerry. The game is next weekend and I'm guessing the venue will be decided asap. 2nd year in a row they've won that division. Could be a close enough affair as our squad is fairly average.

If you win a division you should be promoted, end of story.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

Quote from: Minder on April 04, 2015, 11:08:32 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on April 04, 2015, 10:54:30 PM

If you win a division you should be promoted, end of story.

Hard for any rational person to argue with that.

hurlingstick

Agreed. Not fair on the team winning their division and Antrim deserve to go down after 5 defeats from 5 games.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thedog 83 on April 04, 2015, 09:08:35 PM
Congratulations to CPC which I make it they have won this tournament 3 times in last 7 years. Also I think St Mary's have won it as well once in the last 8 years. Should we not be looking at the Mageean Champions to play in the 'A' All Ireland?

Or are we happy at playing at 'B' level were Ulster sides have won 4 out of the last 8 finals?

Should we try to play at a higher level and bring ourselves on or are we happy playing in a division were we clearly have a good chance of winning?
Played A in 93/94 and got tanked. The standard in the A match looked good today but something to aim for.

imtommygunn

The A games were getting really bad with some massive tankings. Unfortunately it's been a long time since an ulster underage team was competutive bar our u21s that one year so b abiut the right level :-\

Seamroga in exile

St Kierans have won the Dr croke cup twenty times. The closest to them have won it 5 times. Some set up they have there.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Minder

Good result for Glenariffe against Cloughmills, 2-13 to 5-16
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sleeping giant

Any other league results?
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Portaferry 1-15 ballycastle 1-12

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 05, 2015, 04:27:46 PM
Any other league results?
They're on the County website lad.

Fairhead

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 05, 2015, 02:19:45 AM

The A games were getting really bad with some massive tankings. Unfortunately it's been a long time since an ulster underage team was competutive bar our u21s that one year so b abiut the right level :-\
[/q

Don't think its a case of settling for B hurling, the ulster schools just don't have the depth to challenge the top schools in Leinster and Munster at A level. The Mageean winners in the last 10 years have a very good record in the B all Ireland but remember in the previous 35 years to that only St Marys had won a B title. That would suggest the level in Ulster has improved but is still not up to A standard.