Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

A county manager must nail his colours to the mast every time he names a team. As keyboard experts we can sit back and pick holes in that time after time.

I'd love to see some of the first fifteens some on here would put out. And let others debate the merits or otherwise of those who didn't make it.

That's the hard bit. Everything else is far too cosy. So who wants to throw the ball in first. 

I didn't think so.....

theskull1

I asked the question not so long ago.... there wasnt many replies
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sleeping giant

What question is that?   I tip my hat to the lads that's there.  Training hard from early in the year.  But if your going to talk the talk.  You have to walk the walk.  Plain and simple. No?
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

A fully fit and available for selection. 
Ryan Mc Garry
Martin Burke
Cormac Donnelly
Aaron Grafin
Neil Mc Auley
Neil Mc Manus
James Campbell
Paul Shields
Paddy Mc Naughton
Eddie Mc Closkey
Stephan Mc Afee
Shay Casey
Ciaran Clarke
Liam watson
Shane Mc Naughton

Now Id have to sit and think about a bigger panel.  Obviously a couple of positions there up for grabs. No city men there but that's not on purpose, a lot of young talent there.  But I think that team with the right training and no bull shit.  Would give a great account of themselves

getevennotcross

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 03, 2015, 11:06:55 PM
A fully fit and available for selection. 
Ryan Mc Garry
Martin Burke
Cormac Donnelly
Aaron Grafin
Neil Mc Auley
Neil Mc Manus
James Campbell
Paul Shields
Paddy Mc Naughton
Eddie Mc Closkey
Stephan Mc Afee
Shay Casey
Ciaran Clarke
Liam watson
Shane Mc Naughton

Now Id have to sit and think about a bigger panel.  Obviously a couple of positions there up for grabs. No city men there but that's not on purpose, a lot of young talent there.  But I think that team with the right training and no bull shit.  Would give a great account of themselves
Probably, and I emphasise probably somewhere close to our best 15, but they have all not made themselves/are not available for various reasons???  I would argue about a few of your selections and the exclusion of city players, but then again your a North Antrim man. 'the bull shit you allude to???

At the end of the day, maybe our ambitions far exceed our ability when it really comes down to it, but should we really stop trying, give up the ghost as they say??  Fair to say we can rule out Donnelly and Watson.  Shay Casey would be an omission in my selection also, most certainly not county material and not physically strong enough.  McNaughton another passenger in my book along with Campbell.  You can only select those who make themselves available and demonstrate commitment!  Thereby, your selection is somewhat meaningless.

Sleeping giant

I did say some postions were still there to be filled. That was simply of the top of my head. And I didn't say it was meaningful, simply replying to Bannside loving to see some of our starting 15. make no bones about it.  I love my county and try to get to as many matches as I can. But they deserve to be in D2,  doesn't make me a bad person for speaking my mind.  They haven't done what they've set out to do and westmeath or Kerry deserve there chance.  Maybe a year down would do us no harm. 

theskull1

Pick a team from the players prepared to commit.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

And those actually selected and allowed to play.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Regardless of SGs personal selection - the fact is that his team is superior to the current one.

Whilst I support those who commit - it's the county's job to ensure our best team is on the pitch.

Until then we will never know - but what's sure now is that we must accept our true level is indeed far below our ambitions.

Seamroga in exile

This would be my team:
Dd
Ryan mc cambridge
neilly mcgarry
A graffin
Neal mcauley 
tony mccloskey 
woody
Duck 
n mcmanus
Michael armstrong
shorty 
eddie
Connor johnson
winker 
shanebo

Subs
Chrissy
Pj o connell
Chris mcguinness
Gerard Walsh
Mcclelland (rossa)
Saul mccaughan
Clarkie
Campbell
Molloy
Mckeague
Conor mccann

glensgael

Any thoughts on the County hurling league restructure for next year, looks like it's been agreed and all without being put to the clubs.

03 April 2015
The structure of the All County Hurling Leagues in 2016 will be changed as a result of a motion passed at County convention 2014.
The make up of the leagues starting in 2016 will be:

Division 1A – 8 Teams
Division 1B – 8 Teams
Division 2 - 8 Teams
Division 3 - Remaining teams

To enable this to happen the games played in this years league (2015) will form the basis of who plays in each Division in 2016.

At the conclusion of the 2015 leagues ,the top finishing 8 teams in Division 1 will make up the Division 1A in 2016.

Division 1B (2016) will be made up of teams that finish in 9th and 10th position in Division 1 (2015) plus the top 6 teams finishing in Division 2 (2015).

Division 2 (2016) will be made up of teams that finish 7th,8th,9th and 10th in Division 2 (2015) plus the teams that finish in position 1,2,3 and 4 in Division 3 (2015).

Division 3 (2016) will be made up of the remaining teams who play in Division 3 (2015) plus Division 4 (2015)

The winners of leagues 1,2,3 and 4 will be awarded the League Trophy and medals in 2015

Sleeping giant

Quote from: theskull1 on April 04, 2015, 09:18:49 AM
who in my team isn't prepared to commit. there's a lad that has openly spoken out that he'd love to be back in the county colours. am getting sick of this crap to be honest.  Maybe use men should make your way over to Loughgiel and have a chat with Liam. Ask him his side and see if he would be ready to commit.  You have to be asked to play,to actually play.  Done with this all. Antrim senior hurlers deserve to be in D2. This is the 3rd time in two days I've said this.  Anyone agree???

btdtgtt

Quote from: glensgael on April 04, 2015, 12:28:41 PM
Any thoughts on the County hurling league restructure for next year, looks like it's been agreed and all without being put to the clubs.

03 April 2015
The structure of the All County Hurling Leagues in 2016 will be changed as a result of a motion passed at County convention 2014.
The make up of the leagues starting in 2016 will be:

Division 1A – 8 Teams
Division 1B – 8 Teams
Division 2 - 8 Teams
Division 3 - Remaining teams

To enable this to happen the games played in this years league (2015) will form the basis of who plays in each Division in 2016.

At the conclusion of the 2015 leagues ,the top finishing 8 teams in Division 1 will make up the Division 1A in 2016.

Division 1B (2016) will be made up of teams that finish in 9th and 10th position in Division 1 (2015) plus the top 6 teams finishing in Division 2 (2015).

Division 2 (2016) will be made up of teams that finish 7th,8th,9th and 10th in Division 2 (2015) plus the teams that finish in position 1,2,3 and 4 in Division 3 (2015).

Division 3 (2016) will be made up of the remaining teams who play in Division 3 (2015) plus Division 4 (2015)

The winners of leagues 1,2,3 and 4 will be awarded the League Trophy and medals in 2015

Past considering it - sure it'll change again on a whim anyway.

hurlingstick

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 04, 2015, 12:37:53 PM
who in my team isn't prepared to commit. there's a lad that has openly spoken out that he'd love to be back in the county colours. am getting sick of this crap to be honest.  Maybe use men should make your way over to Loughgiel and have a chat with Liam. Ask him his side and see if he would be ready to commit.  You have to be asked to play,to actually play.  Done with this all. Antrim senior hurlers deserve to be in D2. This is the 3rd time in two days I've said this.  Anyone agree???

Would Winker play if asked? If so get him in. Would Eddie go back and commit? Everyone deserves a 2nd chance.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hurlingstick on April 04, 2015, 01:42:58 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 04, 2015, 12:37:53 PM

Would Winker play if asked? If so get him in. Would Eddie go back and commit? Everyone deserves a 2nd chance.
yes and yes.