Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonamargy

At long last, what we have been all waiting for this weekend with the start of the hirling leagues. I hope the weather clears a bit before the matches start on Saturday. For a bit of craic and discussion, here are my predictions, what do you think?

Division 1
Ballycran V Dunloy: Ballycran by 3
Portaferry V Ballycastle: Ballycastle by 2
St John's V Loughgiel: Loughgiel by 5
Clooney V Cushendall: Cushendall by 9
St Galls V Rossa: Rossa by 2

Division 2
Ballygalget V St Paul's: Ballygalget by 7
Cushendun V Carey: Carey by 2
Cloughmills V Glenariff: Cloughmills by 2
Armoy V Creggan: Creggan by 3
Gortnamona V Sarsfields: Sarsfields by 4

btdtgtt

I'd agree with that bonamagey altho Ballycastle might find that trip a mile too far.

Bonamargy

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 01, 2015, 10:48:24 PM
I'd agree with that bonamagey altho Ballycastle might find that trip a mile too far.

Now behave! Lol

Na Glinntí Glasa

Cant see us getting a result, the teams a bit depleted with ones working on sat and injuries. Ballycran should beat us easy enough.

Division 1
Ballycran V Dunloy: Ballycran by 10
Portaferry V Ballycastle: Portaferry by 4
St John's V Loughgiel: Loughgiel by 8
Clooney V Cushendall: Cushendall by 12
St Galls V Rossa: Rossa by 6

Division 2
Ballygalget V St Paul's: Ballygalget by 10
Cushendun V Carey: Carey by 2
Cloughmills V Glenariff: Cloughmills by 2
Armoy V Creggan: Creggan by 5
Gortnamona V Sarsfields: Sarsfields by 5
hurl like f**k boi!

CitySlicker11

Would Carey not be bigger favourites against Cushendun than what is being suggested on here?

hurlingstick

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on April 02, 2015, 10:58:03 AM
Would Carey not be bigger favourites against Cushendun than what is being suggested on here?

Based on form, definitely. But as it's a local derby it evens it up by a couple of points. First game between these two since the formation of Naomh Padraig.

hurlingstick

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=234806

Article on play acting in hurling. No room for this in our beautiful game. Hurling is up there with rugby in terms of toughness.

btdtgtt

St Patricks being the amalgamation of Cary & Cushendun at undergae - but now they play separately at senior? Interesting backdrop for sure!
Carey should win easy.

I like to remind my St John's friends that Corrigan has been the scene of some play acting for years now! I hold my hands up to say the City lads don't always take their knocks as part of the game!

hurlingstick

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 02, 2015, 12:53:19 PM
St Patricks being the amalgamation of Cary & Cushendun at undergae - but now they play separately at senior? Interesting backdrop for sure!
Carey should win easy.

I like to remind my St John's friends that Corrigan has been the scene of some play acting for years now! I hold my hands up to say the City lads don't always take their knocks as part of the game!

Carey, Cushendun and Armoy

Bonamargy

Carey should win easy.

Naomh Padraig is Carey, Armoy and Cushendun at underage. The reason I think it will be tighter than normal is that Carey  are under new management after big McCormick left them to join our minor management this year and they have had a bad start. They will have 3/4 players playing an all Ireland colleges final with CPC on Saturday in Thurles. If they play on Sunday for Carey, they should win handy enough, but will they be in a condition to play? Without these players and a couple of injuries they have struggled in pre season games, they have lost heavily in nearly all their games, lost by 13 to Glenariff last weekend and 16 to Cushendall reserves the week before. Based on that, I think it will be tight enough, but Carey should win it all the same, especially if the CPC players are on board.

hurlingstick

I'm sure given time the new manager will do a fine job at Carey. Cubby is part of that management setup again and as long as he is involved Carey will do fine.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bonamargy on April 02, 2015, 01:23:48 PM
Carey should win easy.

Naomh Padraig is Carey, Armoy and Cushendun at underage. The reason I think it will be tighter than normal is that Carey  are under new management after big McCormick left them to join our minor management this year and they have had a bad start. They will have 3/4 players playing an all Ireland colleges final with CPC on Saturday in Thurles. If they play on Sunday for Carey, they should win handy enough, but will they be in a condition to play? Without these players and a couple of injuries they have struggled in pre season games, they have lost heavily in nearly all their games, lost by 13 to Glenariff last weekend and 16 to Cushendall reserves the week before. Based on that, I think it will be tight enough, but Carey should win it all the same, especially if the CPC players are on board.
How come big Sean packed it in for Carey?

Bonamargy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 02, 2015, 10:27:15 PM
Quote from: Bonamargy on April 02, 2015, 01:23:48 PM
Carey should win easy.

How come big Sean packed it in for Carey?

Don't know. He had Carey playing decent stuff there for a couple of years. My nephew is in our minor panel and since he started coaching with them this year, they are very impressed. Apparently he is very organised.

btdtgtt

Just reading the hogan stand website;

"The league is over and done with now. A nice bit of progress from last year. We will let the lads back to their clubs now and let them come back fresh to us," said Whelehan

But Antrim know better. We don't need club hurling.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 03, 2015, 09:37:50 AM
Just reading the hogan stand website;

"The league is over and done with now. A nice bit of progress from last year. We will let the lads back to their clubs now and let them come back fresh to us," said Whelehan

But Antrim know better. We don't need club hurling.
Easier for him to say that. Antrim have a relegation play off & Offaly don't have to play in the Round Robin. There's league games on this weekend which county players will be playing in.