Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Everybit of energy should go towards youth.  Jesus Christ the average age of this squad has to be in the low 20s. Are we gonna except this for another 10 years to the current U10s come in?   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 15, 2015, 02:34:45 PM
Everybit of energy should go towards youth.  Jesus Christ the average age of this squad has to be in the low 20s. Are we gonna except this for another 10 years to the current U10s come in?
So whats the alternative? Just keep pulling players from the clubs for this f**king farce? Lets concentrate in making a great competitive club scene forget the county team.

Sleeping giant

How many league games has anyone on here seen our county manager at?  He got this group of U21s to a final and seems to be happy with them and his love child, sure if the players are happy. That's the main thing!!!!  f**king going back the way.   

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sham Man

Difficult to see where we go from here?  :) Feckin devastating defeat today and Offlays win last night puts us in serious diff once more!  ::) ??? :(
Shamrocks are winners!

hurlingstick

Why would he go to club league games?  What would he learn? Do we really want Antrim Hurling to come down to 2 or 3 big club games a year?  We need a complete overhaul of club hurling too. A couple of ' hurling only' clubs in Belfast would be a start. We have 3 competitive clubs who win the hurling championship year in year out. It's not enough. We all love hurling but it's in a valley at the minute. If we were all brutally honest and left egos at the door our club teams were all poor last year too. Not enough quality. It's definitely not KR"s fault. He's doing his best.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hurlingstick on March 15, 2015, 03:02:01 PM
Why would he go to club league games?  What would he learn? Do we really want Antrim Hurling to come down to 2 or 3 big club games a year?  We need a complete overhaul of club hurling too. A couple of ' hurling only' clubs in Belfast would be a start. We have 3 competitive clubs who win the hurling championship year in year out. It's not enough. We all love hurling but it's in a valley at the minute. If we were all brutally honest and left egos at the door our club teams were all poor last year too. Not enough quality. It's definitely not KR"s fault. He's doing his best.

couldn't have said that better, spot on in relation to belfast and club hurling standards have been brutal this last five or six years. Why is everybody pointing the finger at Ryan. The players he has on the panel have been the cream of all the clubs at underage this last few years apart from the ones that won't commit
you would think we where competing with these teams before Ryans arrival.
we scored 26 points against wexford and scored ten today what is that all about
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Saffrongael

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 15, 2015, 03:15:49 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on March 15, 2015, 03:02:01 PM

couldn't have said that better, spot on in relation to belfast and club hurling standards have been brutal this last five or six years. Why is everybody pointing the finger at Ryan. The players he has on the panel have been the cream of all the clubs at underage this last few years apart from the ones that won't commit
you would think we where competing with these teams before Ryans arrival.
we scored 26 points against wexford and scored ten today what is that all about

Unfortunately yah looks like a bit of an aberration now, Wexford probably were sluggish and finding their feet, they have currently put 5-18 on Laois
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Íseal agus crua isteach a

I was looking at some of Curlys pictures on the social media of Antrim club hurling in the 80's early 90's. What stood out for me was the huge attendances at some of these club games. I believe that long before we put so much energy in to the County team our club scene was at  its finest. I liked the idea of Ulster league it brings more teams on board and its good for us and our neighbors Derry and Down. These big continuos heavy defeats at County level demoralizes everyone down to grass roots. Its not enjoyable. The focus on my view should be our clubs and let the County team off. Nothing has changed in a hundred years.   

Sleeping giant

Being 100% honest , yes Loughgiel wasn't great last year.  But they were winning f**king championships and ulster titles and what did that do for the county.  f**k all. Because they were winning and it didn't please captain fantastic. What difference would Kevin Ryan going to club games make?????  Jesus Christ,  Id say there's lads on our starting team he wouldnt even no there first name.    Id have no problem in saying Id pick a team outside our starting 15 that would beat our starting 15!!!!

hurlingstick

Quote from: Sleeping giant link=topic=1347.msg1448814#msg1448814The date=1426433494
Being 100% honest , yes Loughgiel wasn't great. ast year.  But they were winning f**kiwith ng championships and ulster titles and what did that do foto r the county.  f**k all. Bbe ecause they were winning andJay it didn't please captain fantastic. What diffthe the erence would Kevin Ryan going to club games make?????  Jesus Christ,  Id say there's lads on our starting team he wouldnt even no there first name.    Id have no problem in saying Id pick a team outside our starting 15 that would beat our starting 15!!!!

SG, as much as this might shock you. It's not all about Loughiel. The boys from your club that want to play county are playing county. Could you quit the obsession/paranoia with N. McManus. If a few of your great attackers had his commitment to the greater good we would be instantly in a better place just like we were when Beaver, Woody etc. did in the past.

Sleeping giant

I no its not all about Loughgiel. Well at county level it isn't anyway.   HS you should no the facts before you go on the defense.  Unless my club mates that have been with the county tell me lies.  Maybe that's it

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 15, 2015, 03:59:16 PM
I no its not all about Loughgiel. Well at county level it isn't anyway.   HS you should no the facts before you go on the defense.  Unless my club mates that have been with the county tell me lies.  Maybe that's it
of course that's what it is sg. Sure it's only them pesky loughgiel boyos at their work.  ::)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

While this board only holds the views of a very small minority and ultimately won't change the direction of the county team, it still depressing though that the divided between clubs is so bad that it works against the county team and possible development of the county.. Maybe just maybe one day we can join together and bring a team together that can really make a difference
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Id love nothing more. Ultimately it's the players that have to be mature enough to do this. But at the point it's gone to. I think it's beyond fixing MR2. If you look back far enough in my posts, am sure I've said this already. But I think that Johnson deserves a chance at county manager. The county was in a bad place along long time ago. It was wee Jim that fixed it then and got players to respect one another and pull together for the love of there own county.  Am not for 1 second saying that he'd be anything like Jim Nelson. But I honestly believe we need a city man at the helm to do away with the country teams hatred towards one another and the childish shite that goes with it.  Ive said in a post above and I truly believe it to be true.  It's got 10 times worse since Loughgiel started winning things. It all adds up. And people can sit on this and say commitment and bla bla f**king bla.  There's not 1 hurler from Loughgiel wouldn't give every bit as much as the great one given there chance and for things to be done fair and right.  Before anyone comments. Go away and learn the facts.