Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

i'll call sunday what it was, a complete load of utter pi$h. all i can say is thank got i mixed the time of the game up thinking it was 2.30 throw in and didnt have to pay into that mess!

i dont know where to start. First half it looked grand against a strong wind, we got in at half time a few behind and i thought we would kick on.

Out comes the team and we have matty on in full forward. why? look i know it maybe seems im hating on him but i dont. ive seen him play for the town at half back and hes a good solid defender. Hes not a forward, never has been. Our full forward line was totally ineffective in the second half, much like our forwards.

All i can say is thank god we have shorty because the rest are just a mile behind him. I also didnt think mc manus was even on the pitch till he was substituted. It was the first time i had even noticed him in the game.

Have we made improvements? yes def, but everything good we did v wexford is totally undone now and were back to the same old same old again.

To hear eddie has left the panel is depressing. Im a big fan of his but if you say SIE that he left due to training differences well thats up to him. Hes not the manager and whats done at training isnt his call. I honestly think him and shorty are the best two forwards in Antrim and losing him is a blow.

Any word on the leagues starting so i have something to look forward to!!!
hurl like f**k boi!

north aontroim gael

north aontroim gael

Has Antrim as a County ever been lower?  Serious question.

The hurlers are looking to fight of relegation to the third tier.  Our footballers are mid table in Division 4 and just about beat London at home over the weekend.

We have no designated County ground due to ineptitude by our County Board & Ulster Council. Why close Casement until the new development got the green light?

We have also invested a lot of money purchasing a site for a new training complex that a) we can't afford and b) can't get access to as again our County Board never saw fit to carry out the necessary due diligence on the site involved.

You know fine well that one (if not both) of our senior County teams will end the year with a panel of about 17 players after a string of bad results and internal fall outs.

It's depressing.

pullhard

Is Big hippy playing this year? Could be a useful option for full forward, Any sign of winker coming back?

BlacknAmber

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 09, 2015, 11:57:06 AM
Quote from: BlacknAmber on March 09, 2015, 09:53:01 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 08, 2015, 04:48:09 PM
As past few games it's been all wrong in my opinion. Don't mean to be hating.  The smallest man on the feild lining out at 11. We've a young lad that recived an u21 all start as a forward sitting on the bench,And we insist on playing young Donnelly. Big slow and awkward. Out of postion.  I've heard a few hurlers say. When Ryan has something in his head. That's it. Seems to be true. We also need someone at wing half to come onto high balls. We've 3 of our best defenders in the full back line.  Id like to see NMA or RMC out there.  And if donnelly isn't good enough for the fullback line.  He isn't good enough.

Can I ask what player are you referring to here?
Stephen Mc Afee, no??
Yes, I thought that was who you were referring to....I just wanted to be sure before jumping in because that same wee hurler (loaded with talent, pace and youth) wasn't even afforded the opportunity yesterday to grace the bench despite his commitment to training and county over the past few years.  No breezing in or breezing out yet dropped without so much as reason/indication why.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 09, 2015, 12:13:11 PM
i'll call sunday what it was, a complete load of utter pi$h. all i can say is thank got i mixed the time of the game up thinking it was 2.30 throw in and didnt have to pay into that mess!

i dont know where to start. First half it looked grand against a strong wind, we got in at half time a few behind and i thought we would kick on.

Out comes the team and we have matty on in full forward. why? look i know it maybe seems im hating on him but i dont. ive seen him play for the town at half back and hes a good solid defender. Hes not a forward, never has been. Our full forward line was totally ineffective in the second half, much like our forwards.

All i can say is thank god we have shorty because the rest are just a mile behind him. I also didnt think mc manus was even on the pitch till he was substituted. It was the first time i had even noticed him in the game.

Have we made improvements? yes def, but everything good we did v wexford is totally undone now and were back to the same old same old again.

To hear eddie has left the panel is depressing. Im a big fan of his but if you say SIE that he left due to training differences well thats up to him. Hes not the manager and whats done at training isnt his call. I honestly think him and shorty are the best two forwards in Antrim and losing him is a blow.

Any word on the leagues starting so i have something to look forward to!!!
While I agree Shorty is our best player I didn't think he was that good yesterday. McManus was injured in the Limerick match, and obviously struggled as a result especially in the second half.

Terrible performance in the 2nd half

Sham Man

Jim Nelson, R.I.P. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal.
Shamrocks are winners!

north_antrim_hound

Yesterday was brutal in fairness
When are our forwards going to start trying to pull their men out of position and run into some space especially when there is a deficet in our 50/50 ball winning ability
What wasbt mentioned so far is we shot 5 wides in row
Not on at this level
Mc manus carrying an injury didn't help
Two of their  points came from bad puck outs
The goal started with a dirty ball with one  antrim player and four of theirs  contesting it
That's a pity About young mc afee
where is mc caughan he is a forward who can take the hits and get on with it up front
We need some forwards and quick
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

Quote from: north aontroim gael on March 09, 2015, 12:33:25 PM
Has Antrim as a County ever been lower?  Serious question.

The hurlers are looking to fight of relegation to the third tier.  Our footballers are mid table in Division 4 and just about beat London at home over the weekend.

We have no designated County ground due to ineptitude by our County Board & Ulster Council. Why close Casement until the new development got the green light?

We have also invested a lot of money purchasing a site for a new training complex that a) we can't afford and b) can't get access to as again our County Board never saw fit to carry out the necessary due diligence on the site involved.

You know fine well that one (if not both) of our senior County teams will end the year with a panel of about 17 players after a string of bad results and internal fall outs.

It's depressing.

Before anyone starts slating this post as negative - it's merely stating facts.
Never being lower is subjective - the rest is not.

Megaman

Have to agree with most of what has been said about yesterday.

I'm a big fan of Shorty but i don't think he has been that good the last two games, especially yesterday.

Most of the subs yesterday didn't work at all, actually weakened the team. Agree with Matty not being a forward.

While i don't agree with everything Ryan is doing, its very hard for him when ALL the club players aren't behind the county.

We seriously need ball winners in the forward line.

Work rate from a number of the forwards in the 2nd Half was very poor.

north_antrim_hound

Getting away from the team and on to the fans
Why was the crowd so poor yesterday
There was nearly as many loais fans
The admission fee is a bit hefty
It's seems that the bigger teams like Limerick can draw bigger crowds when we play them at home
Does that mean lots of people go to watch Limerick or cork as opposed to supporting antrim
If that's the case then our support is as fickle and our performances
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Sleeping giant

Quote from: BlacknAmber on March 09, 2015, 12:43:07 PM
As past few games it's been all wrong in my opinion. Don't mean to be hating.  The smallest man on the feild lining out at 11. We've a young lad that recived an u21 all start as a forward sitting on the bench,And we insist on playing young Donnelly. Big slow and awkward. Out of postion.  I've heard a few hurlers say. When Ryan has something in his head. That's it. Seems to be true. We also need someone at wing half to come onto high balls. We've 3 of our best defenders in the full back line.  Id like to see NMA or RMC out there.  And if donnelly isn't good enough for the fullback line.  He isn't good enough.

Stephen Mc Afee, no??
Yes, I thought that was who you were referring to....I just wanted to be sure before jumping in because that same wee hurler (loaded with talent, pace and youth) wasn't even afforded the opportunity yesterday to grace the bench despite his commitment to training and county over the past few years.  No breezing in or breezing out yet dropped without so much as reason/indication why.
why you ask?  because it's a circus that's being run. Drop a naturally gifted forward and play a naturally gifted donkey.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 09, 2015, 03:05:05 PM

Stephen Mc Afee, no??
why you ask?  because it's a circus that's being run. Drop a naturally gifted forward and play a naturally gifted donkey.
While we all can have opinions on who is right or wrong..its shocking calling one of our players a Donkey. No need for that at all

north aontroim gael

Stephen Mc Afee, no??

I think you are out of line referring to any player who trains and puts in effort to represent his County/Club in this manner.  Just because he's not the type of player you'd like to see in this position doesn't give you the right to attack him anonymously from behind a keyboard.  It's childish and if truth be told, bullying.

Megaman

Quote from: north aontroim gael on March 09, 2015, 03:15:52 PM

Stephen Mc Afee, no??

I think you are out of line referring to any player who trains and puts in effort to represent his County/Club in this manner.  Just because he's not the type of player you'd like to see in this position doesn't give you the right to attack him anonymously from behind a keyboard.  It's childish and if truth be told, bullying.

+1

This Donkey as you call him will most likely still be there giving his all for his county while others will have spat out the dummy long ago blaming all around them except themselves.