Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Antrim 1-5 Laois 0-11.  Laois have the breeze first half
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Laois 0-13 Antrim 1-10. Half way through second half.

Seamroga in exile

Laois 1-16 Antrim 1-11.   :-X

Seamroga in exile

Full time. Laois 1-18 Antrim 1-14

btdtgtt

Can I get a refund on petrol money & admission?
That was thouroughly demoralising.
And cold.

hurlingstick

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 08, 2015, 04:01:34 PM
Can I get a refund on petrol money & admission?
That was thouroughly demoralising.
And cold.

Absolutely shocking. Our forwards are awful. Fair play to Shorty for giving it a real go. The rest of the attack were shocking. Defence never gave up, they're a good unit. Sending on Matty???? What for?? Taking off E. Campbell???? Did he not see how ineffective PJ and Niall were? That was horrible

Sleeping giant

Another day in the life of antrim hurling. Class. Team selection was a joke to start of with. Don't worry. We will stay up by beating whom ever wins division 2. And back at the master plan of being happy and staying close to teams only going through the gears of league hurling.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

hurlingstick

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 08, 2015, 04:15:18 PM
Another day in the life of antrim hurling. Class. Team selection was a joke to start of with. Don't worry. We will stay up by beating whom ever wins division 2. And back at the master plan of being happy and staying close to teams only going through the gears of league hurling.

Was so bad. What did you see wrong with selection?

Seamroga in exile

Overheard Ryan calling the result a disaster. Sounds about right

Sleeping giant

As past few games it's been all wrong in my opinion. Don't mean to be hating.  The smallest man on the feild lining out at 11. We've a young lad that recived an u21 all start as a forward sitting on the bench,And we insist on playing young Donnelly. Big slow and awkward. Out of postion.  I've heard a few hurlers say. When Ryan has something in his head. That's it. Seems to be true. We also need someone at wing half to come onto high balls. We've 3 of our best defenders in the full back line.  Id like to see NMA or RMC out there.  And if donnelly isn't good enough for the fullback line.  He isn't good enough.

hurlingstick

Yeah, hard to argue. Neal is doing a great job though in fb, as are Ryan and Aaron. Forward line is brutal!!!

Sleeping giant

Agreed. Full back line is best on the field. By a mile.. But we have to try something, no? Jesus it's heartbreaking

hurlingstick

It is but we just don't have enough quality forwards in the squad. It's not looking good. Shane coming back simply replaces Eddie!

btdtgtt

What was ryan shouting about just before half time was animated I couldn't make it out?
Another cyclical depressing season played out as a procession of league play-off and round-robins against the same teams.
Boring.

Bonamargy

Serious bit of farting about at the back/midfield when we had a gale at our backs in the second half. When they put  Mattie on at half time, it looked like we were going to try and utilise the breeze and take our scores from range and launch it in on top of Mattie. Nope, silly me, we still had 4/5 hand passes before we crossed the 65 (lost it most times). Keeping possession and working the ball out against the wind is fine, but your style of play needs to be flexible and play to the conditions at times.