Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

We are judged on what we win in Antrim championship if you really think that other stuff matters you are hmmm dare I say it... Silly?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

How much it means is a separate debate!
Good god lads!
Rossa beat top teams to win it who never threw the games - therefore it proves they were not a team out of the blue who won nothing - this trophy was tagged in to that volunteer cup!
I was merely PROVING that point!
I recall seeing smiling shamrocks on casement collecting the trophy also - if it's good enough for them it's good enough for any City team and certainly st galls. After all if you are judged on what you have won in the antrim championship what would that say about milltown?
I'm reliably informed it was Ballycran in the final.  ;)

WTF u on about?

Big tickle! if u ever played in that particular competition ud know it was a waste of time! Travelling the country on a sat nite to play teams that had no interest in hurling on some bog of a pitch. Was good for a bit of craic on the way home though!

Milltown Row2

Look you are losing the point here altogether. We over last recent years. Be it 5 6 or7 years have been better than Rossa.... Agreed? That was all I was trying to say, we also reached Croke park at intermediate level and progressed by beating Dunloy couple years later on senior championship. stayed div one and competed final this year..... But you are going to say different. Ulster league against Ballycran...WTF!! Same Year we beat them in reserve and senior at their pitch with 20 players for both games (I played both games lol) but look its a silly argument. Rossa are a better team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 27, 2015, 11:43:07 PM
Look you are losing the point here altogether. We over last recent years. Be it 5 6 or7 years have been better than Rossa.... Agreed? That was all I was trying to say, we also reached Croke park at intermediate level and progressed by beating Dunloy couple years later on senior championship. stayed div one and competed final this year..... But you are going to say different. Ulster league against Ballycran...WTF!! Same Year we beat them in reserve and senior at their pitch with 20 players for both games (I played both games lol) but look its a silly argument. Rossa are a better team

Have u been drinking?

Last 5-7 years? No confirmation of last game between sides?
But I've already said I think st galls have been the more consistent team - either milltown or St. John's.

My point regarding the Ulster league win refers to the fact that when they won the volunteer cup (10 years?) it was not a one-off or out of the blue.

What's difficult to get about this?!

WTF - if the competition meant "nothing" why did anyone enter it? Why did I see loughgiel celebrate it? Mean a lot - no. Mean nothing? Ridiculous assertion. Who plays to lose? And like I said my point is that Rossa had to beat the top teams through the competition to win it - so to describe a volunteer cup win as one off or out of the blue is ridiculous.

I'm done with this - largely because it's irrelevant.
None of the City teams are close to the glens men.
And for the mythical title of the best city team (irrelevant) we are about to find out over this season.

Milltown Row2

Look chill out. Be silly for me to decide over past few years as to what's important and who was better team in the city... Other clubs will have a view on that as mine will be distorted, like yours for Rossa... Seeing as your are their best fan ;).... But as you have consistently said Rossa better team over past ten years ;)

WTF u on about?

Btdgtt. Why did anybody enter it? Because it was a useful pre season warm up nothing else. And if I recall correctly there was cash prizes for the winner of each division! Teams might have celebrated winning it but I'd doubt if they booked the next week off work!

Na Glinntí Glasa

we did enter it and it was usefull but the games turned out pointless at times as you were racking up silly scores which did neither team any favours.

it was better come the semi finals and final if you made it.

i rem rossa winning that because IIRC they beat us in the semi final in dunloy with a last min goal.

also that last year they won the senior they beat us in the semi final when we were going for 5 in a row. ah the joy of seeing a ref give us a free in the last min to have a chance to equalizer and then change his mind and give a free out! lol

mattered not as i dont know if we would of beaten lgiel that year in the final. Rossa deserved it that year for the way they played in the final.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah, no one was happy at it. we were going for the magical 5 in a row which would of been nice. we actually should of being going for 8 in a row had we not lost in the last moments in the 99 final.

we shall not speak of the ref from that game and his amazing pen call which no one could fathom, even the cdall players.

pity as it would of been a nice boast to have
hurl like f**k boi!

Two Hands FFS

I think yous got ridiculous decision back in the 2000 semi final

btdtgtt

Quote from: WTF u on about? on January 28, 2015, 01:05:32 PM
Btdgtt. Why did anybody enter it? Because it was a useful pre season warm up nothing else. And if I recall correctly there was cash prizes for the winner of each division! Teams might have celebrated winning it but I'd doubt if they booked the next week off work!

What a strange time/ issue to make your first post?
Seems by that u care about the Ulster league!
Nobody set out to lose - and everyone prefers to win.
Rossa did win it - that's the fact I stated. Ur argument is for urself as it doesn't change the fact.

MR2 the debate over the last 10years we'll gladly leave - I lost any partisan nature when I was away with work so often hence I get behind all city teams - I've a foot in a few camps with connections but as a hurling man grew up with tradition of Rossa being thehurling team of the city - apologies if that lends to bias. Otherwise I was merely stating facts as I said regarding both their volunteer cup & Ulster league win. I think we've established there was no fluke or out of the blue.

So I will finish by saying it's all past history a and irrelevant. We'll know this year where the City teams stand in relation to each other - and we will also I fear learn that it's along way behind the glens men.

Sham Man

No question that Rossa have been the dominant force in Belfast in the hurling code.  St. Galls have always been more focused on their football, to each his own I say.  As for Ulster Leagues, pipe openers for Antrim teams and of no great benefit, other than pre-season run outs.   Probably more beneficial to non Antrim/Down Teams, if you ask me!

Now that Mickey80 is off me back, I'll, well lets see.  ;D ???
Shamrocks are winners!

WTF u on about?

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 28, 2015, 06:25:29 PM
Quote from: WTF u on about? on January 28, 2015, 01:05:32 PM

What a strange time/ issue to make your first post?
Seems by that u care about the Ulster league!
Nobody set out to lose - and everyone prefers to win.
Rossa did win it - that's the fact I stated. Ur argument is for urself as it doesn't change the fact.

MR2 the debate over the last 10years we'll gladly leave - I lost any partisan nature when I was away with work so often hence I get behind all city teams - I've a foot in a few camps with connections but as a hurling man grew up with tradition of Rossa being thehurling team of the city - apologies if that lends to bias. Otherwise I was merely stating facts as I said regarding both their volunteer cup & Ulster league win. I think we've established there was no fluke or out of the blue.

So I will finish by saying it's all past history a and irrelevant. We'll know this year where the City teams stand in relation to each other - and we will also I fear learn that it's along way behind the glens men.

Btdgtt- I've been reading this for a while now and had decided to sign in so when I decide to make my post is upto me. Just found it strange that somebody that follows hurling is holding up an Ulster league win as the equivalent of another senior championship!

btdtgtt

Who ever equated an Ulster league win to an antrim championship?
Read it again. And don't post on it again.
Done.

WTF u on about?

dont throw ur toys out of the pram. I'll offer an opinion on it if I like by the way. Done