Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickey80

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2015, 04:54:37 PM
Quote from: mickey80 on January 26, 2015, 04:31:26 PM
Rossa haven't been a problem to you? Not as far as I can always remember. Any wins over St Galls have had over Rossa haven't always been convincing.

How long are you going to quote your win over Dunloy and your loss, yes loss, to Cushendall?

Don't let people's opinions rile you in future. It might bring out the d.ickhead in you especially if it touches a nerve. You threw out the SHC final. Just as handy not to make the point that it was a fluke draw that got you there. Who did you beat on the way?

St Galls are a half decent side. Third best in Belfast in my opinion. Cushendall didnt have to get out of 2nd gear against you in the SHC final.

St John's went out of my head by the way so IN MY OPINION Rossa would be second at the minute.

Mickey if you are going to post something then be a least a little accurate, that way the dcikhead wont be brought out of you. You said Rossa were the best side in Belfast, wrong on two accounts, the Johnnies and ourselves are both senior, and Sarsfields last year were senior. Rossa haven't beaten us really in past ten years. Ask Rossa lads the last time they won a senior championship match, that may just give you an indication as to when Rossa were a decent team. Now I firmly believe you are talking about tradition and what juvenile teams are like but to use your quote

I think they are still the best team in Belfast regardless of St Galls' fortunate route to the SHC final and their staying up in Division 1.  Better team and better players all round and I think that will be proved right next year.

What is this based on?  And before we go anywhere I'd rather have Rossa's tradition in hurling than what we currently have, but what we currently have is better than Rossa's

I corrected the Johnnies one if you had bothered reading my second post.

Rossa being in Division 2 of late has been about them rebuilding and getting their house in order, which this year they have certainly done. That makes me believe that they would beat St Galls 4 times out of 5 with their better players, not their tradition or juvenile set up.

Sarsfields are ok but will yoyo like yourselves and you didn't get relegated BECAUSE Sarsfields (that other between-intermediate-and-senior club) were there last year and because Ballygalget were awful. You've only been up one year so don't be getting ahead of yourselves. Just because a team enters the Senior Championship doesn't make them a senior standard club. Weren't Cloughmills in that Championship and your side of the draw last year?

Player for player and pound for pound, Rossa would beat you and I think I'll be proven correct next year. All the same, it's great to see three Belfast clubs in Division 1.

You got touchy first but apologies for calling your behaviour d.ickheaded but I think I might have hit a nerve. How dare I suggest that St Galls might not be as good as they like to think they are.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mickey80 on January 26, 2015, 05:30:48 PM
Rossa haven't been a problem to you? Not as far as I can always remember. Any wins over St Galls have had over Rossa haven't always been convincing.

How long are you going to quote your win over Dunloy and your loss, yes loss, to Cushendall?

Don't let people's opinions rile you in future. It might bring out the d.ickhead in you especially if it touches a nerve. You threw out the SHC final. Just as handy not to make the point that it was a fluke draw that got you there. Who did you beat on the way?

St Galls are a half decent side. Third best in Belfast in my opinion. Cushendall didnt have to get out of 2nd gear against you in the SHC final.

St John's went out of my head by the way so IN MY OPINION Rossa would be second at the minute.

Mickey if you are going to post something then be a least a little accurate, that way the dcikhead wont be brought out of you. You said Rossa were the best side in Belfast, wrong on two accounts, the Johnnies and ourselves are both senior, and Sarsfields last year were senior. Rossa haven't beaten us really in past ten years. Ask Rossa lads the last time they won a senior championship match, that may just give you an indication as to when Rossa were a decent team. Now I firmly believe you are talking about tradition and what juvenile teams are like but to use your quote

I think they are still the best team in Belfast regardless of St Galls' fortunate route to the SHC final and their staying up in Division 1.  Better team and better players all round and I think that will be proved right next year.

What is this based on?  And before we go anywhere I'd rather have Rossa's tradition in hurling than what we currently have, but what we currently have is better than Rossa's

Rossa being in Division 2 of late has been about them rebuilding and getting their house in order, which this year they have certainly done. That makes me believe that they would beat St Galls 4 times out of 5 with their better players, not their tradition or juvenile set up.

Sarsfields are ok but will yoyo like yourselves and you didn't get relegated BECAUSE Sarsfields (that other between-intermediate-and-senior club) were there last year and because Ballygalget were awful. You've only been up one year so don't be getting ahead of yourselves. Just because a team enters the Senior Championship doesn't make them a senior standard club. Weren't Cloughmills in that Championship and your side of the draw last year?

Player for player and pound for pound, Rossa would beat you and I think I'll be proven correct next year. All the same, it's great to see three Belfast clubs in Division 1.

You got touchy first but apologies for calling your behaviour d.ickheaded but I think I might have hit a nerve. How dare I suggest that St Galls might not be as good as they like to think they are.

No nerve touched, you were the one throwing the insults so take a closer look at your own posts.... Next year is next year...... in the past ten years that we have played Rossa we have come out on top in most occasions that can't be disputed so that's all we can go on in recent times? no?

Whether Rossa step up and make the grade in senior is another thing, as Hardstation will say, a lot of false dawns both for Rossa and the Johnnies considering the players that have come through.... We haven't even a manager in place for the coming season so we are already way behind the rest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sham Man

Quote from: mickey80 on January 26, 2015, 05:30:48 PM

Ya nae taukin to me now Mickey80, Kevin will be so dissapointed.  :D ;D ::)  Do ya wanna loan of a spade, keep diggin the hole!?   :)  Ya crack me up ya really do Mick.  ???
Shamrocks are winners!

hurlingstick

Mickey80, your lack of knowledge and stats is frightening. Naomh Gall are arguably the no.1 Belfast senior hurling club currently. Not sure how you call Rossa the better team. Can we have some stats or are you just a mouth?

mickey80

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2015, 03:55:53 PM
In past ten years Rossa haven't been a problem to us, but don't let that stop you talking rubbish. We also beat dunloy and lost to cushendall very narrowly. But hey you know best

I started the insults?

Sham Man

Quote from: mickey80 on January 26, 2015, 07:21:38 PM
In past ten years Rossa haven't been a problem to us, but don't let that stop you talking rubbish. We also beat dunloy and lost to cushendall very narrowly. But hey you know best

I started the insults?
Quit when ur ahead man, thon hole is gettin bigger ffs. Just about big enough for ur gub!! He he he.  ;D :-[  ffs  :-X it.
Shamrocks are winners!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mickey80 on January 26, 2015, 07:21:38 PM

I started the insults?

Were you talking rubbish or not?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

How long have we got before we see subs coming out with the beats audios and hipster beards?   ::)

https://twitter.com/Cattach2/status/559686612368769024
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Saying you were talking rubbish and implying someone is a dcikhead is completely different when we are talking about insults don't you think?

Either way I would think on the bases that having myself played managed and watched our games against Rossa these past few years that we were the better team.... Rossa have always produced crafty skillful hurlers and always will, unfortunately that doesn't win you games

theskull1

There's facts and then there's beliefs. Not always the same thing. Difficult to believe someone would get offended at being called out for trying to dress a belief as fact. My advice would be to grow tf up. Feel free to ignore it if you like.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

clootfromthe21

To change the topic slightly - anyone at the game in Parnell? Bit of unhappiness over on reservoirdubs about some of Antrim's tackling, on Sutcliffe in particular. Justified or overreaction?

Fair play to Rossa - best of luck to them on the 15th.

Sleeping giant

IMO.  :o  St galls have been the best team in Belfast as past 10 years.  St. John's have done nothing but underachieve and rossa have done nothing since they beat us in the final.  Plain and simple in my opinion. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Sleeping giant on January 27, 2015, 02:14:32 PM
IMO.  :o  St galls have been the best team in Belfast as past 10 years.  St. John's have done nothing but underachieve and rossa have done nothing since they beat us in the final.  Plain and simple in my opinion.

Rossa won the Ulster league a few years after their Antrim championship win.
A trophy not a one off game!
The last game I remember between the two teams - was won by Rossa at Milltown in Division2 2years ago? Did they miss each other in Division 1 promoted at different times? (open to correction maybe I just didnt get to the games).

In a one-off / big day I feel Rossa would hold the upper hand of the city teams - in terms of consistency St galls have the edge over them.
St Johns could again, in turn, argue the consistency bit out over St Galls.

For me since none of the above are championship challengers I would look towards consistency in Div1 status and competitive in championship.

All of it however is a bit mute - with the season ahead containing all three in divison 1 in senior thats all that matters.
I am hoping to see the three of them still in division 1 next year - although thats unlikely. Solidify positions here for a while is the only way to make in-roads and give the lads above Ballymena a game!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 27, 2015, 02:58:15 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on January 27, 2015, 02:14:32 PM

Rossa won the Ulster league a few years after their Antrim championship win.
A trophy not a one off game!
The last game I remember between the two teams - was won by Rossa at Milltown in Division2 2years ago? Did they miss each other in Division 1 promoted at different times? (open to correction maybe I just didnt get to the games).

In a one-off / big day I feel Rossa would hold the upper hand of the city teams - in terms of consistency St galls have the edge over them.
St Johns could again, in turn, argue the consistency bit out over St Galls.

For me since none of the above are championship challengers I would look towards consistency in Div1 status and competitive in championship.

All of it however is a bit mute - with the season ahead containing all three in divison 1 in senior thats all that matters.
I am hoping to see the three of them still in division 1 next year - although thats unlikely. Solidify positions here for a while is the only way to make in-roads and give the lads above Ballymena a game!

I've already quoted that we are on the road downwards with an aging team and will not really compete for a while yet, we've a couple of good wee juveniles teams coming through but won't happen for next 5/6 years in my book.. Rossa and the Johnnies can certainly fight it out for the top honours of Belfast, we'll go off to mediocrity 

Na Glinntí Glasa

st johns always promise alot but just seem to fall to an arse in the middle of the season. they remind me of ballycastle.

rossa have a proud name in hurling in antrim though over this past lot of years they have fallen by the wayside. alot of promise from younger lads but they never seem to be consistent enough to mount any sort of challenge.

st galls will always be a football club in peoples minds and hurling will be a close second but they need to have youth coming up through to keep the team at senior level.

whose the better of the 3 at the moment? based on last season i would say st galls. rossa have done well to get to the all ireland final and i wont deny that but its intermediate level, a step below st johns and st galls. i want to see them this year playing cushendall and loughgiel to see how they fare as those 2 are the top 2 sides in antrim.

i honestly think that cloney will struggle this season in div 1 to pick up win with rossa and st galls above them.
hurl like f**k boi!