Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: hardstation on January 25, 2015, 10:40:25 PM
Quote from: Glensman on January 25, 2015, 10:34:12 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on January 25, 2015, 10:13:49 PM
Fair play to the rossa lads. Brilliant result. Good luck in the final

+1 great result and great to see.

Had heard their opponents beat Portaferry in a friendly (true hardstation?) so was a little worried but as noted that is a good team with options on the bench and to come back.
Never heard that. We hurled really well and fought like fcuk for every ball but they weren't great tbh. We were far superior from start to finish and should have won by more. Portaferry would have had a very off day to lose to them.

Not to take anything away from the victory at the weekend, but is this not an indication that Rossa do not belong at this level.

I understand that the club wanted to take a break to rebuild, but the feeling I get when I see this result is not one of overwhelming pride in a club doing well from Antrim in an All Ireland competition. It is more tinged with a bit of sadness that they should be doing this at senior level and maybe competing in a couple of weeks time in a competition that they should be in.

But maybe that is me being a bit too pragmatic.

theskull1

When I hear the words "unreal" and unbelieveable" bandied about the place I'd have to admit I wouldn't see it that way myself. That's not to take away from their victory and their hope that it drives them on to get back to being a Senior club like they should be. I'm sure in the mind of the Rossa stalwarts they know there's a truth here. Hope they go on and win it
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on January 26, 2015, 09:06:23 AM
When I hear the words "unreal" and unbelieveable" bandied about the place I'd have to admit I wouldn't see it that way myself. That's not to take away from their victory and their hope that it drives them on to get back to being a Senior club like they should be. I'm sure in the mind of the Rossa stalwarts they know there's a truth here. Hope they go on and win it

I'm sure the Rossa lads are looking at this as a building block to progress at senior as it looks like quite a young team they're putting out.

Just like Mount Leinster Rangers, who won an intermediate before they got to the senior final three or four years later, it'll instill a bit of confidence into the players and so on.

Last Man

Quote from: johnneycool on January 26, 2015, 09:23:24 AM

I'm sure the Rossa lads are looking at this as a building block to progress at senior as it looks like quite a young team they're putting out.

Just like Mount Leinster Rangers, who won an intermediate before they got to the senior final three or four years later, it'll instill a bit of confidence into the players and so on.

To my mind they started 2014 as an intermediate team, had a great run in the league but compared to Div 1. there's a fair few average sides in 2 so no big news there. They didn't look world beaters in their Antrim campaign but thankfully for them they may be starting to realize some of their potential. Hats off to their hard work and best of luck in the final, hope they win it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 26, 2015, 08:46:35 AM
well done rossa! listened to the game on the radio at home and it was great listening to the smug Waterford broadcasters having to admit they were 2nd best.

great result for the club and antrim hurling.

if this doesnt give hurling a real shot in the arm in Rossa then nothing will. this should spur them on this season hopefully. antrim needs hurling in belfast at the top flight and only having one team in st johns isnt enough.

well done again

Last I heard we were div on and senior finalist 😉
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: hardstation on January 25, 2015, 08:57:50 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2015, 08:53:36 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 25, 2015, 08:41:28 PM
What Antrim ones play for them?

Knocker from the Johnnies? Think someone up the Glens
Nah, Knocker and Maskey play for Fullen Gaels. They won easy today in the Junior.

Kilburn gaels have a fella from Lurgan playing for them, not sure if any Antrim players on the team.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2015, 10:57:57 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 26, 2015, 08:46:35 AM
well done rossa! listened to the game on the radio at home and it was great listening to the smug Waterford broadcasters having to admit they were 2nd best.

great result for the club and antrim hurling.

if this doesnt give hurling a real shot in the arm in Rossa then nothing will. this should spur them on this season hopefully. antrim needs hurling in belfast at the top flight and only having one team in st johns isnt enough.

well done again

Last I heard we were div on and senior finalist 😉

my bad, lol forgot about use!
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Was in Mullingar yesterday - and Waterford today!
Rossa got off to a blinding start with two goals and that gap stayed throughout.
Cappoquin had a man sent off before half time which helped no end as Rossa could play the xtra man in defence against the wind in the 2nd half.
The Quinners looked like they ahd given up the gost long before the full time whistle.
Rossa half back line was the winning of it for me - they were superb.
Look to be a very young Rossa team and I think there will be work to do to regain standing at senior but fair play to them yesterday by far the better team. The young boy took both goals really well and that lifted them. Donal Armstrong's young fella was excellent also porovided physicaility needed. Good luck to Rossa in the final.

mickey80

It's probably a fair enough point to be honest but I wouldn't begrudge them their opportunity to re-build and regenerate hurling in their club through their efforts although that didn't exactly work for St John's.  They went unbeaten in Division 2 and so far haven't been beaten which tells you they are too strong for where they are but as I said I still wouldn't begrudge them it for the overall benefit of Belfast hurling.

I think they are still the best team in Belfast regardless of St Galls' fortunate route to the SHC final and their staying up in Division 1.  Better team and better players all round and I think that will be proved right next year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mickey80 on January 26, 2015, 03:39:09 PM

It's probably a fair enough point to be honest but I wouldn't begrudge them their opportunity to re-build and regenerate hurling in their club through their efforts although that didn't exactly work for St John's.  They went unbeaten in Division 2 and so far haven't been beaten which tells you they are too strong for where they are but as I said I still wouldn't begrudge them it for the overall benefit of Belfast hurling.

I think they are still the best team in Belfast regardless of St Galls' fortunate route to the SHC final and their staying up in Division 1.  Better team and better players all round and I think that will be proved right next year.

In past ten years Rossa haven't been a problem to us, but don't let that stop you talking rubbish. We also beat dunloy and lost to cushendall very narrowly. But hey you know best
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2015, 03:55:53 PM

In past ten years Rossa haven't been a problem to us, but don't let that stop you talking rubbish. We also beat dunloy and lost to cushendall very narrowly. But hey you know best

sure we were done then according to some, that victory means nothing  ;D

how do yous think you will fare this year after last season? getting to the final will have done the hurling no harm at all, regardless of what people may think of the route to it.
hurl like f**k boi!

mickey80

Rossa haven't been a problem to you? Not as far as I can always remember. Any wins over St Galls have had over Rossa haven't always been convincing.

How long are you going to quote your win over Dunloy and your loss, yes loss, to Cushendall?

Don't let people's opinions rile you in future. It might bring out the d.ickhead in you especially if it touches a nerve. You threw out the SHC final. Just as handy not to make the point that it was a fluke draw that got you there. Who did you beat on the way?

St Galls are a half decent side. Third best in Belfast in my opinion. Cushendall didnt have to get out of 2nd gear against you in the SHC final.

St John's went out of my head by the way so IN MY OPINION Rossa would be second at the minute.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mickey80 on January 26, 2015, 04:31:26 PM
Rossa haven't been a problem to you? Not as far as I can always remember. Any wins over St Galls have had over Rossa haven't always been convincing.

How long are you going to quote your win over Dunloy and your loss, yes loss, to Cushendall?

Don't let people's opinions rile you in future. It might bring out the d.ickhead in you especially if it touches a nerve. You threw out the SHC final. Just as handy not to make the point that it was a fluke draw that got you there. Who did you beat on the way?

St Galls are a half decent side. Third best in Belfast in my opinion. Cushendall didnt have to get out of 2nd gear against you in the SHC final.

St John's went out of my head by the way so IN MY OPINION Rossa would be second at the minute.

Mickey if you are going to post something then be a least a little accurate, that way the dcikhead wont be brought out of you. You said Rossa were the best side in Belfast, wrong on two accounts, the Johnnies and ourselves are both senior, and Sarsfields last year were senior. Rossa haven't beaten us really in past ten years. Ask Rossa lads the last time they won a senior championship match, that may just give you an indication as to when Rossa were a decent team. Now I firmly believe you are talking about tradition and what juvenile teams are like but to use your quote

What is this based on?  And before we go anywhere I'd rather have Rossa's tradition in hurling than what we currently have, but what we currently have is better than Rossa's

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 26, 2015, 04:29:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2015, 03:55:53 PM

sure we were done then according to some, that victory means nothing  ;D

how do yous think you will fare this year after last season? getting to the final will have done the hurling no harm at all, regardless of what people may think of the route to it.

We will be a yoyo club for a while DR, I'd say certain retirements will kick in maybe this season and the lads that have been together for so long will more than likely retire or slow down in the next few years, we've a few good kids coming through but nothing to sustain another run at Championship..... Rossa will be the team sure ;)

Sham Man

Hi Mickey80, Kevin here. I see others have the same opion of you as I have, an utter D***h*ad,  he he he he  ;D, now ffs, maybe you will take that long overdue redner! :-[ :-[ :-[  An absolute tool if the 1st order, and not only in my opinion. ;) ::) ???
Shamrocks are winners!