Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 22, 2015, 01:51:48 PM
Plenty of chat about intermediate which is good to see. Everyone presuming Senior is a Loughgiel / Dall shootout?

With no animosity or bitterness whatsoever, I genuinely think that LG will struggle to get back to their previous level.

The older players are that bit older and the desire or ability to do those extra defining hard yards just wont be there, not a dig simple fact. Also I dont think the replacements as are strong as they once were.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i kinda think that myself but there could stil be another one left in them. i see alot of the way were with Loughgiel with a good team winning all yet aging away with a few players dropping off and a few maybe sticking on a bit more.

we didnt have the necessary talent just to take over and continue a dominance over antrim hurling and i think Lgiel will be the same. its not easy producing players like that each year, unless your kilkenny!

i see antrim becoming a team winning it here and there with no clear dominate club at the moment.
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on January 22, 2015, 02:50:06 PM
Plenty of chat about intermediate which is good to see. Everyone presuming Senior is a Loughgiel / Dall shootout?

With no animosity or bitterness whatsoever, I genuinely think that LG will struggle to get back to their previous level.

The older players are that bit older and the desire or ability to do those extra defining hard yards just wont be there, not a dig simple fact. Also I dont think the replacements as are strong as they once were.
congrats.  Cdall 2015 champions
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Cushendall the team to beat definitely
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

There's not that many that old for Loughgiel. Have they any retirements?

There's a few years in them boys yet I'd have thought.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 22, 2015, 05:07:10 PM
Cushendall the team to beat definitely

lol  ;D

to be fair my assessment is based on experience, no team can keep it going no matter what supporters may believe nor want.
hurl like f**k boi!

maxpower

Did anyone actually say Cushendall would win? 2 said they thought Loughgiel would struggle to get back to their best!
What happens next????

btdtgtt

I think last years defeat will re-invigorate them and the hunger will return to regain the title.
Then maybe Ballycastle will take over!

Sleeping giant

Congrats.  Ballycastle. 2016 champs. Lol :o

Bonamargy

Quote from: Sleeping giant on January 22, 2015, 06:44:08 PM
Congrats.  Ballycastle. 2016 champs. Lol :o

I will snatch your hand off for that. Lol

Sleeping giant

Ah just messing. It will come. All dogs have there day.

Sham Man

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 22, 2015, 06:07:32 PM

I think last years defeat will re-invigorate them and the hunger will return to regain the title.
Then maybe Ballycastle will take over!
I could not agree more btdtgtt, the Shams should be reinvigorated, bearing in mind this is our centenary year also!  I think the town are maybe a year away from it yet, though they have the potential to shake things up in coming years.  SG is bound to disagree with me, but he is a bitter Shams man and has no love for the town. Unlike me, I have connections in both camps, so if not the Shams, I'm hoping the town push on somewhat.  ;) ;D  Take it easy now SG, ffs. ::)
Shamrocks are winners!

Milltown Row2

Anyone that thinks a manager player or even a real supporter believes things mentioned on a daft forum will actually make a difference is crackers lol... Bitta a craic but influences teams?? Never
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sham Man

Quote from: Sleeping giant on January 22, 2015, 07:12:43 PM
Ah just messing. It will come. All dogs have there day.
Hi SG, Kevin here!  A bit inconsistent don't you think, and I quote?  "sham man.    " There is not one hurling man in Loughgiel wants to see Ballycastle make the breakthrough"  tut, tut, tut!  ??? ;)  ffs take a redner. ;D
Shamrocks are winners!

mickey80

If you keep feeding the troll, he'll keep coming back. Ignore sham_man/Getevennotcross and the rest of his bogus names and he'll eventually get bored ans go away. What a saddo!